This seems like proof that Pokemon 3DS will be awesome

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Spoonman671 (4554 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
@Marokai said:
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
@Ragdrazi said:
Pokemon was never cool.
for hipsters it is
Or for people who, you know, just enjoy pokemon. I know it's hard to imagine someone can actually legitimately like anything these days for some people in this era of irony.
It's just hard to imagine anyone liking something so awful without being ironic about it.
Why are you here?
#52 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

Saying "Pokemon was never cool" is what I've said in every Pokemon thread I've come across on Giant Bomb. This is the first time I've gotten this reaction.

You play with fire enough and you'll get burned eventually.

It's Pokemon. I would advise being a lot calmer about it then this.
#53 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -

@Ragdrazi said:

@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

Saying "Pokemon was never cool" is what I've said in every Pokemon thread I've come across on Giant Bomb. This is the first time I've gotten this reaction.

You play with fire enough and you'll get burned eventually.

It's Pokemon. I would advise being a lot calmer about it then this.

I'm totally calm. You're the one freaking out over everyone jumping down your throat, dude.

#54 Posted by mubblegum (250 posts) -

It seems like they're already moving towards it with the 3D sprites and environments in Black/White. I think they already stated their next game will be released on DS and 3DS did they not? Though I suspect they already have plans in place for the dev of the 3DS game.

#55 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -

@mubblegum said:

It seems like they're already moving towards it with the 3D sprites and environments in Black/White. I think they already stated their next game will be released on DS and 3DS did they not? Though I suspect they already have plans in place for the dev of the 3DS game.

The next game will in all likelihood be the third counterpart to Black and White, which means that it will be a DS game almost certainly. The next games after that will likely be the first 3DS Pokemon titles.

#56 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
Pokemon was never cool.
to anti-social people and people with little friends. pokemon was an awesome social game for it's time.
#57 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They rendered 152 pokes for Pokemon Stadium for the N64 and susequently did nothing with those assets (other than Pokemon Snap). This doesn't prove anything. They've been rendering detailed 3d versions of pokes since the 90s and they never make it into a main entry in the series unless you count those awful cutscenes in Pokemon Black/White. 
But if this means they do a new Pokemon Snap that's longer than 3 hours, that's even better really.

#58 Edited by mubblegum (250 posts) -

Aside from the Rumble Blast release of course. I remember reading a while ago about a possible simultaneous DS/3DS release; in regard to "Grey".  
As you say, considering the Black/White versions came out just as 3DS was coming, I think Game Freak aren't planning a 3DS game any time soon, they will probably at the very least have a simultaneous release, as a large number of their fan base still has a DS anyway.  

@Hailinel said: 

@mubblegum said:

It seems like they're already moving towards it with the 3D sprites and environments in Black/White. I think they already stated their next game will be released on DS and 3DS did they not? Though I suspect they already have plans in place for the dev of the 3DS game.

The next game will in all likelihood be the third counterpart to Black and White, which means that it will be a DS game almost certainly. The next games after that will likely be the first 3DS Pokemon titles.

 
 
#59 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
@Ragdrazi said:
@SethPhotopoulos said:
@Ragdrazi said:
@Marokai said:
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
@Ragdrazi said:
Pokemon was never cool.
for hipsters it is
Or for people who, you know, just enjoy pokemon. I know it's hard to imagine someone can actually legitimately like anything these days for some people in this era of irony.
It's just hard to imagine anyone liking something so awful without being ironic about it.
Maybe if your being snobbish about it then I guess you can't imagine people liking things you don't.
No, I'm not the snob here. The hipsters playing Pokemon because they're being ironic, those are the snobs. Pokemon's bad. The sun is warm. The sky is blue. Air is good for breathing. Pokemon's bad.
I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this. I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick. Either way that statement is wrong so...
I'm fucking around, but it's something I really think. It's the same thing with Harry Potter. The first four books were... ok? Very run of the mill children's fare. Then they became popular as hell and got increasingly absurd, trying to add more not really well thought out "depth" on a base concept that really was already shaky at best in terms of quality. Same exact thing with Pokemon. It's not good. It really isn't.

That analogy does nothing but serve as hand waving to distract from the fact that you have no argument.

Uh. The... arguement? Is that Pokemon was a pretty much a run of the mill boilerplate product aimed at children that got a massive following for no good reason, then got ridiculous. Why this is about arguments and such I don't know. I don't like Pokemon. Pokemon is bad. You don't then have to immediately jump to the gun's blazing defense of Pokemon do you? Like, seriously, who cares. What has made it your job to defend Pokemon. I don't come for a fight, honestly.

So you're basing your opinion that the game sucks on its popularity?

Um. No?
i woke up to 15 notifications this morning....  what in the world are all of you arguing about?!
#60 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: You said something that was judged just too mean for Giant Bomb. Then I said something based off it that was judged just too mean for Giant Bomb. Mind you the Giant Bomb I know and love eats fanboys for breakfast, and really what we said was by no means overly harsh. But shhh. Pokemon. It's very important that you don't speak ill of it or these people will cut you.
 
Yeah. I don't get it either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.