FYI, this thing is $26 for a complete Pokedex

#1 Posted by Keavy_Rain (130 posts) -

You read that right and if you thought $15 for the 3DS version was bad...

$1.99 for the app plus Unova, $5.99 each for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn.

What sucks is when Black/White came out I found a Pokedex app on the App Store that linked to Bulbapedia but formatted the site and information for iPhone/iPod Touch viewing. Free with ads, $1.99 no ads. It has since been removed from the App Store, which makes me kinda mad considering THIS IS WHAT REPLACED IT!!!

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

Who looks through a Pokedex outside of the games?

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

@awesomeusername: If it's got their locations, and what moves they can learn, I do. I also go to the free, 3rd party website that's got every aspect of the games detailed for free. This is stupid.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I dunno I figure if your way into pokemon that might be something you would dig.

#5 Posted by Nux (2360 posts) -

Good thing I have a .99 cent app on my phone that gives me all the info I need on every Pokemon ever.

#6 Posted by vikingdeath1 (972 posts) -

@awesomeusername: it shows where to find certain pokemon, how frequently you'll find them, their breeding rate, their base stats (with both helpful & hindering natures) and what abilities they can get. it's useful if you're trying to breed, say, the best possible Steelix with max defenses or whatever.

pretty much just really useful under-the-hood stuff about pokemon. The actual pokedex In the games I find pretty useless.

to OP: That's pretty shitty, I think I have that free app that will link you to Bulbapedia and it's super useful.

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@TooWalrus: @Demoskinos: @vikingdeath1: You guys have a point. But still, there's always serebii.net. They're official.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

@awesomeusername: What do you mean by official? Like, they're run by Nintendo? Or just endorsed by them? They're who I used to use, I just always assumed it was fan run.

#9 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

Isn't there also a pile of wiki pages that could fill this need?

#10 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I mean official like they're the best to find your Pokeman needs.

#11 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

The pokemon wiki probably has more information than you'd even want to know about every pokemon (here's bulbasaur)

#12 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Eh, that's pretty bad, but at the same time you can just slap a bookmark to bulbapedia on your home screen right? I would just skip buying this and do that.

#13 Posted by jking47 (1211 posts) -

Oh wow, I just kinda assumed this was free. That is pretty stupid.

All I want is the original 151 with that awesome pokedex voice.

#14 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

That is depressing.

#15 Posted by eccentrix (1555 posts) -

I want the Mass Effect codex voice reading it to me.

#16 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

That's pretty gross!

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10293 posts) -

Yeah that's pretty stupid, but not as stupid as the people who bought it.

#18 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

There are only 151 pokemon, it can't be that hard to remember them.

#19 Posted by ch3burashka (5083 posts) -

@psylah said:

There are only 151 pokemon, it can't be that hard to remember them.

Amen.

That's fucking bullshit. As if the Pokemon franchise wasn't simultaneously a gold mine and a sham, what with them releasing the same game three times... and then re-releasing it again updated. I love and appreciate the franchise (mostly Red/Blue, but whatever), but I see it for what it is, too: a rip-off of epic proportions.

#20 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.