finally

#2 Posted by ConorT (3 posts) -

Pokemon in 3D?

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

This thing is ace, lovely graphics!

#4 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

And it's especially awesome when Nintendo sends you two more Pokemon at the end of the night. I open my 3DS up and it has a little blue dot on it, I get all giddy.

#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

... 2011 GOTY.

#6 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

Why does DS Pokemon Music sound like lame Cell Phone song?

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

And it's especially awesome when Nintendo sends you two more Pokemon at the end of the night. I open my 3DS up and it has a little blue dot on it, I get all giddy.

I opened up my 3DS after coming home from class/groceries and I had 3 streetpass thingies and new pokemon! Double giddy!
#8 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I gotta catch'em all!!!! MOREEEEEE

#9 Posted by Protonguy (305 posts) -

Precursor to them actually making a 3d pokemon game? If it were any other company i'd say yes but Game Freak have been milking that same engine/format for 13 years now with minimal improvement. My hopes are low.

#10 Edited by Bollard (5598 posts) -

Do you need the SpotPass settings on "Yes" for the downloading new software for this to work? Or does it just work anyway? 

Ideally I don't want my 3DS downloading loads of random demos I don't need...

#11 Posted by TheMartino (136 posts) -

I enjoy this app way more than I should.

#12 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Love how over the top the music is.

#13 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

So the existence of these 3d models and animation sets pretty much points to a real pokemon game coming right? I would hope it is a real update/upgrade to the main games and not some side game ala Snap or whatever.

#14 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@CookieMonster said:
Love how over the top the music is.
That's the Pokemon Black/White theme.
#15 Posted by Oullie (59 posts) -

Looks okay :/ but I guess I'd be more hyped if I was way younger. Pokemon is enormously fun though, I just don't know about a stand alone pokedex.

#16 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

For the OCD child in you!

#17 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3341 posts) -

Pretty cool for free. 

#18 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1120 posts) -

Is this app as useful as bulbapedia?

#19 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

if collecting pokemon cards was still popular this would have been epic. 

#20 Posted by Xeiphyer (5605 posts) -

Pretty awesome, I imagine the pokemon models belong to a new Pokemon Stadium game being developed. Ain't no way they release 150 nice looking models for free, that's a lot of work!

#21 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:
Pretty awesome, I imagine the pokemon models belong to a new Pokemon Stadium game being developed. Ain't no way they release 150 nice looking models for free, that's a lot of work!
150? Dude, there are like 649 pokes now or something insane like that.
#22 Posted by Xeiphyer (5605 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
@Xeiphyer said:
I thought the trailer stated 150, as in, they only have the current generation pokemon added to it. Might be wrong though =P Much too lazy to go and check!

It'd probably make more sense to include all of them if they have the assets around, but who knows with Nintendo!
#23 Posted by MeatSim (10871 posts) -

But what about Koffing?

#24 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -

@Xeiphyer said:

@ryanwho said:
@Xeiphyer said:
I thought the trailer stated 150, as in, they only have the current generation pokemon added to it. Might be wrong though =P Much too lazy to go and check! It'd probably make more sense to include all of them if they have the assets around, but who knows with Nintendo!

Yeah, it's only the newest 150, which in my mind makes this thing a complete waste of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.