First trailer - Pokémon Black/White Version 2

#1 Edited by awadnin (275 posts) -

Nintendo published the first trailer for Pokémon Black/White Version 2 for DS. It is set within the Unova region after 2 years from first Pokémon Black/White. It will has new playable characters and new rivals. Pokémon Black/White Version 2 will has more than 300 Pokémon and it will contains Pokémon from various other regions of the game which is making it the biggest regional Pokédex.

source

some of new pictures from the game:

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This may be locked as YouTube spam. You may wish to list off some new game features it introduces in the trailer.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

This may be locked as YouTube spam. You may wish to list off some new game features it introduces in the trailer.

What he said.

Hopefully there will be more new areas then old, but that probably wont be the case. I will most likely pick it up when it comes out.

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3867 posts) -

Its not going to be for 3DS? :(

#5 Posted by awadnin (275 posts) -

@JJOR64: @JJOR64: Added some information and pictures.

#6 Posted by awadnin (275 posts) -

@DarthOrange: It is for DS however you can play it in your 3DS :)

maybe we will see new Pokémon for 3DS next year because it will need more time for developed it.

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I love it, it looks great.

Still have to finish White but I like the whole new style (and pokeymans!) they've got going with the franchise, now we just need that Wii U version in 3d.

#8 Posted by AndrewB (7669 posts) -

Po-ket-o Monsta Black 2. White 2.

I love the Pokemon trailer guy voice.

#9 Posted by Wampa1 (710 posts) -

What the fuck Is going on with everyone's hair!

#10 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Yep, looks like Pokemon. Sign me up!

#11 Posted by drowsap (682 posts) -

God dam you Nintendo just take my money again I know im part of the problem but i just love the Pokemon franchise.

#12 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@JJOR64: Judging from the map, there's 4-5 new areas. Not bad, considering what we get from the usual third version rehashes, this seems to be a lot more.

The hardcore fanboys trying to pass this off as a "whole new game!" are a bit laughable, but having a continuing story sounds great and I'm loving the gym leaders, especially the punk rock girl with the Scolipede guitar. She instantly looks better than half the gym leaders we had in the original Black/White.

#13 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

I still don't understand why they wouldn't just make it for 3ds. They want people to buy their newer system right?

#14 Edited by AndrewB (7669 posts) -

@HairyMike87 said:

I still don't understand why they wouldn't just make it for 3ds. They want people to buy their newer system right?

Following your typical Pokemon release schedule, this is the "3rd" game in the series (Red Blue Yellow, Gold Silver Crystal, etc), except they're also splitting these into two games because they like to print money. Also, there looks to be significant enough changes this time around. The thing they're re-using is the world map (obviously modified).

The point is... the next game will be a true 3DS release, and keeping with the steady stream of Pokemon game releases, it's only a year away now. Well, a little longer for international release... but still.

#15 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

@HairyMike87 said:

That seems a bit too much like hard work. Wouldn't want to progress the series too much now, there's money to be made.

#16 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

@drag said:

@HairyMike87 said:

That seems a bit too much like hard work. Wouldn't want to progress the series too much now, there's money to be made.

Yep, and once they'd do that people would actually have at least decent expectations for upcoming Pokemon Editions - which would make it even harder for those poor souls!

#17 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Is it called "Pokemon White/Black Version 2"? That would be wierd considering how all of the previous generations have gone, name-wise. I was expecting like "Pokemon Grey" or "Pokemon YinYang Edition" or something cool.

#18 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Pokemon is something I will always buy, and the fact that these are sequels to the original games still makes me very intrigued.

#19 Posted by FoxMulder (1706 posts) -

Loved Black and played over 100 hours of it! I'm totally up for some more!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.