PETA, you crazy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by samhead5 (46 posts) -

So PETA is now protecting virtual creatures.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

It seems that the issue that they are bringing up is "Children learned about dominance rather than compassion. While Pokemon faced the worst abuses, children started bullying each other." Personally I feel that the Pokemon games and TV show do a good job of showing that training a Pokemon is more about loving and caring for them rather than treating them badly just to make them strong.

I wanted to know what other people think of this? Is their argument justified? Is Pokemon really teaching children a bad lesson? and what do PETA hope to gain from this?

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Already a thread for this friend. PETA is a fucking joke.

#3 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

lawl PETA. I'm all for animal rights and stuff, but they're full retard.

#4 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (468 posts) -

This is crazy, but when you really think about it Pokemon is pretty messed up.

#5 Posted by samhead5 (46 posts) -

@laserbolts: Oh woops, had a quick look before I posted to make sure. couldnt find it. Link so I can have my say?

#6 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

why do they even care about pokemon!?!?!?!?

#7 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

Like someone pointed out, this is a duplicate thread. I can't flag you because of the karma system (I really should get to PM'ing the mods), but yeah, no sense in having two threads so recent with the very same topic.

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

I find the Pikachu with the "I Support Team Plasma" sign to be very funny since you found out at the end of Black and White that Plasma actually wanted to control all the Pokemon for evil.

#9 Posted by samhead5 (46 posts) -

@Snail: Thanks. Is there a way for me to remove a thread?

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

@samhead5: Users cannot delete threads, only moderators and stuff can. Please, if you need a thread removed, talk to the mods. The original is here for those reading this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.