Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

• 116 results
#51 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Can I start with my fire pig? If not, then no dice. Also, I just remembered that I traded in my DS and bought a bunch of Vita/PSP games digitally through Gamestop's website, so I'm definitely not getting this.

Can I suggest hitting up Craigslist if you come into some cash? A lot of people are selling their DS systems between $60-80 now in my area. Maybe it'll be the same for your area.

#52 Edited by Aegon (5843 posts) -

Well they ran out of colours and precious metals/stones, so what else was left?  

Looks like the legendary just got some new armor...who do you think is the smith for a 40 foot pokemon?

#53 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -
@pw2566ch said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Can I start with my fire pig? If not, then no dice. Also, I just remembered that I traded in my DS and bought a bunch of Vita/PSP games digitally through Gamestop's website, so I'm definitely not getting this.

Can I suggest hitting up Craigslist if you come into some cash? A lot of people are selling their DS systems between $60-80 now in my area. Maybe it'll be the same for your area.

Nah, I'm not really interested in getting another DS.  There was a 13 year gap between my first and second Pokemon game, and I won't be too upset if I take a similar hiatus before picking up my third Pokemon.
#54 Posted by GioVANNI (1293 posts) -

How crazy would it be if you could "import your save" so to speak from Black and White. Continue with the party of Pokemon you left off with.

#55 Edited by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@GioVANNI said:

How crazy would it be if you could "import your save" so to speak from Black and White. Continue with the party of Pokemon you left off with.

Would that mean I'd have to get a 2nd DS to do some Download Play thing? If so, no thanks.

#56 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

At this point, I don't really give a fuck anymore. Just give us more than two save slots and I'm good.

#57 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@asian_pride said:

At this point, I don't really give a fuck anymore. Just give us more than two save slots and I'm good.

you would think by now that would be a thing , i dont understand why they dont have that

#58 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

So Nintendo just doesn't care anymore?

#59 Posted by Zithe (1040 posts) -

Seems like Nintendo is trying what Square Enix has been doing with FF.

I know people complain about this all the time, but I really did not like the overall art style of the Pokemon in Black/White. Some were pretty good, but overall it seems like they've been getting slightly more and more cartoony (as in a lack of detail in the art) since the beginning. I hope these games don't do the exclusive-only-new Pokemon thing again.

#60 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

God I hope this is really a direct continuation of the events in black/white. Not only was it the best story (only real story I guess) a pokemon game has ever had, I would very much like to just transfer all my data to the new game considering all the time I put into the last one. Like an unhealthy amount of time.

#61 Posted by Nux (2426 posts) -

This is kinda strange. I wonder why this isn't Pokemon Gray and its not on the 3DS? I'll still buy it anyway.

#62 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@Nux: In a way, I'm really glad it's not Pokemon Gray and is on the DS; we're going to get a new storyline, and I don't have to buy a 3DS before the inevitable 3DS Lite!

#63 Posted by Nux (2426 posts) -

@isnipeyoudie: I see your point. Everyone was expecting Pokemon Gray or something along thoes lines and I know I was expecting it to be on the 3DS, so it is refreshing to see them break form with this direct sequel. I do, however, still kinda wish it was coming out on the 3DS so I'll have something to play on that damn thing.

#64 Edited by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Welp, anyone who has responded to my previous post in this thread has lost the right to gripe about a new COD coming out. And to the dude that tried to make the comparison to Borderlands: Borderlands hasn't been around for 15 years, and doesn't have over a fifty games related to the franchise.

#65 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@cstrang said:

Welp, anyone who has responded to my previous post in this thread has lost the right to gripe about a new COD coming out. And to the dude that tried to make the comparison to Borderlands: Borderlands hasn't been around for 15 years, and doesn't have over a fifty games related to the franchise.

Unlike Call of Duty, a new Pokemon game in the main series doesn't come out every twelve months, so, it's not Call of Duty.

#66 Posted by SuperCabboy (89 posts) -

I say I won't buy it......

But I'll buy it....

#67 Edited by Tan (425 posts) -

I don't want to play this on my 3DS in a crappy resolution

...and I also don't want to have to carry around my old DS instead of my 3DS

...nor do I really care about the story of pokemon games

But goddamnit I know I'll own this thing somehow.

#68 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@cstrang said:

Unlike Call of Duty, a new Pokemon game in the main series doesn't come out every twelve months, so, it's not Call of Duty.

But it's still a sequel with an oh-so-slight improvement over the previous installment.

#69 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@cstrang said:

@Hailinel said:

@cstrang said:

But it's still a sequel with an oh-so-slight improvement over the previous installment.

A lot of sequels are like that.

#70 Edited by awadnin (275 posts) -

Damn it, I hoped the new game will be for 3DS.  
Maybe 3DS will get a new pokemon game in E3 this year.

#71 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

What would a direct sequel to a Pokemon game even entail. I really like White, I wonder if this will this have any new Pokemon.

#72 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'd hardly say it had a gripping story, but a nice emotional twist on the whole concept of Pokemon. I wonder though if we will get new Pokemon in this edition?

#73 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@cstrang said:

Yeah.... except you are missing a few things like Hal points out. For starters they do not come out every 12 months, nor are there 50 games tied to the mainline franchise. Pokemon has been around since 1996 and there has only been 11 games (not including the duos separately since they are the exact same games. There is no point in considering stuff like black and white different because they are not) released in that time frame. They also completely revamp the games each new "generation", yes the basic structure is the same, yes you go and collect 8 badges, yes you fight the elite 4, but the actual game mechanics such as stats, move pools, physical/special attributes has been constantly changed from the start. Leveling a Squirtle from level 5 in blue or red is a vastly different experience than leveling a Squirtle from level 5 in white or black. 

For the record though I think people that whine about yearly CoD releases are pretty dumb anyhow. People want them so they sell, simple as that.
#74 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@cstrang said:

Main Pokemon games are released every 3-4 years, there's only been 5 in the past 16 years and that's not even cheating by doing something like, say, leave the number off the end of the name. Yes, there are a few revisions inbetween and a hell of a lot of spin-off games, but they're all very different from one another and can largely be ignored.

My Borderlands comment was in regards to the gameplay.

#75 Posted by Metal_Mills (3048 posts) -

For DS? wtf is this shit.

#76 Posted by selbie (1969 posts) -

I read the title as "Pokemon Black 2 White" o__0

....*cue "That's Racist!" gif*

#77 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

why havent Pokemon made a full on open world RPG yet?

#78 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Probably because they like to stick to handhelds and we haven't had one powerful enough that could really do that yet (except the Vita, but you know). Also, I don't think the Japanese are really into the whole open world thing. We still haven't had an open world Monster Hunter for crying out loud.

#79 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Wait hold on, for the DS!
Man, Pokemon is one of the main reasons I got a 3DS..

#80 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: They should give it a crack with the WII U, a open world but it follows the same formula of the hand helds with just a big world to explore. Cut it into three islands so they are locked off until youve done certain story quests.Cell shaded art style that has the look of the original series. And ill give it a crack.

#81 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Even if this is actually better than yet another third rehash, I busted a gut laughing when I saw this news. Pokemon Black and White... 2.

I still hope it's good.

#82 Posted by RenaissanceXD (44 posts) -

They've run out of colours fo sho.

#83 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Hizang: Well this is just going to use the same engine and stuff presumably so no reason to stick it on the 3DS alone. Whenever the next gen starts is when we'll get the 3DS exclusive. 
#84 Posted by bennym6 (424 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Yeah they did some different stuff with the first I won't spoil it but it is a change from the previous games.

#85 Posted by bennym6 (424 posts) -

Red 2 would be good you could import your pokemon like Mass Effect :D

#86 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

Kinda lazy it's not a 3DS game. I mean, a Pokémon game for the 3DS could probably sell quite good, right? Heh.

#87 Posted by StrainedEyes (1334 posts) -

So, since they are actually called "Version 2", what the hell does that mean? Maybe they are just what-if versions of the first games, with all kinds of bizarre shit happening.

#88 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

This is very surprising! I have a good feeling about this...

#89 Posted by bennym6 (424 posts) -

What does a a sequel mean in pokemon. You most likely will be a new trainer so it is not like it is a continueation from the last game exactly

#90 Posted by Hunter5024 (5976 posts) -

My gut says this is awesome, but my skeptical mind is telling me that its just a mindless cash grab. Are they just taking the platinum/crystal/emerald concept and splitting it up into two versions? Cause if so that's stupid and I hate them forever. But is this like a direct story sequel? The implications of that are pretty awesome to me, it could be something really interesting in a franchise that's been relatively similar for a long time.

#91 Posted by RampageAssassin (427 posts) -

I can see why they aren't releasing them on the 3DS but Nintendo have shot themselves in the foot. This on the 3DS would have sold systems !

#92 Posted by flamingwuzzle23 (10 posts) -

@StrainedEyes said:

So, since they are actually called "Version 2", what the hell does that mean? Maybe they are just what-if versions of the first games, with all kinds of bizarre shit happening.

They're not "Pokémon (color): Version 2", they're "Pokémon (color) Version" 2. Big difference there.

In any case, the Japanese names don't have "Version" added on to the end of them like the English releases, the names are just "Black 2" and "White 2".

#93 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1256 posts) -

Can't wait. Will probably put hundreds of hours into this one too haha

#94 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (446 posts) -

I'm here because I thought someone was talking about Black & White.

#95 Posted by echo13791 (61 posts) -

http://ocdgaming.org/2012/02/26/pokemon-say-what/

Check out that article and let me know what you think. I really feel like the "2" warrants something new, and I'll be very disappointed if Game Freak just goes down the same old path they've been treading for years.

#96 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

Were all the other colors already taken?

#97 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

They've been confirmed by Nintendo of Europe to be releasing in the Autumn (September-December-ish).

This is the first time we've seen a third version (or whatever) released so quickly after the Japanese release. Hopefully we get more news about what the game will actually be soon.

#98 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind: It's coming out in June in Japan, so we'll know pretty much everything sooner than later.
#99 Posted by Chet_Rippo (238 posts) -

Saw this announcement the day me and my friends got back in to pokemon battling. So excited.

#100 Posted by Bollard (5868 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Kind of surprised these aren't for the 3DS.

Well, that would have required them to put actual effort in to development, rather than making their own ROM hack like they did with Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire and Platinum.

Also, what the fuck. I understand that Pokemon Grey was a damn terrible name, but this I did not expect as the alternative.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.