Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

• 116 results
#101 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I played Black, my first pokemon since elementary school, but burned out about 15 hours in. Even after all that time, I still felt like was playing the same old game. "Gotta-catch-em-all" just doesn't do it for me anymore.

#102 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

@Rudeboy217: you are smart

#103 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

For people wanting Pokemon to evolve in 2012 are silly. They aren't going to change things drastically this far into the series, will you people ever learn.

#104 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

You're silly. You put a typo in your post! You put 'DS' instead of '3DS'!

The differences from one Pokemon game to another are always tiny, God know how a direct sequel will play out.

Why would they put it on the 3DS? You can't cash in on the exact same game again by having to make it for a whole new system.

#105 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

@Shadow: To reiterate on the first post, this is the first time they've used actual numbers for any of the games and they're calling it "a brand new adventure".

So let's at least wait and see what they're doing, before passing it off as another mere rehash/cash in :)

#106 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: They can call it whatever they want. Making a Pokemon game with the same engine, on the same hardware, with the same number of pokemon is a pretty obvious cash in on the game that sold well last year.

#107 Posted by echo13791 (61 posts) -

They still haven't officially stated that these games will be direct sequels to Black and White. This could just be a way of making more money by releasing two versions of "Grey." Check out my article.

http://ocdgaming.org/2012/02/26/pokemon-say-what/

#108 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I couldn't give less of a fuck.

#109 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

@Phatmac: then why waste your time posting then

#110 Posted by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

@bennym6 said:

For people wanting Pokemon to evolve in 2012 are silly. They aren't going to change things drastically this far into the series, will you people ever learn.

Are you saying they're removing evolution from this game? Pikachu forever!

#111 Posted by sungahymn (1006 posts) -

@bennym6 said:

@Phatmac: then why waste your time posting then

'Cause he doesn't want the guilt hanging over him that he didn't say just how much he doesn't give a eff.

That, or he wasn't thinking. Typing and a click of a mouse doesn't take much effort.

#112 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@bennym6: Just read this as I didn't know that they announced YET ANOTHER POKEMON GAME THAT IS BASICALLY THE SAME THING. Doesn't matter, same kids and weird old guys will buy this stuff and deem it okay. So yeah, just expressing how I feel about this and how low Pokemon has become.

#113 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

@AndrewB: haha

#114 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

@RobbleWobble said:

wow. Did not see this coming

Tell me about it. DS, not 3DS. Black 2 and White 2, not Pokemon Gray.

Also, is it just me, or do these Pokemon look extra weird and ugly. Worse than G3's Pokemon (The generation that made me say, "ok, you lost me").

Nintendo, what the hell are you doing?

#115 Posted by FoxMulder (1681 posts) -

Just played through Black last year after not playing Pokemon since grade school. Had a great 100 hours or so of it, thought I'm not sure I'll be playing the re-make version of it. Still interested to see what it turns out being!

#116 Edited by ThePhantomStranger (358 posts) -

Some sort of save import feature, a drastic change to the map, and a decent post game is probably the only thing that'll get me to consider this...

EDIT: That or the professor is swapped out for a seedot that gives you motivational advice and reminds you that "this is all happening for a reason"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.