Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White Version 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 07, 2012

The story of Pokémon Black/White continues in this direct sequel for the Nintendo DS system.

Which version of Pokemon are you buying: Black 2 or White 2?

• 53 results
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MideonNViscera

@M_Shini said:

Been meaning to get a pokemon game for my ds for some time, i haven't played one since the game boy versions, what's the difference between black and white, or even 1 or 2.

2 is a direct sequel to 1 storyline wise, and has way more Pokemon available to catch throughout the game. The differences between the colors, as far as I know, are a few Pokemon, White Forest and Black City, and difficulties unlocked after beating the story.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Sploder

I take it black, like my men.

Vaancor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Vaancor

@M_Shini said:

Been meaning to get a pokemon game for my ds for some time, i haven't played one since the game boy versions, what's the difference between black and white, or even 1 or 2.

As with Red and Blue, each version has a couple of exclusive wild pokemon, exclusive cover legendary (The guy on the box), and a few different area changes that are mostly cosmetic. Here's a chart to show the diffrences;

No Caption Provided

As mentioned before though, thanks to the GTS, if there's on or two you're looking for from the other version you can always post your version exclusive, come back a day later, and have a cute little (insert name here) waiting for you. The only real thing you should use to determine what version you get is the guy on the cover, which one of those would you rather have?

Regardless of what color you choose, make sure when you pick the sequel you go for the same color (Black -> Black 2, White -> White 2). They added a really neat data importing thing where the trainer you played as in Version 1 will have a big impact on Version 2, will be refereed to by name, and will have flashbacks to various things you did. Basically the you in 1 will be a legend in 2. Also, if you stick to the same color, you'll get access to the unavailable legend for your color (If you go Black you'll get the guy on the White cover)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.