Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

Global Trade System query.

dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dogman795

I have question that can most likely be solved by some simple internet searching, but i'm too lazy to do that.

When i go on to the GTS and look for a pokemon,  apart from the crazy people wanting Zekrom or Deoxys for one of the weakest pokemon in the game there are also a few reasonable ones, like "give me this version exclusive pokemon (like Solosis or whatever) because i have the other version". But the problem is, the pokemon being offered up are level 1. Is this because of breeding (i think eggs hatch into level 5s, but they may have changed that)? Or should i be worried that these are hacked pokemon? 
    I don't want any hacked pokemon in my game, i've never hacked a pokemon game before unless you count glitches in Red and Silver. So, anything else suspicious i could look for? Or is my best bet to cross my fingers and hit the "trade" button?
    DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DrFidget

Pokemon hatch at level 1. You should be more suspicious of high level offers.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By finstern

I hate that there are so many people putting up regular pokemon for level 9 Zekroms or whatever, should be a system in place where the game knows you cant have a zekrom below level 50.

I have to go through countries to find pokemon I want without crazy legendaries or evolved pokemon at level 1-9 being asked for.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Only suspicious level 1s are 'mon without genders, like Golett and legendaries. Everything else is fine. They're probably UT too.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DBrim

I've had some mixed experiences with the GTS.  I go in, trying to trade a tepig for another starter, and everybody wants level 100 mews or whatever.  That can really be better, the game should at least have some concept of "fair".  Then I decided to post the Tepig and see what would happen.  I woke up this morning with a Snivy, so that was kind of awesome.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By drac96

I haven't had any bad experiences when searching the GTS yet. I've gotten a Japanese Ditto, and a Zorua and they are both alright. The problem comes when trying to trade with random people. Almost every time I offer up something they show me about 4 or 5 shiny level 100 legendaries, which are clearly fake. I wish Nintendo had a better hack checking system, because as it is right now as long as they have legit stats they're allowed to be traded.

Also, the GTS won't let me trade Pokemon I transferred from Coliseum and XD. It has something to do with exclusive ribbons that this game can't display properly. booo
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By neoepoch

They tried to make it in this generation, that making impossible trades would not happen or show up, but I guess people have gamed that system to still ask for idiotic trades on GTS.

@GunslingerPanda said:

" Only suspicious level 1s are 'mon without genders, like Golett and legendaries. Everything else is fine. They're probably UT too. "

You can get level one non gendered pokemon. You breed with a ditto, and they lay eggs. That is how I have like....7 beldums without using the pokewalker.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @neoepoch said:
    "  @GunslingerPanda said:

" Only suspicious level 1s are 'mon without genders, like Golett and legendaries. Everything else is fine. They're probably UT too. "

You can get level one non gendered pokemon. You breed with a ditto, and they lay eggs. That is how I have like....7 beldums without using the pokewalker. "
    Oh, that's good to know. I didn't realise Ditto could reproduce with genderless 'Mon.

Shit, now I need to go breed an amazing Metagross.
    dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By dogman795

Thanks everyone. I just traded for the starters i didn't pick and now have all but 20 non-event pokemon in generation 5.  It's my goal to have at least one of all 649 pokemon in my copy of white!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard
    @DBrim said:
    " I've had some mixed experiences with the GTS.  I go in, trying to trade a tepig for another starter, and everybody wants level 100 mews or whatever.  That can really be better, the game should at least have some concept of "fair".  Then I decided to post the Tepig and see what would happen.  I woke up this morning with a Snivy, so that was kind of awesome. "
    With my experience from Diamond, it always has been easier with the GTS to just put the PKM you're offering up first and let someone else do the finding to search for a fair trade, than to actually search it out yourself. Also, I've never waited more than 3 days for a response so it seems the thing gets plenty of traffic. Is all goooooooood.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.