Grand Reveal!

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Source:  http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123337

Some of the information below is yet to be confirmed, so don't run with it as 100% until we get proof.

- Isshu Region
- protagonists are older than the protagonists from other Pokemon games
- Grass starter: Tsutaja - grass snake pokemon
- Fire starter, Pokabu - fire pig pokemon
- Water starter, Mijumaru - sea otter pokemon
- Zoroark as an ability called 'illusion' which allows him to transform into other Pokemon
- Trickery - allows attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats
- Claw Sharpen - raises user's attack and accuracy stats
- special movie event details: special battle against level 25 Zoroark will occur, which transforms into various Pokemon. It will eventually break transformation which allows for capture.

Thanks to all that sent this in!

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

How much older? Like...a month? lol 

#3 Posted by peritus (1061 posts) -

Looks cool + She will make for some good hentai. :>

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@peritus said:
" Looks cool + She will make for some good hentai. :>
"
If your into big hair. 

Wonder how many new pokemon they will add. 

And sadly..the fire pokemon looks like crap. Might go with grass this time. 
#5 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

christ that fuckin hair is huge

are they still supposed to be 10 or not, because what 10 year old wears that short of a skirt?

#6 Posted by peritus (1061 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 

The hotpants sold it for me, like misty :P
 And agreeing on the grass one, unless the evolutions turn out awesome.
#7 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Yeah that fire one looks quite odd... It is a bit like they just smoked some marijuana and it is not quite working out the same way for them. 

I hope that there being older main character that the story will be a bit more mature. Probably not but here is to hoping.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" Yeah that fire one looks quite odd... It is a bit like they just smoked some marijuana and it is not quite working out the same way for them.   I hope that there being older main character that the story will be a bit more mature. Probably not but here is to hoping. "
They do not look any older then any of the other characters. Maybe 5 months at the most.  

Unless they are well..left behind in their Pokemon class and leave after they are 10.. 

@peritus said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:   The hotpants sold it for me, like misty :P  And agreeing on the grass one, unless the evolutions turn out awesome. "
Ya I noticed the pants...chances are the next game will have her running around with three pieces of duct tape. And I all ways used fire pokemon. They where all ways awesome but now....
#9 Edited by peritus (1061 posts) -
@Rallier:

I wouldn't count on it, but it doesn't have to be, loved em all so far.
#10 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

The green one actually looks pretty badass, just as I figured it would. Might be the first gen i start with a grass pokemon instead of water >_>

#11 Posted by peritus (1061 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 

I could live with that, duct tape.
#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@peritus said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:   I could live with that, duct tape. "
O god..you know what this means.... 

A new pokemon T.V series. 
#13 Posted by peritus (1061 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 

Aww yeah!
#14 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@peritus said:

" @The_Laughing_Man:   Aww yeah! "

Grass starter: Tsutaja - grass snake pokemon     

Am I the only one who giggled at this? 
#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

"grand" reveal in Pokémon-terms: ZOMG IN TEH NEXT GAME SPRITES WILL HAVE 2 MORE FRAMEZ OF ANIMATION WE NEED TO GIVE JAPANESE CHILDREN 2 DAYS OFF FROM SCHJOOL

#16 Posted by Brendan (8027 posts) -

I never understoof the ages in Pokemon games, I mean, the starter characters always look way older then 10 years to me.
#17 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

Cant wait.  Im super excited.  This might be first Gen I start with Fire too.  Piggies are so cute.  :)

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19052 posts) -

The grass Pokemon looks really weird, but I'll get used to it.  Hopefully these games will be out early next year.

#19 Posted by DonChipotle (2811 posts) -

His name is Smugleaf and you don't want to fuck with him.

#20 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Hm...not sure which one of the three I'll choose to start with.

#21 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -

The main characters look pretty good. I really like the chick's hair. 

But those starters? Possibly the worst Pokemon designs I've ever seen. I'm not kidding. Those are worse than fucking Bidoof. Like, a lot worse than Bidoof. And Bidoof is... just look at him.

I'm in your DS, ruining your Pokemans.
#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

The grass type's a snake?  Looks more like a gecko, or something.

#23 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

My rule of thumb, the cutest starting pokemon will tend to be the most badass looking one by the final evolution.

#24 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: 

True, but they already had Treecko. They couldn't make it a slithering thing, because that would go against the whole "2 bipedal, one quadruped starters"  that occurs every generation.
#25 Posted by LackingSaint (1849 posts) -

Grass starter is pretty awesome. Water and Fire are god-awful.

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Apathylad: Yeah... but I there are already 4 different "snake" Pokemon.  And this one has legs, which makes no sense for what it's supposed to be.
#27 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Apathylad: Yeah... but I there are already 4 different "snake" Pokemon.  And this one has legs, which makes no sense for what it's supposed to be. "
If my memory serves me correctly, scientist have actually found a fossil of a snake with legs.
#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Icemael: Well, this ain't no rock type!
#29 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: no duder they are like almost 17, so you can guarantee this one will be rated m with intense poke trainer "workouts" in it/
#30 Posted by Blair (2525 posts) -

I'm excited just because it's Pokémon.  These new starters are quite disappointing.  I'll go with the Grass starter for the first time ever, I suppose.

#31 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Can't wait to see the final evolution of my fire pig!

#32 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12006 posts) -

I'm still not sold. Until they make fundamental changes to the formula or include solid gold bricks with every purchase, I won't be buying the next game at full price.

#33 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

Mhmm, penis pokemon
#34 Posted by Capum15 (4966 posts) -

...those Starters look...

...Grass one looks the best...fire pig...eh, weird water thingy...is okay. Wonder what the evolutions are, and if they look better...

I mean, at least before all the starters looked pretty good.

Even still, looks interesting.

#35 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Not digging the designs, but I like the fire-type the most.

Is that a Fire/Dark and Grass/Psychic?

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Ariketh: Not sure where you're getting the psychic vibe from the grass type, but it very well could be.
#37 Posted by StarFoxA (5162 posts) -

I typically try to pick the fire Pokémon... but seriously? Fire Pig?

No. Just no.

#38 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:

" I typically try to pick the fire Pokémon... but seriously? Fire Pig?  No. Just no. "

It'll most likely look badass in its 3rd evolution, though.
#39 Edited by rez_down (6 posts) -
@Apathylad: and if they have a system to the quadpedal: Its Grass, Fire, Water, Grass, Fire, Water, etc...

Gen 1: Bulbasaur - Grass
Gen 2: Cyndaquil - Fire
Gen 3: Mudkipz - Water
Gen 4: Turtwig - Grass
Gen 5: Fire Pig - Fire
#40 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -
@rez_down: 
I'd actually argue that Cyndaquil is bipedal, at least when standing still, compared to Chikorita:

#41 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @Ariketh: Not sure where you're getting the psychic vibe from the grass type, but it very well could be. "

The stylish yellow shoulder flairs make me think that is may be Psychic-related.

Why isn't the pig called Pokubu? Pokabu doesn't make sense to me, unless they are trying to say something like "fail-oink" (referring to Poka-Yoke, which means fail-proof). Or maybe they are referring to Polka...? Poku makes sense, because Pooku (ポーク) means pork, and buu is the Japanese version of oink.

Mijumaru might mean something like (Miju) Young/Raw/Immature/Inexperienced/Notice and (Maru) Ball/Circle. So one could go as far as you say the name means "Raw Ball." Haha.

Tsutaaja... Tsu might refer to the flair on it's shoulder, and Jatai is the body of a snake. If you flip the letters, it becomes itaja, or Taija, which could easily become Taaja.

These might seem like stretches to you, but they don't seem that far off to me. Keep in mind, I got paid to play around with words before while I lived in Japan - and it was for a game company as well ( Kemco).

Edit: Alright, REAL info on the names. Source

• Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokemon, its ability is Overgrow, it is 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 8.1 kg (17.9 lbs). "Tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake."
  • Pokabu (ポカブ) is the Fire Pig Pokemon, its ability is Blaze, it stands 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 9.9 kg (21.9 lbs). The name derives from "pokapoka," which means "warm" in Japanese, and "bu," the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink").
  • Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokemon, its ability is Torrent, it is 0.5 m (1.6 ft) tall, and it weighs 5.9 kg (13 lbs). "Mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."
#42 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

Fire Pig for the win! I really want to see the evolutions for these things...

#43 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Better scans are up.

#44 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Those in town screenshots look great i must say.

#45 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1876 posts) -

nice, this is looking better than i thought... and im quite happy im not playing as someone half my age anymore.

#46 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

so the starting pokemon are a pig a rat and a retarded cat? awesome

#47 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -
@Ryax said:

" so the starting pokemon are a pig a rat and a retarded cat? awesome "

Pig, Snake, retarded Otter, actually. Though why the snake has legs, I dunno, but they call him a snake, so... He is based off the grass snake.

"The Grass Snake is typically dark green or brown in colour with a characteristic yellow collar behind the head"

I am guessing someone from Europe wrote that description.

@JJOR64

said:

" The grass Pokemon looks really weird, but I'll get used to it.  Hopefully these games will be out early next year. "

Wait...you have a problem with the grass starter?

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Rallier said:

" Yeah that fire one looks quite odd... It is a bit like they just smoked some marijuana and it is not quite working out the same way for them.   I hope that there being older main character that the story will be a bit more mature. Probably not but here is to hoping. "
They do not look any older then any of the other characters. Maybe 5 months at the most.  

Unless they are well..left behind in their Pokemon class and leave after they are 10.. 

They are suppose to be teenagers.

I would imagine they would explain it along the lines of it being a different culture, therefore, a different starting age. It is suppose to be located very far from the previous games in terms of location.
#48 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

I'm no hairdresser but female protagonist's hair looks impossible.

#49 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

First time where I probably won't pick the water starter, unless his evolutions are really cool.  I'm not someone who believes the Pokemon are getting worse, but I really don't like the otters design.  The snake and pig are great though.  Although I also really dislike the female trainer design..  I am pleased we're getting slightly older characters, but hopefully the story has been tweaked as well.

#50 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

" I'm no hairdresser but female protagonist's hair looks impossible. "

I dunno... I could see it. It doesn't look that strange to me. Have you ever pulled a ponytail through a cap? Plus, wearing a high ponytail, rather than a low ponytail, reduces the among of tangles you get. My girlfriend used to wears her hair in a similar fashion on occasion when it was super long. By similar fashion, I mean the high ponytail.

@WinterSnowblind

said:

" First time where I probably won't pick the water starter, unless his evolutions are really cool.  I'm not someone who believes the Pokemon are getting worse, but I really don't like the otters design.  The snake and pig are great though.  Although I also really dislike the female trainer design..  I am pleased we're getting slightly older characters, but hopefully the story has been tweaked as well. "

I was watching some random Pokemon episodes not too long ago, trying to catch up on the story or whatever (I wanted to see Gary's Pokemon), and I saw one episode where they actually "killed" some people. Some Pokemon destroyed some evil lady's ship that crashed into a lake, and some guy...got swallowed up by another universe...maybe...? Of course, I could be taking this totally out of context, but if I am, don't tell me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.