I got that virus spreadin yo!

#1 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -

So I have the pokerus...yeah the almighty pokerus runnin' through my veins lol actually I have quite a few pokemon with it and wanted to share it with you all through some trading action if you are into it...just cause I'm a nice guy haha, anyways if you guys don't know it's significance I suggest hitting up serebii and understanding what EV's are if you are at all into the competitive scene and want to do things legit it's a cool little thing, ANYWAYS just letting my fellow bombers know :) 

Milk Man OUT!

#2 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

ta fuck?

#3 Posted by BlueStriped (100 posts) -
@CoheedFavorHouse said:
" ta fuck? "
#4 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Give me pokerus now please. 

#5 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -
@Raggy said:
" @CoheedFavorHouse said:
" ta fuck? "
"
google works wonders guys lol 
@keyhunter: what version do you have sir? 
#6 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan said:
" @Raggy said:
" @CoheedFavorHouse said:
" ta fuck? "
"
google works wonders guys lol 
@keyhunter: what version do you have sir?  "
Blackonblackonblackonblackonblack
On black.
#7 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -
@keyhunter:  ayo you got that vullaby?
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

I've had it for a while.  One of my Pokemon in Diamond got it.

#9 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan: I've got one.
#10 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I don't really like the Pokerus for EV training. It makes it faster, but harder to control. because I can't count exact EVs unless I know a pokemon does/doesn't have the pokerus. 

Recently it screwed up my Houndour's EVs in SoulSilver, because I didn't know I had the Pokerus, and thus lost a stat point because I maxed out speed/sp. atk EVs. 

EDIT: it's also going to be a hassle for leveling Larvitar, which I plan on splitting stats 3 ways for.

#11 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -

It is difficult to read your post.

#12 Edited by Bollard (5423 posts) -

I've had PKRS on some of my Pokemon for ages now, I think I originally got it in Sapphire and was liek WTF, but yeah I have been bringing those pokemon forward each generation since, and I still don't particularly see the point. (I don't understand EVs and I'm pretty sure I don't want to).

Also, how do you spread it?

#13 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -
@example1013: you can just look in the summary of your pokemon to see if they have it, and it just multiplies the EV's by two...it's not as complicated as you think 
@Chavtheworld: you spread it by making the pokemon with it be the first in your party and by fighting about 5 pokemon it'll spread to your next pokemon in the party...and so on, so it's not too tough to do.
#14 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan: I didn't know where to find it before, so the complicated part was figuring out whether I had it or not. Thanks for the tip, that should definitely help me.
#15 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -
@example1013: yeah no problem, also (and this may be less helpful) if you get it and you go to a pokecenter the nurse will say your pokemon has the virus, by that time it might be too late though.
#16 Posted by Bollard (5423 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan said:
" @example1013: yeah no problem, also (and this may be less helpful) if you get it and you go to a pokecenter the nurse will say your pokemon has the virus, by that time it might be too late though. "
That's how I found I had it. Also thanks for explaining how it spreads.
#17 Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba (105 posts) -
@example1013 said:
" I don't really like the Pokerus for EV training. It makes it faster, but harder to control. because I can't count exact EVs unless I know a pokemon does/doesn't have the pokerus.  Recently it screwed up my Houndour's EVs in SoulSilver, because I didn't know I had the Pokerus, and thus lost a stat point because I maxed out speed/sp. atk EVs.  EDIT: it's also going to be a hassle for leveling Larvitar, which I plan on splitting stats 3 ways for. "
Dude seriously that is the most pathetic complaint I've ever heard. 

If you're EV training, you're going to make damn well sure your pokemon has Pokerus in the first place before you even begin. There is no way to "lose count" unless you've failed elementary math and still never passed. 

It's as simple as this : 
- Intentionally infect the pokemon you want to EV train before EV training it 
- EV train it, knowing that Pokerus Doubles the amount of EVs you earn. 

Not that hard, for example fight 25 Magikarp while infected w/ Pokerus and holding the Power Anklet and you know you have 250 EVs, fight one more Magikarp without the Power Anklet and now you have 252 Speed EVs.
#18 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@Mikazukinoyaiba: Well it turns out that I didn't have the pokerus, so apparently I just can't count is all. Or I should stop EV training when I'm tired, because that's usually when I start forgetting to mark down battles.
#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -

PKRS is the steroids of Pokemon, NO DOPING! JUST SAY NO!

#20 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4700 posts) -

@ThaMilkMan: Anything in particular you're looking for in exchange for a disease-ridden 'mon? Don't care who's carrying it, even a Patrat will do.

#21 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda: if you gots a vullaby then i am down!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.