Just in case you didn't know, Mewtwo is available for download.

#1 Posted by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

I haven't seen a topic for this so I wanted to inform everyone before it's too late. Mewtwo is available as a Mystery Gift on Pokemon Black/White.

The promotion started almost a week ago to celebrate something related to the TCG. However! It isn't too late to get Mewtwo since this promotion ends on the 26th of this month.

To download Mewtwo, just boot up your game. After making sure you're connected to the internet, go to Mystery Gift and then 'Recieve Gift'. Get it via Nintendo WFC and it will search for the gift. Once you see "Mewtwo Returns" just press A and you download Mewtwo!

You'll receive him in-game through a deliveryman in all the Pokemon Centers, and he's all yours. He starts at level 75.

Here's my source btw: http://www.destructoid.com/psa-get-mewtwo-for-pok-mon-white-and-black-221305.phtml

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

If ever there was a better way to turn half the forumites into crotchety old men...

#3 Posted by drowsap (701 posts) -

thanks I forgot all about that

#4 Posted by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

If ever there was a better way to turn half the forumites into crotchety old men...

I'm guessing they love Pokemon back in the "good ol days" of 151 Pokemon and that's that?

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, downing now!

#6 Posted by Bollard (6523 posts) -

Cheers. But I totally forgot I already had a Mewtwo. Now I have two. Mewfour~?

#7 Posted by M_33 (531 posts) -

I already have two. One more wouldn't hurt!

#8 Posted by AlisterCat (6208 posts) -

I haven't touched it in so long. Good excuse to boot it up.

Online
#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

Mewtwo? That is awesome, what moves does he come with?

#10 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1304 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

If ever there was a better way to turn half the forumites into crotchety old men...

I'm guessing they love Pokemon back in the "good ol days" of 151 Pokemon and that's that?

Good old days of 150 not 151 son... They dont care bout that mewtwo hes not even a real pokemon.

You don't know what a chicken chute is get off my farm.

#11 Posted by Deranged (1944 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

If ever there was a better way to turn half the forumites into crotchety old men...

I'm guessing they love Pokemon back in the "good ol days" of 151 Pokemon and that's that?

How do the new Pokemon games hold up to the Originals back on the Gameboy Colour/SP? (Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold)

#12 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: The only unique move is Electro Ball. Other than that, Psystrike, Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere.

#13 Posted by drac96 (748 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear: I'm just throwing this out there, but Mewtwo is 150 and Mew is 151.

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: The only unique move is Electro Ball. Other than that, Psystrike, Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere.

Yeah, just downloaded him, er it. Turns out Mewtwo lacks a gender. He has great varied moves and killer stats.

#15 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -

@drac96 said:

@MasturbatingestBear: I'm just throwing this out there, but Mewtwo is 150 and Mew is 151.

Which is pretty funky when you think of it because Mew would have to have been discovered before Mewtwo

But yeah, there were always 151 Pokémon. At least, I'm fairly sure people were aware Mew was in the game before it got localized.

#16 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1304 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

@drac96 said:

@MasturbatingestBear: I'm just throwing this out there, but Mewtwo is 150 and Mew is 151.

Which is pretty funky when you think of it because Mew would have to have been discovered before Mewtwo

But yeah, there were always 151 Pokémon. At least, I'm fairly sure people were aware Mew was in the game before it got localized.

I was just trying to mock those people but I guess I was wrong anyway. Which is crazy.

#17 Edited by Contrarian (1206 posts) -

It just fails for me ..... I have no idea what is going wrong, unless this is a US thing, not Australia.

Edit: Oh wait, repeated attempts may result in success. Thanks for the heads up.

#18 Posted by Bigheart711 (1272 posts) -

I got him this week already! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.