Pokémon B/W: Strategy

#1 Edited by TimesHero (661 posts) -

So last week, 2 friends and I got into a discussion about the good ol' days and how awesome we were at Pokémon. Long story short we now have to prove it. I got black, along with a friend of mine, and the 3rd got white. We each chose the 3 different starters are not banning legendaries, and are not trading with anyone but ourselves.

With one week to go, I've got:

X-Scissor is to counter a grass, and Hidden Power to counter Electric. I'm thinking of throwing an Ice-beam in there or something to perhaps take care of the dragons.

X-Scissor is to counter a grass, and Hidden Power to counter Electric. I'm thinking of throwing an Ice-beam in there or something to perhaps take care of the dragons.

Any other ideas?

Feel free to post your teams/experiences etc.

#2 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
  • Get Garchomp
  • Give him a Yache berry
  • Enjoy your friend's tears as he 1 to 2 shots everything

Though in your rule-set I am not entirely sure if it is possible for you to acquire one, but I can't really remember anymore.

#3 Posted by TimesHero (661 posts) -

@Zenaxzd: Being that I'm the only one who could Poké Transfer, I'm fairly convinced, being outnumbered 2-1 they wouldn't let me. ;_:

#4 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

The inner competitive battler in me wants to completely rework your team but I assume you guys aren't EV training or anything so the one thing I will say is you should check your Samurott's attack vs special attack and change some things around. If he has higher special attack you should consider giving him Grass Knot if you can find it and dropping razor shell for it. If he has higher attack you should consider dropping surf for waterfall or aqua tail and then razor shell for aqua jet.

He would pull off a lot more damage that way with very little effort. Also perhaps consider giving him an expert belt if you can find one since he will have fairly strong type coverage.

#5 Edited by TimesHero (661 posts) -

@Zenaxzd: Does maxing out on Protein, calcium, etc count? Because I did that around lvl 60 and can't give more of anything.

#6 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Those get you halfway there, I don't really want to explain much since it'd put you at a massive advantage over your friends and where is the fun in that? But if you're ever curious the gamefaqs sticky is an amazing resource for any and all Pokemon related things. On another note I was looking through your moves again and you should get rid of fly on Reshiram and replace it with something else, it's a pretty bad attack all things considered. His move-pool is large enough you should be able to pick something else that would be a good fit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.