Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

Quick Question...

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

(Sorry if this has been covered in another topic. I did a search though :P)

Soooo, my friend from Canada is studying in the UK, and wants to know if the UK/Pal/whatever version will play on her Canadian DS Lite, as she's seen some stuff about it being region locked (specifically on the DSi).

Also, she won't believe me that it's not a 3DS game. I am right aren't I? Just remember thinking it was weird they were releasing it near the 3DS launch :S Heard from someone though that it would have additional features on the 3DS though...

Anyways, thanks in advance! :)

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

The DS is not region blocked, as far as I'm concerned.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

DS games aren't region locked, so yes, a UK version of Pokemon Black/White will work fine in a Canadian DS.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

But if I'm not mistaken, WiFi events are locked to the region of the cartridge. It won't be a problem with a UK game, though, as events in Europe are usually pretty close to North American ones.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle
    @JoeyRavn said:
    " But if I'm not mistaken, WiFi events are locked to the region of the cartridge. It won't be a problem with a UK game, though, as events in Europe are usually pretty close to North American ones. "

So, she'd have to look out for the European wifi events when she was in Canada? Or will it 'realise' she's in Canada, and therefore she wouldn't be able to get any? :S
    dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By dogman795
    @MegaMetaTurtle: I'm fairly certain, someone correct me if i'm wrong, that the game will simply use the "magic of the internet" to get her the UK stuff, but not the America/Canada stuff. Which means any events that she has to be there in person for may not work unless she flies to the UK to do them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.