Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

So I bought a used Pokemon White at Gamestop

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strangestories

Quite a find. I'm still going through them all but there's a shiny Mewtwo, Celebi, Tyranitar, Manaphy, Shaymin, Toxicroak, Metagross, Ho-Oh, Arceus, Nuzleaf, Mightyena, and Wailord. Not sure if any of the others are yet. Anyone else been this lucky?

EDIT: There are Pokemon from at least 10 different people. Not sure if that makes the cheating thing less likely.
    EDIT 2: Shiny legendaries are fake. Shiny Regulars are real. Mew is fake, the rest of the legendaries are real. A few have non-spreadable pokerus.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd say they probably used a game shark for those, I think you can check in the pokemon ID or whatever thing.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I don't think it's lucky. They're almost certainly hacked. If you have a flashcart you can create any pokemon with any properties from scratch. It makes the global trading worthless.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I figured. Their stats actually haven't been altered, though, so I'm happy.

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deathdealer108

Pretty nice collection there. The only games I've bought used with past saves were things like JRPGs and puzzle games. I remember recently deleting someones 70 hours save in Might and Magic Clash of Heroes. I know they sold the game and didn't care but I almost felt bad deleting it. What is going to be the fate of these Pokemon? Going to mess around with them or delete em?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Any of them have cool or silly names?

I'd say that's one of the best things with any used game like this. It's seeing the silly or personal names people have put in the game.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That almost looks like my copy except I don't have as many duplicates and all of mine are legit because I've been transferring pokemon to the next game since Blue version.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strangestories

@deathdealer108: I already had Black and got White just so I could get Braviary and Misdreavus and see what White Forest was like so this wasn't really expected...I'm not sure. Since their stats haven't been altered I'll keep them but probably not use them. I'm not totally convinced they cheated to get them because all the pokemon came from at least 10 different people. If there's a way to be sure that they cheated, let me know.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strangestories

@truthtellah: Regirock seems to be from a japanese version of the game but besides that, nope.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not legit. It's VERY easy to "hack" Pokemon now.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Metagross. What the fuck happened to Pokemon, man? What happened to names like Geodude, y'know the good ones.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By DeeGee

They are absolutely hacked. Shiny Celebi? No chance that's legit.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

They are definitely hacked in some fashion because that number of 'legit' shiny legendaries is astronomically impossible. Even by trading there is no way that pretty much anyone would give up a legit shiny legend. So the question is how it was hacked You can check the trainer ids for Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, and Arcues here: http://serebii.net/events/ . They were only given at events so if the ids don't match an event they were definitely hacked.

Next you could use Pokecheck.org which is a bit of process but it will show if your pokemon are badly hacked or indistinguishable from legit. If they pass that test then they were either Pokegen'd, Sharked, or RNG Abused. If they are shiny pokemon and don't have perfect ivs then they were pokegen'd or sharked which are traditional hacks.

RNG Abuse is more 'legit' it abuses the games random number generator to make sure the pokemon you encounter have perfect ivs and are shiny. The reason why they always have perfect ivs is because the effort required to shiny is enough that you might as well go for perfect ivs as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah no way those are legitimate. It's so ridiculously easy now to cheat with apps and websites that let you get any Pokemon you want.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryuku_ryosake: yeah so I did some checking and all the legendary shinies are hacked but the non-legendary shinies seem legitimate so I have a sweet shiny metagross now. Mew is hacked too but it seems that every other normal legendary is fine. In the end, not as impressive as I was hoping but hey! I now have every legendary except for mew and Ho-Oh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.