Time for a second play through.

#1 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

So i NAILED the game. Started with 'Smugleaf' and learned about the new pokemon, where the items are, blah blah blah. 

Iv always felt like i need a few playthroughs before i can really get settled into pokemon games after the elite 4.

Anyone else feel like this or am i just being a weirdo? :P

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

I can barely sit through one playthrough of the game, let alone two. I burned out after 5 badges. 

#3 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

quick question aswell... 

iv never had an event pokemon before victini. Will i be able to get it again in my new playthrough?

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

There's nothing wrong with that.

I've been playing in small doses, so I won't be finishing anytime soon.

#5 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

The only time I've replayed a pokemon game was playing red, then playing blue. Other then that I haven't go through them again. But fuck it man, if you want to roll through again go for it, You'll have fun and get more bang for your buck. 

#6 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -
@IIChristian89II: I believe it is a one time event, so no.
#7 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

This time, play it with the Nuzlocke ruleset

#8 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

The only Pokemon games that I've replayed are the GSC series. I've always tried to do another RSE run, but I always fizz out right before Winona, despite her being my favourite gym leader in Hoenn. RBY I've only played through once, and I know that's heresy to many Pokemon fans. DPP I thought just sucked too much. I stopped before the 7th gym in my first Diamond run. I'm really doubting whether I should get BW or not, knowing that I'll probably never finish it.

Put it this way, I've played GSC itself 4 times due to the battery issues. I've played HGSS twice for no real reason.

#9 Edited by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I played it up to the 5th badge and stopped. 

Probably got burned due to doing it in one day. 

And I'm sure my brain didn't want to have to memorize any more pokemon, since I know all of the ones in generation 1-4, not in order though, that would be insane.

#10 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Aw man, I thought you were going to say that this game had multiple game saves. I was gonna be like whaaaat.

#11 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I replayed pokemon blue a ton and pokemon silver a ton. Now there is so many pokemon out there to catch and the ability to breed your perfect team I usually just have one bigger playthrough now.

#12 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (321 posts) -

I started out strong with this game, then got to the electric gym leader and just went bananas.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -
@Ezekeilpurger said:
" I started out strong with this game, then got to the electric gym leader and just went bananas. "
I got stuck on her for a bit. The I realized the Emolgas would get raped by the fire starter's rock attack, and it was super easy. 
#14 Posted by BradBrains (949 posts) -

if you count playing crystal then playing soul silver as a replay then yes,  

i played through blue when it came out dont remember replaying it but hell it was like over 12 years ago now. fuck makes me feel old. never played any other games though am going through black now. only 3 badges. now burned out but i havent played it for the past couple days

#15 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4733 posts) -
@IIChristian89II said:
" quick question aswell...  iv never had an event pokemon before victini. Will i be able to get it again in my new playthrough? "
Just do the Mystery Gift thing again. I got two Liberty Passes on my game.
#16 Posted by eccentrix (1550 posts) -

When people say there's no old pokemon in the first playthrough, do they mean until you complete the game once or until you start a new game, regardless of completion?

#17 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@eccentrix:  Basically there are no old pokemon until you beat the elite 4 the 1st time. Once they are beaten, the flood gates open and all possible pokemon are unleashed into the wild.
#18 Posted by eccentrix (1550 posts) -
@babblinmule:  Okay, thanks.
#19 Posted by ThaMilkMan (346 posts) -

I'm thinking about buying black (I've played and beat white) and playing by Professor Oak rules, if your pokemon faints you release it into the wild permanently...I'm up for the challenge I think lol

#20 Posted by Soap (3589 posts) -

I've played most of them multiple times, but I usually wait a few months before I do it though, usually because I get a bit weird about deleting all my pokes and starting again D:

#21 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I just finished my third playthrough. I'm crazy.

#22 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

It's all about having a 300 hour playthrough. That's how I roll anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.