Would someone be willing to trade me a Celebi?

#1 Edited by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

Hi guys, this might not be the place to request this but I was wondering if someone would be willing to trade me a Celebi so that I could catch a Zorua. I will trade it back to you once I have it but I have no way of catching a Zorua other than getting a Celebi. I am not a fan of Nintendo locking people out from obtaining all the pokemon in their games but what can you do. Anybody that can help would be greatly appreciated 

edit: my friend code is 2021 9015 2637

#2 Posted by Sekoku (84 posts) -

You can't simply do Project Pokemon .pkm files and then sndpkm.py to Silver/Gold/Diamond/Pearl/Plat and then send it to Black/White later?

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

It isn't a trade that triggers it, it has to be a transfer. 

Links.

#4 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@Sekoku some of us dont own two ds's :(
#5 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" It isn't a trade that triggers it, it has to be a transfer. 

Links. "
that's stupid. Who in their right mind owns 2 DS's. What is the need for 2 of them other than this rare instance
#6 Posted by Sekoku (84 posts) -
@VicRattlehead: uh... sndpkm.py doesn't require two DS's. Just a DS and a router. Have you seen/heard about it before?
#7 Posted by ThaMilkMan (346 posts) -

I do have an extra celebi...sadly I guess I can't do anything for you, if the above comments are true.

#8 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan said:
" I do have an extra celebi...sadly I guess I can't do anything for you, if the above comments are true. "
you could still trade it to me and I could trade it to my friend then transfer i guess lol. No worries if not but i would be grateful if possible
#9 Posted by ThaMilkMan (346 posts) -

I could quite possibly do that, how far are you in the game currently...wanna see if i can get something good lol

#10 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

The transfer just has to occur in Gen IV, I believe. So I'm pretty sure if you trade Celebi from a Gen IV to a Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V it should work.

#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@example1013 said:
" The transfer just has to occur in Gen IV, I believe. So I'm pretty sure if you trade Celebi from a Gen IV to a Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V it should work. "
If you transfer the actual Pokemon it won't trigger the event.
#12 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @example1013 said:
" The transfer just has to occur in Gen IV, I believe. So I'm pretty sure if you trade Celebi from a Gen IV to a Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V it should work. "
If you transfer the actual Pokemon it won't trigger the event. "
Nintendo has thwarted me again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.