Possibility for a Quick Look?

#1 Posted by XTraFries (208 posts) -

I just heard about this game for the first time and it seems pretty interesting. It seems to be a Final Fantasy Tactics-inspired turn based RPG but...with pokemon.

Sounds pretty rad to me.

With new releases being pretty slim and this looking kind of cool, here's hoping someone takes a look at it.

#2 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

I hope their is one, cause this game seems damn insane.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

There's always a possibility.

#4 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

this game sounds cool from the commercial.

building a army of pokemon to conquer the world

#5 Posted by Brendan (7513 posts) -

They should do a Quick Look, just so that we can hear Ryan say "Pokemaans".

#6 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

Gentlemen, they can Quick Look the game. They have the technology.

#7 Posted by Hunter5024 (5173 posts) -

I have a feeling they'll skip this one. Have they even done a DS quick look since they switched offices?

#8 Posted by xyzygy (9624 posts) -

I really hope so. I am extremely interested in this game!

#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

Still don't get why this wasn't a 3DS game. Way to commit, Nintendo. It was acceptable when you considered the Gameboy Advance a "3rd pillar" but you can't be shitting me and saying that two of Nintendo's "pillars" are DSes.

#10 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

I would love to see a QL of this as well.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Still don't get why this wasn't a 3DS game. Way to commit, Nintendo. It was acceptable when you considered the Gameboy Advance a "3rd pillar" but you can't be shitting me and saying that two of Nintendo's "pillars" are DSes.

The game can be played on a 3DS. It's not that big of a deal. Hell, Devil Survivor 2 came out for the DS after Devil Survivor Overclocked was released on the 3DS.

Also, technically the game was developed by Tecmo Koei, not Nintendo.

@Hunter5024 said:

I have a feeling they'll skip this one. Have they even done a DS quick look since they switched offices?

They did a 3DS Quick Look of Kid Icarus. They should have the equipment set up to do a Quick Look of this game.

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5173 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

They did a 3DS Quick Look of Kid Icarus. They should have the equipment set up to do a Quick Look of this game.

Oh sweet. I still don't think this game is within their general wheelhouse, but at least we know we won't go without one because of technical difficulties.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

@Hailinel: I know it can be played on it, but this two steps forward, one step back approach doesn't exactly help the 3DS reach a larger audience. It's just happening a little too often for comfort.

Anyway, DS games look like ass on a 3DS, so it's time to whip out the ol' XL.

#14 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Hailinel: I know it can be played on it, but this two steps forward, one step back approach doesn't exactly help the 3DS reach a larger audience. It's just happening a little too often for comfort.

It's not about helping the 3DS reach a wider audience in this case. It's reaching Pokemon's target demographic; most of whom still have DSes and have yet to upgrade.

#15 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Im seriously considering a purchase for this and would absolutely love to see a quick look for this.

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@MikkaQ said:

It's not about helping the 3DS reach a wider audience in this case. It's reaching Pokemon's target demographic; most of whom still have DSes and have yet to upgrade.

Yeah I don't really care about those people. I just want to see this stupid red brick I bought get something to do other than sit in it's dock.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Hailinel said:

@MikkaQ said:

Yeah I don't really care about those people. I just want to see this stupid red brick I bought get something to do other than sit in it's dock.

I have plenty of suggestions for you if you're really that hard up on finding something.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5173 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Hailinel said:

@MikkaQ said:

You can play Pokemon Conquest on it...

#19 Edited by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

@Hunter5024: Yeah but I got a XL for that. Right tools for the job and all that.

@Hailinel: Well I've been following new releases and there hasn't been anything that jumped out at me. All the gems seem to be on the E-Shop oddly enough.

Anyway! Yeah I want a quicklook of this. Jeez, took me long enough to say.

#20 Posted by Pazy (2553 posts) -

I really wish it was on 3DS but Pokemon is cool and I like strategy RPG's so golden!

#21 Posted by XTraFries (208 posts) -

Glad I'm not the only one interested in this crazy thing.

Hopefully they bring it up on Mondays and our desire for Pokemans will be met

#22 Posted by vikingdeath1 (902 posts) -

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL...... right guys?

#23 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

This game is the greatest thing ever. The Japanese Warriors EVOLVE!

#24 Posted by bleg38 (18 posts) -

This looked so delightfully weird that I snagged it today out of sheer morbid curiosity. I've heard that it's surprisingly good. I still would like to see a quicklook. Make it happen, Giant Bomb.

#25 Posted by Grillbar (1773 posts) -

wait do they even got the equipment for capturing it yet cant remember

#26 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -

The Giant Bomb guys aren't exactly Pokemon experts, so I don't know about that.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

They do. It's the Vita capture equipment that they're waiting on.

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

It wouldn't be the first Pokemon game that they've given a Quick Look.

#28 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -
@Hailinel said: 

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

It wouldn't be the first Pokemon game that they've given a Quick Look.

That is true.
#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9377 posts) -

Zero chance of it getting a Quick Look. Absolutely no way.

#30 Posted by Grillbar (1773 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Grillbar said:

well diddent know if they got that gear with em when they move to cbs, since they returned a lot back and had to buy a lot of new stuff

#31 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

@Hailinel said:

@Grillbar said:

well diddent know if they got that gear with em when they move to cbs, since they returned a lot back and had to buy a lot of new stuff

They've actually done at least one DS/3DS quick look since moving to the new office (Kid Icarus).

#32 Posted by MONOLITHIC_ERECTION (9 posts) -

@Hailinel: It's not about reaching their target demographics, the entire reason this is a strategy game is to get people other than those who play Pokemon regularly into the Pokemon franchise. They are releasing it on the DS so it reaches a wider audience, although I know the 3DS is still selling really well in Japan. It might have even just been in development all this time, and was going to be released for the DS regardless, over the 3DS.

#33 Posted by Blind_Evil (305 posts) -

I'd bet it gets a QL, they talked about it during ILM. Also, it's a pretty neat game. I've been playing since yesterday.

#34 Posted by kerse (2039 posts) -

Anyone play it yet? Is it as good as I hope it is?

#35 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (538 posts) -

it broke my heart when ryan yelled "pokemon conquest" while everybody else stayed on the same subject last podcast, to the point where the game was just skipped entirely in any further mention. I knew they weren't going to quick look this game then. A shame; I really wanted to see a giant bomb take on this thing.

#36 Posted by AxleBro (786 posts) -

they have a copy, why wont they play this stupid game for my amusement!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.