Will this ever come to the UK?

#1 Posted by Clairabel (160 posts) -

I've checked all major retailers here in the UK, and nowhere seems to be stocking it. I even went into GAME to see if they had a release date for it and they didn't have a clue.

Any ideas?

#2 Posted by Gill (134 posts) -

As far as I've seen, it's only confirmed for North America and Australia with no mention of the UK anywhere. If you're feeling impatient, I'd look into importing.

#3 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

I knew it was coming to Australia, so I assumed it would go to the UK. That is quite unusual. I suppose we only need a single language down here, so all those European languages could slow it up. I would be certain that it would get a European release at some time, it is Pokemon after all. But still, an import from Australia wouldn't be that hard I imagine.

#4 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Not even a whisper about an EU release. And I've looked into importing from australia but can't find anywhere to do so. Sucks.

#5 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

If it comes here then I want it!

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Why would they release it in Australia but not Europe even though they are both PAL. Weird.

#7 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

It'll probably come to EU eventually, people are forgetting about the multiple languages.

#8 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Why would they release it in Australia but not Europe even though they are both PAL. Weird.

This:

@Contrarian said:

I suppose we only need a single language down here, so all those European languages could slow it up.

@emergency said:

It'll probably come to EU eventually, people are forgetting about the multiple languages.

#9 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Is the 3DS region free, you could probably import it.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24818 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Is the 3DS region free, you could probably import it.

3DS games are region locked, but DS games are not. I'm not sure what would happen if a DS game from one region were played in the 3DS of another.

#11 Posted by Clairabel (160 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

That's basically what I thought.

#12 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Maystack said:

Not even a whisper about an EU release. And I've looked into importing from australia but can't find anywhere to do so. Sucks.

Here. (Canadian version)

#13 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: That's where I usually import from, but because the game's DSi enchanced, it will only play on a 3DS of the same region. It would play on my old DS, but that's falling apart and is totally not fun to play on.

#14 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -
#15 Posted by Clairabel (160 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.