Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Emerald

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 16, 2004

Pokemon Emerald is set in the land of Hoenn and is the remix of Ruby/Sapphire.

How does this game do against the other games?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

This is the only main Pokemon game that I never played, the 3rd generation. I have played the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th and enjoyed them all. It's quite cheap and was wondering is it worth getting?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

3rd generation is probably the one I sunk the most hours into- then again, I was 13, and traveling around the world with my family, in a very unique situation where I didn't have any consoles for like 3 years... I remember those games being awesome, I've still got.all 3 versions around here somewhere.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

The dude also is throwing in Pokemon Fire Red for free, which I have also never played before, so I'm getting it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

At the time the weather effects were incredible. Sometimes it would rain. It's the game I remember the least about (well, I played Ruby). If you want to play a Pokemon game that you haven't played before then go for it.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

In my opinion, the third generation were the weakest games and Emerald didn't really add much, except the Battle Frontier, which is only good for serious hardcore battling.

But if you really love the games, then yeah, you can't really go wrong with any of them. Fire Red is amazing though, especially if you have nostalgia for the originals.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hizang

@WinterSnowblind said:

Fire Red is amazing though, especially if you have nostalgia for the originals.

Fuck yes! I even had a large amount when you went back to Kanto at the end of Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By boboblaw

The third generation is fine. I personally think it was the worst of the lot they are still good games. It could have something to do with the age I was at/I wasn't as interested in pokemon at the time. 

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru

It's the generation where they reallly got into reoccuring characters, you got two rivals and there was two evil organisations fighting against the other. I really enjoyed the slight more focus on story, and the conclusion with fighting a legendary Pokemon in a storm felt pretty dramatic.

It's nothing you haven't seen if you've played the later gens, it's still Pokemon after all, but if you're up for some it's as good as it's always been.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ckeats

I was in the same boat, having played all of them but skipping the entire advance era games. I picked up Emerald a few years ago after I got back into Damond, and it never held my intrest the way the other's did. Then again I may have had Pokemon fatigue at that point playing through Diamond and Heart Gold.

Still getting Emerald and Fire Red as a bonus is absolutely worth it. Even if you don't like Emerald, Fire Red's nostalgia factor should be enough to keep going back to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.