Do CPU Pokemon (trainers and wild) have PP?

#1 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Just wondering as I can't quite remember ever seeing an enemy use struggle. For some reason, I expect the CPU to bypass the notion of PP like the power meters in Eternal Champions.

#2 Posted by RobotHamster (4169 posts) -

Yea they could run out of PP, but it would take a long while before all their moves run out and is forced to use struggle.

#3 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

yup

#4 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -

Yeah, or else Spite and Pressure would be useless
#5 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Thanks.

#6 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Really? No PP jokes? 

Disappointed

#7 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Yes. The only time they've ever run out on me though was when I was fighting my Geodude against Brock's Geodude back in Pokemon Red. It got to the point where we ran out of defense curls and tackles and I had to struggle my way to victory.

#8 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Robots don't have PP but the have PooPoo.

Hurr.

#9 Edited by Kbm600 (446 posts) -
@keyhunter said:

" Yes. The only time they've ever run out on me though was when I was fighting my Geodude against Brock's Geodude back in Pokemon Red. It got to the point where we ran out of defense curls and tackles and I had to struggle my way to victory. "

Sounds like a dynamic struggle between rock and...rock.

As the question has already been answered, I'll go ahead and say I've had a personal experience with this. I was battling Ho-Oh and it ran out of PP and started using struggle and killed itself before I could catch it. Infuriating.
#10 Posted by MrKart (117 posts) -

I've had trainer's run out, but I've never seen a wild one run out personally. Or at the least, they always seem to have way more PP for each move then they should. It's as if they have a PP Max on every single move. For instance, doesn't Aeroblast only have 5 PP? When I was battling Lugia in the Whirl Island in HG, I counted at least 10 times that it used it.

#11 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@luce:  HA! PP.
#12 Posted by AwesomeRory (97 posts) -

Just recently in Pokemon Pearl Palkia used Spacial Rend on me 7 times! and its just a 5 PP move

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.