[Note to mods - feel free to edit or update this topic as you see fit. I'm in Aus so I probably won't be able to keep track of everything during the site's busiest hours but I'll try.]
Welcome to Giant Bomb’s first annual officially unofficial Pokemon Tournament, sponsored by LuchaDrink and Chinese Diner Aiya. Held over the course of April each year, Giant Bomb’s Pokemon Tournament is the largest gathering of Pokemon fans in the world, set to get even bigger this year with the release of Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
Note that none of the above may be true, but I will try to make this as fun as possible at the very least. All I ask is that participants read through a bit of the information below before signing up with their username and 12-digit friendcode. If you need help getting your friend code or registering others, go downstairs in the PokeCenter once you’ve reached Ecruteak City and can talk to Bill.
The format of this tournament is a little different to the usual. To avoid delay in fights due to registrants not showing up for their battles, we’ll use a basic points system. Over the next two weeks, registered tournament players can fight whoever they want on the table and fight as many times as they want (although I think we’ll limit things to three fights against each person so users can’t just keep fighting the same user).
Winning a fight nets you 3 points, losing a fight gets you 1 and a draw will result in 2 points.
Before you fight someone from the tournament, make sure you agree with them beforehand that the fight will count towards the tournament. You must also agree on your own rules, although if both players can’t agree on a set of rules or need some help, I’ll put a list of standard rules below. After the match, players must post the result here. In case of a disconnect please post details of your fight’s progress so that we can judge who should have received points, if at all.
While there’s no way for us to verify if a Pokemon was hacked or not, please post here if you have concerns about opponents using moves their Pokemon shouldn’t be able to learn or hacking stats to unfair levels.
To make setting up fights with other users easier, it's advised that participants follow as many of their fellow participants as possible, so that they can set up a fight via PMs if they happen to see each other online at the same time.
Users may register at any time that they wish. On the 26th of April at 6AM GB Time (basically the time Endurance Run episodes are uploaded) we will stop counting points and the top four users on the table will go into the finals. 1st place plays 4th, 2nd plays 3rd; then the winners of these two matches will face off for the title. The finals will use standard rules in all matches. Hope I'm clear enough, if not will have to edit later.
|Rank #||Username||Friend Code||Wins||Losses||Draws||Points Total|
|1|| demontium ||1634-6139-7922 ||2||0||0||6|
|2|| Kowbrainz ||3395-5550-2979 ||1||1||0||4|
|7||MrMuffinzzz|| 1978-1888-8761 ||0||0||0||0|
|13|| Sepultallica86|| 4555 2705 9884 ||0||0||0||0|
List of Standard Rules: (note that you only need to use these if playing in the finals, or if you cannot agree on another set of rules with your opponent)
- Level 100, 6v6 Singles Battle. PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to train your Pokemon to level 100 for this - this refers to a wifi battle option which automatically scales your party up to level 100 for the duration of the fight to make fights fairer.
- The following Pokemon are banned as per Standard Pokemon Rules:
Deoxys (all forms)
Giratina (Origin Forme)
Latias (With the Soul Dew item attached, can be used legally without Soul Dew)
Shaymin (Sky Forme)
- Sleep Clause - You may not use a sleep inducing move (eg Sleep Powder, Hypnosis) if one of your opponent's Pokemon is already asleep.
- Species Clause - You may only use one Pokemon of each species on your team. For example, you can't use two Blisseys, although a Blissey and a Chansey is fine.
- OHKO and Evasion Clause - You may not use One Hit KO moves such as Fissure or Horn Drill, and may not use moves which increase your evasiveness (eg minimize, double team) or decrease your opponent's accuracy (eg sand attack, mud slap). Try not to use Acupressure as it has a 1/7 chance of raising your evasiveness.
- No Hax items - You may not attach items to your Pokemon which rely on luck for their effects to activate. These include King's Rock, Bright Powder, Lax Incense, Focus Band, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Lansat Berry, Lucky Punch. The items Scope Lens, Stick and Razor Claw are allowed as they only increase the odds of an something occuring which is already possible.
- Don't disconnect on your opponent. If you don't have time to finish the battle and wish to forfeit the loss, please press use the RUN button instead.
And I think that's about it. Hopefully we can get this show on the road soon. Thanks. :)