Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Help with my team.

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TwelveFootFour

So I was thinking about what team I'll be using for when I start battling friends and maybe even online sometimes; Anyway here's the team I'm thinking about. Sorry I'm not putting move sets up, but I'm not even done leveling so yeah.
      Gengar
      Houndoom
      Jolteon
      Dragonite
      Tyranitar
      Kingdra
    What do ya guys think? Is there any big holes in that team I should know about? Oh and if anyone want's to suggest any move sets I'm open. thanks

CarthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CarthX

You'll run into problems with anything that can learn both Ice and Ground attacks. (Electivire, Claydol, Mamoswine etc.) as four members of your team will likely be OHKO against either of those attacks, and Gengar hasn't got the best defenses and most good STAB'd moves from something with a high attack/special attack stat could likely OHKO anyway, or at least definitely a 2HKO. 

I'd also recommend putting something a little defensive in there, you don't really have anything there that could switch into a neutral attack safely, you'd be relying on resistances a lot, which you've not really got much of there.

Rabalais42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabalais42

It looks like ground could pretty easily wreck your shit. If anyone could be replaced, I'd say it's Houndoom. His moveset isn't great, and Tyranitar can cover your Dark moves. If you really want a fire type for your team, I would recommend Infernape, otherwise I would throw in something that could take a hit or two like a Snorlax or Skarmory.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

If your doing it for casual battles against friends I think its pretty decent, but in serious battle I think that dragonite and tyranitar are considers ubers or maybe thats garchomp im not sure.  But it all depends on their stats and the attacks you teach them.  Gengar should fair off pretty good, jolteon is like the second fastest non legend pokemon so you'll always have speed on your side, kingdras pretty balanced but there might be better water pokemon, and houndoom may be the one you should change because i think it has relatively low stats.  Dragonite and Tyranitar are bothe great so youll have no problems with them. Try also teaching your pokemon moves that would be effective against the type good against them for example teach a gyrados ground moves to fight electric types. You could also EV train them to boost their stats but only if your really into that sort of thing.

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TwelveFootFour

LoL i'm not even sure what   EV training means. I"ll have to look into it.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Kyreo
    @TwelveFootFour: You've got too many Dragon Types.  Replace Kingra with a different water type.... I personally prefer Quagsire cuz his defense is great and he is weak only to water.  Tyranitar is a good idea... teach him some crazy moves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.