Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Training tips

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

After putting 80+ hours into Soul Silver when it first came out, I have come back to the game off and on. I already beat the 16 gym leaders, but right now I'm having a hell of a time training my team for a second go-around with the elite four. With my roster the way it is, I'm having problems getting past the first of the four. I've been trying to grind in mt. Silver, but it is taking forever. Is there a quicker solution that I am missing?

My team: 
    Mawile 51 
    Marowak 51 
    Gardevoir 52 
    Lugia 54 
    Ampharos 57 
    Typhlosion 57

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

Rebattling Gym Leaders is a good way to get EXP.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think just fighting the elite 4--win or lose--is the best training method. You get a lot of money that way too.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I think just fighting the elite 4--win or lose--is the best training method. You get a lot of money that way too. "
    Except I'm losing money because I'm losing to the first guy, and often times I can't beat his with my weakest (who need the training the most). His worst are at a higher level than my best right now.  
    @crono11 said:
    " Rebattling Gym Leaders is a good way to get EXP. "
    Forgot about that. I only had Brocks number. I'm going around to get what I can right now.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    @crono11: Thanks for the tip. I fought Chuck a number of times today, leaving my team like this 
    Mawile 52 (+1) 
    Marowak 52 (+1) 
    Gardevoir 55 (+3) 
    Lugia 55 (+1) 
    Ampharos 60 (+3) 
    Typhlosion 60 (+3) 
    This method is heads and tails faster than grinding Mt Silver or ramming up against the Elite Four over and over again. Many thanks. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.