Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 21, 2014

A new Pokémon adventure for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, respectively.

Demo Impressions

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I figured I'd start a thread so we can discuss the demo. I am thoroughly excited for this game to come out!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Still waiting on my code. Have they started sending the newsletter yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just got my code, so they're coming.

Now to get out of work.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By metalsnakezero

Still waiting on my code. Have they started sending the newsletter yet?

I heard they're sending them out in batches so it'll be a bit for some to get their codes. It a bit annoying but it a way to slow down the amount of people on the eshop downloading the demo.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea how many missions I've played but it's all right. Hoenn looks amazing, the Mega Evolutions are great (except for Glalie and I do love regular Glalie), and the dialog is fantastic. I love the little jokes and references thrown in there. Hoenn feels really alive and vibrant on the 3DS. In comparison, Kalos and X/Y look flat. Can't wait for the full game though.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

Well I got an e-mail with the code, but the code itself isn't showing up in the e-mail (the image won't load). Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if that problem fixes itself.

Edit: As stated below, it seems to be working now.

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the same boat, have the email but the code image won't load

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By metalsnakezero

So the visual look a lot nicer than X&Y. I could be that fact that there a lot more color palette with the environments and brighter lighting. The game also moves a lot fast with the intro to battles. Menus from the bag to the battle menu have a sharper design, making it visually appealing. Character models, when look up close, have a lot of expression and movement than a static position and stare. The demo is very for just letting you see what the game systems and visual will be like and I can't wait for the full game to come out.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Getz

I still haven't gotten a code, sup with that?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bogusdd: Slightly comforting to know it's not just me. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The music sure tickles my nostalgia bone. Neat touch having the gym leaders, well, most of them show up around town (I'm looking at you Juan.) Emerald has to be my favorite entry into the series, but I can no longer play it since my DS Lite shit the bed, so I'm pretty excited to dig into this one.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Capum15

I'm still hoping to get an email, but I really wanna try it. Seen a few videos and it looks great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've got the image problem as well. I sent an email to the support team about it and was told to hit the "View Online" option in the email, however that doesn't do any good when the servers are being slammed by tons of impatient people.

I'm just going to wait a few hours for the kids to (hopefully) go to bed and things settle down.

Edit: Well what the hell, the code just randomly appeared. Cool beans.

CannedBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CannedBread
    bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My email code/image is now working so people may want to check

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Saw a Slakoth and was bummed that I couldn't catch it. The team it gives you is pretty fun though, considering most people wouldn't normally run with something like that.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

The music is pretty solid and it's more Pokemon goodness.

Quick Question; Do the Pokemon you can transfer to the full game bring their Mega Stones with them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

Quick Question; Do the Pokemon you can transfer to the full game bring their Mega Stones with them?

I think Glalie is the only one that's transferable, but you do get its Mega stone and any other item you get in the demo.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By metalsnakezero

The sneaking mechanic is a interesting move and the fact that pokemon you sneak up on, when you see them, can have a egg move right away is pretty cool for breeding.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

So apparently they sent me two emails, one to each of my main email accounts, so who wants a free code?

A05L2LQU1T8V4EXM

If that one doesn't work, could be the other one, right off the top of my head I can't remember which one I used. If that's the wrong one, let me know and I'll get the other one up as soon as possible. And let me know if it does work so I don't have to keep wondering if it did or didn't. Happy training, trainers!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smtdante89: It worked! Thanks duder. Sapphire was the last Pokemon game I put any real time into, I'm curious if this will be what gets me back in.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By metalsnakezero

Here some pics of special characters

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still haven't gotten my code yet; so, just waiting around. Looks like it could be cool!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got done playing it and... of course, I liked it! I played a lot of the Gen 3 games and loved them more than most, so it's pretty nostalgic to hear the remastered music and seeing Mossdeep in 3D. I think in a lot of ways it also feels like a more refined X/Y, similar to how Heart Gold and Soul Silver were to the Gen 4 games.

Bullet list of things I liked and didn't like:

• Seems like the framerate still chugs occasionally in battle. Nothing too extreme or surprising, but still kind of disappointing. Oh well, pretty sure you can't make a game look this damn good on the 3DS without a few hiccups.
    • I love Mega Sceptile, and Mega Blaziken is still cool, but for some reason I hate Mega Swampert. It just looks too... bulky.
    • HATED Mega Glalie at first, but it has kind of grew on me after using it. Still think it looks ugly and a downgrade from regular Glalie, though.
    • I'm glad you don't have to deal with the rollerskates anymore like in XY.
    • This isn't really a complaint for the demo, but I'm really bummed Trainer Customization is out. Even more bummed that Masuda implied it might be gone for good, and only appearing in games set in the Kalos region, because apparently that's a feature that should define the Kalos region and the Kalos region alone. No, Gamefreak. No.
    • I wish there was more to explore and do in the demo besides battling fodder trainers.
    • The Latias/Latios thing seems like a pointless novelty.
    • Anyone else like the touch screen interface better on X/Y? I know we haven't seen this one fully, but right now I'm not digging it so much.

Overall, it's a Pokemon ass Pokemon game. This demo was a pointless taste of the great things to inevitably come in the full game. I can't wait for November 21.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.