Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 21, 2014

A new Pokémon adventure for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, respectively.

New Mega Evolutions + Demo Incoming

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So... there's been a bit of news on the upcoming Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby as of late. From new Megas to a new demo. Oh my! First, though, some X/Y shit is going down.

From October 27 to November 16, you can retrieve a code card from Gamestop to get Diancie, who you can then transfer to ORAS to get its mega stone. In addition to Diancie, you can also get a shiny Gengar holding its mega stone from October 13 until the 26. Unfortunately for me there's no Gamestop in my town and the nearest one is like an hour away. I don't know if I want Diancie THAT much, but we'll see.

New Megas were revealed in the latest CoroCoro. Mega Sharpedobear, Mega Camerupt, and Mega Gallade were all revealed. A lot of people knew Sharpedo and Camerupt were coming, but Gallade is a bit of a surprise. I'm not going to post pics of them here because every time I do, my post gets massacred. (I'll post them in a follow up reply to this thread)

Just some info on them:

Mega Sharpedo: Gains the Strong Jaw ability. Every one of its stats is upgraded in its mega form. Team Aqua's leader uses this Pokemon.

Mega Camerupt: Gains the ability Sheer Force. Every one of its stats is upgraded except Speed, which gets a decrease. Team Magma's leader uses this Pokemon.

Mega Gallade: Gains the ability Inner Focus. Wally uses this Pokemon.

There's also a bit in the Corocoro about Rayquaza, who apparently has some secret with Mega Evolution. I really don't know if the world can handle Mega Rayquaza... (It'll probably be some Primal Reversion shit)

Speaking of Primal Reversions, details on Groudon and Kyogre's new abilities have been revealed.

Groudon gains the ability Desolate Land, which renders all water type attacks useless. Dayyyuummm.

Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea, which is the same thing except fire attacks become totally useless. Again, Dayyyyuummm.

Lastly there's apparently a demo coming out for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This demo will come in the form of codes, and will not be available for the public on the e-Shop. The demo includes content not found in the full retail games, and gives players the chance to capture a familiar Pokemon who can now mega evolve. It is hinted that this Pokemon's Mega hasn't been revealed yet, so that'll be interesting. Additionally, that Pokemon and any items you acquire in the demo can be transferred to the full game. In Japan, the codes for the demo come from next month's CoroCoro. Details on how North American's can get it are unknown right now, but we will be getting it. (If it's through Gamestop I'm going to flip shit...)

And, whew. I think that's everything. I'm so hyped for these games and I'm actually thinking of buying them both. (Probably won't unless we get the Steelbooks or something)

Edit: Figured I'd post this here for all the US and Canadian duders. If you register for a Pokemon Trainer Club account by October 19 and make sure you opt in for marketing emails, you should receive a code as part of the monthly Trainer Club Newsletter. I believe Nintendo is saying you should get that email anytime after October 20.

If you already have a Trainer Club account, but haven't opted in for marketing emails (or are unsure of whether you did or not) CLICK HERE, check the marketing email box, and CLICK SAVE. Again, you should do this by October 19 to guarantee yourself a code.

Apparently Nintendo will also be distributing codes elsewhere as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out codes for Club Nintendo Platinum members (of last year) and/or gave them out for pre-ordering the games at GameStop. You should probably register for the Trainer Club anyway just to be safe.

If you live in anywhere that's not North America, the demo is probably available for you now. There are too many different countries each with different means to obtain it for me to post them all here. Enjoy the demo though, you lucky bastards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Trailer with the new Megas and Primal Groudon and Kyogre. (Plus Rayquaza, but he's not really doing anything special.)

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

I'm still on the fence but I think I'm going to pass on this one. My reverence for the old games kinda ends with Gold and Silver so any remakes of the versions past second generation won't do much for me.

Lunance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@colourful_hippie: Yeah and the remakes kind of seem redundant/useless (dont know what word would describe my feelings best). I I can accept them remaking the first two generations because if you played the original versions you couldn't import your pokemon from gen 1/2 to gen 3 and onwards. Seems like a cashgrab. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

Nintendo, stop with the demo codes. It's tearing the internet apart.

Anyway I'm waiting for Omicron Emerald.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lunance said:

@colourful_hippie: Yeah and the remakes kind of seem redundant/useless (dont know what word would describe my feelings best). I I can accept them remaking the first two generations because if you played the original versions you couldn't import your pokemon from gen 1/2 to gen 3 and onwards. Seems like a cashgrab. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Game is just a way for them to get all the past generation pokemon into the new generation games. The only other way to get them is by transferring the pokemon through each of the game series since the original Ruby / Sapphire. Funny thing was after I completed almost everything from X & Y I started playing my copy of Pokemon Emerald to start the grand transferring of pokemon to the latest generation. Was then going to start playing Fire Red > Platinum > Black > White 2. This game kinda just saved me the trouble from doing all that... But yes this game is a cash grab for the pokemon company who are swimming in money.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Beedrill and Pidgeot get Mega evolutions and Machamp doesn't, I'm going to shake my head and sigh a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me crazy, but I would much rather have Mega Notctowl than Pidgeot. It needs one way more.

Also I like how Nintendo has revealed how everywhere that's not North America can get the demo.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mega Mr. Mime evolves into IT

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

If Beedrill and Pidgeot get Mega evolutions and Machamp doesn't, I'm going to shake my head and sigh a lot.

And Golem too. Originally there were four Pokemon who you could only get via trade: Golem, Machamp, Gengar, and Alakazam. Hopefully Game Freak hasn't forgotten that Golem and Machamp exist. Both of them desperately need a buff. Golem is flat out useless and Machamp could be much better.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From October 27 to November 16, you can retrieve a code card from Gamestop to get Diancie, who you can then transfer to ORAS to get its mega stone. In addition to Diancie, you can also get a shiny Gengar holding its mega stone from October 13 until the 26. Unfortunately for me there's no Gamestop in my town and the nearest one is like an hour away. I don't know if I want Diancie THAT much, but we'll see.

If only there was a platform Nintendo could leverage to deliver these special items to my game without the need for me to leave my house and go to a store I don't typically shop at.

I'm going to be going to Gamestop to get event Pokemon until the day I die, aren't I?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda said:

And Golem too. Originally there were four Pokemon who you could only get via trade: Golem, Machamp, Gengar, and Alakazam. Hopefully Game Freak hasn't forgotten that Golem and Machamp exist. Both of them desperately need a buff. Golem is flat out useless and Machamp could be much better.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a six armed Asura style Mega Machamp. Actually, now that the image is in my head I really hope they do that.

@cmblasko Maybe by Generation 8 on the 4DS Nintendo and Gamefreak will learn their lesson.

Heh, yeah right.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mega Beedrill is ridiculous in the best way.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

Fuck, I would pay all the money for an Emerald remake. Still my favorite Pokemon game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I still think a demo for a Pokemon game is very weird.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

@capum15 said:

@corevi said:

Fuck, I would pay all the money for an Emerald remake. Still my favorite Pokemon game.

If they handle this the same way they have in the past (which is basically a guarantee knowing Game Freak), then there won't be an Emerald remake, but these games will throw in a lot of the stuff that was added in Emerald.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

@corevi said:

If they handle this the same way they have in the past (which is basically a guarantee knowing Game Freak), then there won't be an Emerald remake, but these games will throw in a lot of the stuff that was added in Emerald.

Yeah, I know, but a man can dream.

Also I'll probably end up buying both eventually, if not at the same time (because I hate having money, apparently)...

You win this time, Game Freak.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So not only do I have to go to a Gamestop to get an event legendary, I can't just sit out in the parking lot and pick it up wirelessly? I don't want to talk to an actual employee and get harassed to preorder something to get a code, which I'm sure they'll do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those lucky enough to have a participating GameStop store in your area, you can now pick up a code for your shiny Gengar with Gengarite. Interestingly this Gengar also knows Sludge Wave (think Surf but with Poison) which it cannot learn through normal gameplay.

If there are any kind souls out there who pick up a code and don't want it, I will gladly trade you something for it. (Let me know what you're looking for. I've got lots of cool shinies and neat event Pokemon)

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: I may be able to arrange i if you cant get one. Pm me with what ya got.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean I can go to Gamestop right now and get a Mega Gengar? Shit man I want that. Gengar rules. All I need is Pokemon X?

Dinnae about the demo, I want to get that and Ruby but at the same time the remakes of these seem odd and as well I never get into Pokemon games as much as I'd like to anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi said:

Does this mean I can go to Gamestop right now and get a Mega Gengar? Shit man I want that. Gengar rules. All I need is Pokemon X?

Yup. You should just be able to walk in and grab one. (Bring your 3DS and Pokemon X, just in case!)

Be warned that shady Gamestops have tried forcing pre-orders for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for these things in the past. That is not true. There is no purchase necessary.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the demo starts tomorrow (or in a few hours if you live in Japan) and Nintendo of America still hasn't said a word about the demo in the US, Canada, or Mexico. I'm starting wonder if North America is even going to get the demo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: yup. I walked in and asked for a code. They handed me one then I walked away.

Limit one per customer apparently. So if you have multiple in your town raid em all!!

As for the demo, I'll bet its two weeks out like how Smash was.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlue

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie have been confirmed along with the "official?" reveal of the Mega Latis. Curiously, the Japanese only get Mega Steelix in their demo and Koreans get Glalie. People are saying some megas will be region exclusive and personally, I would hate that. Hopefully it's just for the demo cause it was enough of a bitch collecting all those Vivillon patterns, and if Mega stones are more than version exclusive, ain't NOBODY giving those up.

For those interested, Mega Steelix retains its typing and has Sand Force, and Mega Glalie is EDIT: Pure Ice and gets Refrigerate.

It also seems that the US is getting the demo code through the Pokemon Trainer Club newsletter on the 20th.

Battle Frontier remains unconfirmed and I remain heavily annoyed until it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want is the same exp share as x.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Still kinda irritated it's 2014 and we gotta go to gamestop to get exclusive pokemon.

I understand it's to help promote their store and get you in there but then they start with the whole b.s about pre-ordering to get the card code.

cateblya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cateblya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I just tell them some story first about needing to mine the gold bullion to pay for it (as I don't believe in cards)

Also that the only other console I own is a PS2 and ask if they sell those.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: hey, it's not easy working retail gigs. I figure you win if you make them laugh.

And I mean be silly, don't be a jerk :)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well looks like I lucked out my local one ran out guess that's what I get for waiting till Wednesday to jump in on it. I'll probably hit up the other ones in and around the area tomorrow or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated the thread with relevant links in regards to the North American demo. Be sure to register for the Trainer Club thing yall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.