Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Platinum

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2008

The third game in the 4th generation of Pokémon games, Platinum expands on the gameplay of Diamond and Pearl, adding new features, and improving old ones.

Anyone else importing this?

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DrFidget
    I’ve got a copy reserved, but I can’t read Japanese. I figure there have got to be a few people here that are in the same boat, or better yet, can read Japanese. If so, maybe we can all get through this together.
    Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nik_NYG

No....

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

I imported both Diamond and Pearl (and own both English version copies as well... goddamn, 4 copies of the same game), and have a copy of Platinum sitting in front of me right now. Unfortunately, a lot of the cooler changes to Platinum require you to understand the language. The biggest changes are to the game's story, so... yeah. But so far, so good.

Edit: BTW, that means when all's said and done, I will own 6 copies of this generation's Pokemon.

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DrFidget

I got the game a few days ago and so far it’s been easy enough to get by without being able to read anything. I am wondering who that new guy is that you first see pacing around Jubilife City, and then run into repeatedly after that. Anyone know what’s his deal?

Alita_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Alita_99

If the US and JP release dates of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are any indication, Pokémon Platinum should be released early/mid April next year.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

So you would rather get a game fully in Japanese than wait a couple of months, and yet you expect someone to translate the game for you... Tell me where I've gone wrong.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bwooduhs

I imported it without knowing any Japanese at all and got through it fine. It's a good game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.