Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Platinum

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2008

The third game in the 4th generation of Pokémon games, Platinum expands on the gameplay of Diamond and Pearl, adding new features, and improving old ones.

Darkrai Mystery Gift Event

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Just thought I'd remind everyone that starting today, if you own a US or European version of Platinum, you can go onto Nintendo Wi-fi and download the Darkrai event.

You've got until the 13th of September to get it, and after that it's gone forever, so don't forget!

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By DrRandle

Do you have to go onto any of the wi-fi features specifically? EDIT: Apparently you can get it from the Mystery Gift wi-fi feature. Very cool. It's good to know they finally let us do these events. They're actually pretty nifty from what I've seen. Thanks for the heads up!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Nintendo wi-fi connection.
    Also not sure if this is available in Australia, but I think they're usually the same as Europe. 

So if you live there, you might want to try.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Guardian

Just got him right now. I like they made the gift pokemon a LOT easier to get, aka no more going to Nintendo events.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB
    @Guardian:  That's not entirely true. All of the special Pokemon (aka, legendaries in cherish balls with super, unique movesets otherwise not obtainable in-game) are still local event driven. It still sucks just as much as always for those without local Toys R Us stores, and/or without the option to take a little trip to the Nintendo events in NYC. All the legendaries you obtain through these events are plain vanilla, but I agree, it is still nice to be able to get them "legally." Only problem is, what if, say, I missed an event like the previous Rotom key one (which I did, because I didn't have a US copy of the game yet). Am I now screwed, or are they going to re-release the events later on? The latter seems like it'll never happen, since Nintendo forgets about supporting past games once the new one is out. Guess that only leaves me the option of "cheating" in the items myself; something I wouldn't feel bad about, considering everyone else had the chance of getting it at some point.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

@WinterSnowblind said:
    " Nintendo wi-fi connection.Also not sure if this is available in Australia, but I think they're usually the same as Europe.  So if you live there, you might want to try. "
    Yep, it does; got mine a couple of days ago. :)
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By C2C
    @AndrewB: If you have a friend that got any of the "Wifi" mystery gifts, They could actually send the item they got to you via friend mystery gift. 

If you don't have a friend that got the mystery gift item, then your SOL by the looks of it :/
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AndrewB
    @C2C:  Is that option usable via WiFi, or local only? I don't know anyone locally who plays Pokemon at all.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By C2C
    @AndrewB: only local unfortunately.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AndrewB
    @C2C: Urgg... I understand the want for Nintendo games to be "social," but this is what happens when they try to force that on you. You can't expect everyone to have a group of Pokemon playing friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.