Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Platinum

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2008

The third game in the 4th generation of Pokémon games, Platinum expands on the gameplay of Diamond and Pearl, adding new features, and improving old ones.

Just an small question regarding Action Replay and Pokemon

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Well, I just got a DS Lite (mostly for the GBA slot) and I bought Platinum with it. Now, I now that something that Ninty has been doing is giving away pokemons as events in countries as the US and Japan, now, the matter is that Im from a shitty place (its a nice place actually, just shitty in games support) called Argentina so I cant access those events, and that really grinds my gears (I travel once a year for some business meetings in the US, but its always after the events season).
    So, my question is in short. If I use the Action Replay appliance to get the Event Items (not cared in cheating to get Shiny and Legendaries, etc that are obtainable normally) and then capture the pokemon in question (Manaphy, Darkrai, etc), do I get some kind of future punishment as in the past (banned from using them on Stadium for the RBY/G/S gen).
    That would be it. Thanks to any who can help me, and it feels sad that I have to cheat to get the full sauce of the game (Its even more lame than having to pay 4.99 US to unlock content already on the disc. Yes, Im pointing to you Yoda and Versus Mode!)

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

I haven't heard of anything like that happening yet, although I think people were being banned from using the Global Trade System for putting up hacked and event Pokemon for trade, which seems really stupid to me. I'm probably going to do the same thing myself, since I, too, have no way of getting to any event location. This is why I was so happy when they started releasing stuff over the WiFi mystery gift... but unfortunately, not everything is available through it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.