#1 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

I was a huge fan of Squirtle.

Pokemon Blue + Squirtle FTW!!!!

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I pick Mewtwo

#3 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Shawn said:
"I pick Mewtwo"
I remember using Gameshark and making the starter Pokemon Mew. That was epic. =P
#4 Posted by WallacetheGreat (555 posts) -

Squirtle, I choose you! :)

#5 Posted by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -

The first time, I picked Squirtle.  On my second play-through, I chose Charmander.  Third time?  I was playing Pokemon Yellow, so it was Pikachu. 

#6 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
SoulEdgeSlayer said:
"The first time, I picked Squirtle.  On my second play-through, I chose Charmander.  Third time?  I was playing Pokemon Yellow, so it was Pikachu."
I hated how you couldn't evolve Pikachu. Why the hell did they HAVE to keep true to the TV show? So dumb...
#7 Posted by SteepInKline (157 posts) -

Bulbasaur, duh!

#8 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
SoulEdgeSlayer said:
"The first time, I picked Squirtle.  On my second play-through, I chose Charmander.  Third time?  I was playing Pokemon Yellow, so it was Pikachu. 
"
I hated having Pikachu forced on you like that. Hated that stupid rat following me everywhere.
#9 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I remember never being able to choose, and whenever I chose one of them, a couple of hours later I would restart because I would have changed my mind. I think my longest playthrough was done with Squirtle, because I remember having a Blastoise. Ah the memories...

#10 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

Charmander all the way

#11 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

Charmander :D

#12 Posted by TimeWaffle (944 posts) -

Bulbasaur

#13 Posted by gersan93 (136 posts) -

Charmander.

#14 Posted by ConkerAndBerri2 (177 posts) -

Mudkip! But i'd choose squirtle..

#15 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

Charmander always!

#16 Edited by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -

I also remember helping a buddy of mine out when he first started playing Pokemon.  I had two cartridges at the time, my sister's Blue cartridge and my Red cartridge.  My sister had yet to play it at the time, so I used Blue and got Bulbasaur at the start, then played until I could trade, then I traded with my friend for a Weedle or something easily caught.  He had all 3 right of the bat.  XD

#17 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
SoulEdgeSlayer said:
"I also remember helping a buddy of mine out when he first started playing Pokemon.  I had two cartridges at the time, my sister Blue cartridge and my Red cartridge.  My sister had yet to play it at the time, so I used Blue and got Bulbasaur at the start, then played until I could trade, then I traded with my friend for a Weedle or something easily caught.  He had all 3 right of the bat.  XD"
Nice.
#18 Posted by Christopper (102 posts) -

Pissflaps

#19 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

Charmander is teh Best

#20 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Charmander. They all looked like piles of poo in retrospect. :P

#21 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

I always liked Squirtle. =P

#22 Posted by lord_canti (1487 posts) -

i chose charmander but i want to play it again with squertal lol

#23 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

I was a Charmander man myself. My friends and I played the game at release, before the cartoon came out, so I don't feel too dirty admitting it.

A good choice in retrospect. The first two bosses are near-impossible with Charmander, but after you manage to get past them, you run roughshod through the rest of game.

Plus I mean, come on. You can either get a flower-lizard, a super-soaker turtle, or a giant fire-breathing dragon as your end-form.

#24 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Squirtle, water pokemons are always the best.

#25 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

When I played Ruby, I picked the fire one, the grass one was harder at the beginning.

#26 Posted by tariqari (391 posts) -

Bulbasaur because when he evolved, I eventually got him to level 126 and I owned like most people I played multiplayer with lol.

#27 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Bulbasaur for sure - that dino was wack!

#28 Posted by thomas10soa (69 posts) -

squirtle coz he evolves to blastoise who ownes

#29 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

SQUIRTLE

#30 Posted by Vash_The_Stampede (254 posts) -

I would pick Charmander...Charizard is dah bomb

#31 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Charmander

#32 Edited by HoldSteady828 (165 posts) -

I am ashamed that I am writing the words, "Charmander is the Pokemon that I'd pick of the three." Furthermore, I guzzle shame buckets that I write this on the internet. That said:

Charmander is the Pokemon that I'd pick of the three.

#33 Posted by Kramer (20 posts) -

CHARMANDER!!!!

#34 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Charmander.

#35 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Charmander is a sexy beast

#36 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Squirtle because he's a mad pimp.

#37 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -
Vash_The_Stampede said:
"I would pick Charmander...Charizard is dah bomb"
He really isn't.  His additional Poke-type (Charizard adds Flying to Fire) increases the number of weaknesses he has--and he isn't all that powerful to begin with.  I think he's just popular because he's a damned dragon.

Blastoise is definitely the best, statistically, of the three final evolutions.  Therefore, Squirtle for the win.
#38 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Vash_The_Stampede said:
"I would pick Charmander...Charizard is dah bomb"
He really isn't.  His additional Poke-type (Charizard adds Flying to Fire) increases the number of weaknesses he has--and he isn't all that powerful to begin with.  I think he's just popular because he's a damned dragon.

Blastoise is definitely the best, statistically, of the three final evolutions.  Therefore, Squirtle for the win."
Fuck evolutions.  Squirtle is the pimp.  All that upgrade shit means nothing to me.  I just think Squirtle is the cutest little shit in the world.  I want him as my pet!
#39 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Squirtle. Because he's awesome.

#40 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

squrtile+char are both awesome

#41 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -
HitNRun said:
"I was a Charmander man myself. My friends and I played the game at release, before the cartoon came out, so I don't feel too dirty admitting it.

A good choice in retrospect. The first two bosses are near-impossible with Charmander, but after you manage to get past them, you run roughshod through the rest of game.

Plus I mean, come on. You can either get a flower-lizard, a super-soaker turtle, or a giant fire-breathing dragon as your end-form."
This. Charmander was a pimp's Pokemon.
#42 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I chose Squirtle the first time, and Charmander the second time.

#43 Posted by bwooduhs (1615 posts) -

always charmander.

#44 Posted by Weltal (2268 posts) -

Charmander; fire.... fire cleanses all things big and small... yes, fire... so, pretty.

#45 Posted by NinjaSquirrel (227 posts) -

charmander

#46 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Bulbasaur is kickass. That guy has some attitude.

#47 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Charmander. Charmeleon may look like some sort of punk reject but FUCK YEAH CHARIZARD!

#48 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Bulbasaur! Kicks some serious pokemon ass!

#49 Posted by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

Charmander easily.

#50 Posted by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

Mudkipz

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.