Pokemon Green?

#1 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Why are we missing a page for Pokemon Green? It should at least be added in with Pokemon Red/Blue

#2 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

I was wondering that as well, come on now GB don't be missing out on the Japanese games.

#3 Posted by Yunvon (120 posts) -

Because GB is only going to cover and maybe add games that are for the US. I might be wrong though...

#4 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
Yunvon said:
"Because GB is only going to cover and maybe add games that are for the US. I might be wrong though...
"
I believe this is correct
#5 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -
Foil_Charizard said:
"Yunvon said:
"Because GB is only going to cover and maybe add games that are for the US. I might be wrong though...
"
I believe this is correct
"
I'll go check if they have any pages for any other Japanese games.
#6 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Why not just add the page yourself?

#7 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

If Hulk was in Pokemon Green it would get respect.  HULK SMASH PUNY POKEMON!

#8 Edited by Gaughan (97 posts) -

It might be kinda hit or miss with certain Japanese games as theres a page for Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (aka Castlevania: Rondo of Blood but released as Dracula X). I believe the most known Japanese games will be listed while most won't.

#9 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

Doesn't seem like they have Japanese games, but I did a half ass search so I'm not sure.

#10 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I tried searching where you can add a page yourself, but I couldn't find it.

#11 Posted by Gaughan (97 posts) -
Thomas said:
" I tried searching where you can add a page yourself, but I couldn't find it."
If you're trying to add Pokémon Green as a game I believe you can by click "games" link at the top of the page and then when the page loads there should be a "add new game" button above the list of games.
#12 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Yeah I found it and I requested the page to be added, so hopefully soon it will be up.

#13 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Wouldn't  Leaf Green be the same? Just an updated version for the GBA?

#14 Posted by Falkien (211 posts) -

good point...

#15 Posted by Pepsiman (2465 posts) -

For the record, right after the site's launch, I actually proposed that Pokemon Green get its own article and although the idea was considered a good one, it was believed that it would be better off if any pertinent information which was specific to that game should simply be added on to Red and Blue's article. After all, the North American games were just tweaked versions of the original Red and Green in Japan, so from that standpoint it's actually really difficult to justify giving it its own entry. The most you could really need is tacking it on in the alias section or something similar.

For the record, though, this site does cover import games. I've successfully proposed some (and obscure ones at that) and I know for a fact that I've approved import games while moderating the incoming Wiki entries. We're here to be a comprehensive archive on games in general, regardless of their originating region. Don't be afraid to propose something few people might know about. I've definitely worked on things here which are about as obscure as you can get.

#16 Posted by lord_canti (1507 posts) -

they do add japanese games but only if the games are writen with english letters in the title  for example here and here
but isnt pokemon green just pokemon blue with another town

#17 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2491 posts) -

wouldn't it technically be listed as "Pokemon Midori"?
of course, I searched that and it's not up there either...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.