Because you know they're just gonna remake it...

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (4 posts) -

What would you add to it to make the game more appealing to the 4th/5th generation?

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5101 posts) -

Damn. 

They need a new system.  It'll probably be on the 3ds.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (4 posts) -

You're probably right. I just wish all the games were on one system and just stay there, lol

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (4 posts) -

C'mon, no Pokemon players on these boards?

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@gambit1024 said:
" C'mon, no Pokemon players on these boards? "
Nope, because Persona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pokemon.
#6 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Voice acting.

#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

There is no Pokemon after Gold/Silver.

#8 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Remaking Gold/Silver was a good idea because the hardware limitations of the Game Boy Color were more noticeable, and they could do a lot more with the games on the DS. Ruby/Sapphire on the other hand were the games that enabled all of the systems that we have today, and still hold up to the new standards that they helped create. I really don't think these games warrant a remake, they even still connect to the modern games! The graphical improvement won't be as drastic and RSE just wasn't as well received as the first two generations were.

I feel pretty good about Heartgold and Soulsilver because they are both wonderful remakes that add a lot of new stuff, but I honestly don't think Ruby/Sapphire should get remade. The Pokemon series can never truly advance if all they do is keep repackaging their successes.

#9 Edited by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Oh shit, I never thought of the possibility of a remake of Sapphire/Ruby.

This'll be on my mind forever now, thanks. But seriously, I loved Sapphire to bits and I wouldn't mind playing through again at all. And it had great music! I can't really say that about Pokemon Black/White (the music's ok, it just isn't up to par for me).

#10 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Ruby/Sapphire will be a 3DS exclusive and will be out after the 6th generation. 

EDIT:  Then for the 4DS, they will remake R/B/G again as a 20th anniversary or some shit.  DP remake comes after that for the 4DS.

#11 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I feel so terribly old right now I didn't even play past Gold/Silver and you're all talking about remaking ruby/sapphire :(
#12 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

idk...at this point I wouldn't buy a remake. Gold/Silver was the last gen I really had nostalgia for (although this morning I really felt like watching some old school pokemon anime, I was addicted to that shit as a kid. 
I think at this point what they need to do is revamp the  structure of the series so that there's more to it than fighting gym leaders/the elite four; I thought Yellow had some nice touches of adding small story points to the game that sadly hadn't carried on to the rest of the series (the way you got your starters, etc., was really neat), and I think adding some basic RPG elements like sidequests (collect items, find a specific pokemon, etc. within the context of a story) so that the world feels more alive or something.

#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

They should just nut the fuck up and make one Pokemon game with all the regions.  Have two color versions, just give us the entire world for once.

#14 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Ruby/Sapphire will be a 3DS exclusive and will be out after the 6th generation.  EDIT:  Then for the 4DS, they will remake R/B/G again as a 20th anniversary or some shit.  DP remake comes after that for the 4DS. "
Sounds like you got it down to a mathematical formula.
#15 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" They should just nut the fuck up and make one Pokemon game with all the regions.  Have two color versions, just give us the entire world for once. "
It would take literally a hundred hours just to get to and beat the Pokemon League. And they would have to raise the level cap to 200, since your team members would probably all have hit 100 by the time you beat all the gyms in the third region. And they would have to add a bunch of new evolutions to all the Pokemon families, since a Pokemon going through over a hundred levels without evolving would be pretty boring.
#16 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Icemael: I'd play that. 

If Ash can do it, then so can I.
#17 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Ewwww remakes of ruby and Sapphire?

#18 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I'm not so hot on remakes of any games. I would rather have the time and effort put into something entirely new.

#19 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Icemael: I'd play that.  If Ash can do it, then so can I. "
I'm down for that idea also. One of the reasons why I like Silver/Gold quite a lot is because they combined the 2 regions. Being able to visit all the regions would be fucking fantastic. 
#20 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

Dating simulation. I think Vinny mentioned it, so why not?

#21 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" There is no Pokemon after Gold/Silver. "
#22 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

I'm just waiting for the pokemon game where you start in the first generation and work your way through every consecutive generation after that. There would have to be a raise in the level cap or leveling would have to be slowed down significantly throughout the game, but it would be the ultimate nostalgia trip going through every region, capturing pokemon from every generation and fighting every legendary.

#23 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I'm digging the idea of a massive pokemon world in game. Raised level caps and all sorts of craziness abound....IN 3D!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.