Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Rumble

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 16, 2009

In this action game you control your own Toy Pokemon and battle it out against wave after wave of other Pokemon.

Demo is out (oh and the full game also)

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

Here is a video showing of the first part of the demo that should be available for those in the US right now. Sure feels weird to have demos for Wiiware games now.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

Anyone else getting an 'old 90s JRPG' vibe from the storytelling?

It actually looks pretty cool, for a 3D Pokemon game.

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DRE7777

Not bad but it looks like it will get really boring, where is the challenge? It looks like he is just pressing one button to attack which would essentially make this game like a 3D brawler. I have no idea what the rest of this game is so i hope it does get more complex and really cool.  

Pokemon should make a Street Fighter style fighting game except you take control of pokemon like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee and stuff lol, how crazy would that be if it was actually good.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rallier
    @DRE7777 said:
    " Not bad but it looks like it will get really boring, where is the challenge? It looks like he is just pressing one button to attack which would essentially make this game like a 3D brawler. I have no idea what the rest of this game is so i hope it does get more complex and really cool.   Pokemon should make a Street Fighter style fighting game except you take control of pokemon like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee and stuff lol, how crazy would that be if it was actually good. "
    You'll probably get pokemons that have several attack and elemental damage will probably play a big role later on.
    DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DRE7777
    @Rallier:
    Yeah thats basically what i was thinking too but i really have no idea, maybe ill pick it up and try it out.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rallier
    @DRE7777: Just played a bit of it, pokemon indeed get 2 attacks at some points and elemental dammage is a big part  of the game. You can collect new pokemon and often when you have several the same they do not all have the same attacks and power levels. I also under the impression that this game only has the original 150 pokemon in it but i might be wrong. So far it has been a fun experience and i'll be sure to play it with some friends when they come over.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I'm gonna have to check out the demo today.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

When are they going to make a Pokemon game for the Wii!

EDIT: A real pokemon game!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Absolutely, utterly awful.

There's no challenge, skill or strategy whatsoever.  Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played, the Pokemon liscence is the one thing that makes it remotely bearble.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rallier
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Absolutely, utterly awful.  There's no challenge, skill or strategy whatsoever.  Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played, the Pokemon liscence is the one thing that makes it remotely bearble. "
    Did you play through the game or only the demo?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Rallier said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Absolutely, utterly awful.  There's no challenge, skill or strategy whatsoever.  Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played, the Pokemon liscence is the one thing that makes it remotely bearble. "
    Did you play through the game or only the demo? "
    Only the demo, I'm partially basing my opinion on what friends have said as well.
    Which is perhaps a little unfair, but I feel bad for anyone who actually pays the 1000 points for this.

Just give us a proper Wii Pokemon game.. or at least something that isn't total tripe.  Even a sequel to Pokemon Snap, or a decent version an updated version of the Stadium games (not Battle Revolution) would make me happy.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

Wait, so the lesson we should be getting from this game is that you can make friends by beating people to a pulp?

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DRE7777
    @Rallier said:
    I also under the impression that this game only has the original 150 pokemon.

Thank god, the original 150 pokemon are the only pokemon in my mind. It just got really stupid when the started adding a billion more.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rallier
    @DRE7777 said:
    " @Rallier said:
    I also under the impression that this game only has the original 150 pokemon.
    Thank god, the original 150 pokemon are the only pokemon in my mind. It just got really stupid when the started adding a billion more. "
    Actually this must only be for the C class. I've seen screenshots with newer pokemons in them.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Emilio

I really like this game. So far I've only fought some of the original 150 Pokimens.  

I believe that a lot of people can enjoy this game. Whether they are fans of the originals (like myself), those that like fighting/collecting/4playeraction, or people who just like to beat the shit out of Pokemon. 

Also, in a way this is a bit like Castle Crashers 3D. 

Magneton fighting Boss Blastoise
    Magneton fighting Boss Blastoise
    Plus you can also take pictures and save them to an SD card, so its like Pokemon Snap!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.