1.2 Patch now on eShop + New Pokemon Bank Trailer

#1 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

Wild Pokemon X and Y news appears! As of today, you can download the 1.2 patch for Pokemon X and Y off of the Nintendo eShop. It's a pretty small patch, but necessary if you want to access the online features of the game.

Here's what it includes:

• Fixes the issue where moves which Pokémon learn while evolving with Wonder Trade are not appearing.
  • Fixes the issue where some users can't view the promotion video tagline in the Lumiose City event.
  • Minor changes to the Internet connection method.

Additionally, a new trailer for the online Pokemon Storage service Pokemon Bank was released. It shows off how it works and what it looks like, as well as showcasing some legendary and starter Pokemon previously unobtainable in X and Y. Spoilers: They look pretty awesome!

Less than two weeks for Pokemon Bank/Transfer and I'm pretty damn excited! Can't wait to import my crew and stomp (Er, get stomped by) people online! Any Pokemon in particular you guys can't wait to import?

#2 Posted by Karkarov (3131 posts) -

I have a friend I want to try and get a tepig for. I will just be happy to get the chance to trade some of my solid but not so exciting pokemanz for some other starters and such.

#3 Posted by Hunter5024 (5702 posts) -

So has anybody heard any official word about the illegitimate pokemon cleansing that the bank is rumored to do? I'm no hacker, but I've received a few shinies in trades that I'd be pretty bummed about losing if it turned out they weren't real.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14697 posts) -

I love that there's a trailer for a bank

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

So has anybody heard any official word about the illegitimate pokemon cleansing that the bank is rumored to do? I'm no hacker, but I've received a few shinies in trades that I'd be pretty bummed about losing if it turned out they weren't real.

I think the only thing they've said is that Pokemon created through certain applications will not be allowed into the bank. Maybe if your shinies have legitimate stats and moves they could pass through?

#6 Posted by Hunter5024 (5702 posts) -

@turtlebird95 said:

@hunter5024 said:

I think the only thing they've said is that Pokemon created through certain applications will not be allowed into the bank. Maybe if your shinies have legitimate stats and moves they could pass through?

Yeah, I'm sure they're legit in terms of stats and moves, but I can never be sure about how they were made unless it was on my cart. As long as they just bar its access to the bank rather than delete it it won't be too bad though.

#7 Edited by cmblasko (1251 posts) -

So will this provide a way to transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue all the way up to X/Y? That would be pretty awesome.

#8 Edited by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@cmblasko: Sadly, nope. For reasons that I don't know, R/B/Y and G/S/C aren't compatible with the 3rd generation of games and onward. Because of that, the oldest pokemon you can get into X and Y are ones from 10 years ago, which is still pretty impressive.

#9 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

Just an update after today's Nintendo Direct: If you use Pokemon Bank by September 2014 you get a free Celebi, even if you only use the free trial offered during the first month.

Seriously, who doesn't want one of these?

#10 Posted by overnow (178 posts) -

Any idea if they are doing less expensive/short term subscriptions? Basically what I want to do is upload a small handful of my favorites and then restart my game and import them back into my box. I hardly need a year long subscription to do this. I'll probably only wind up doing it 1 or 2 times in 2014.

#11 Edited by StrainedEyes (1325 posts) -

@overnow said:

Any idea if they are doing less expensive/short term subscriptions? Basically what I want to do is upload a small handful of my favorites and then restart my game and import them back into my box. I hardly need a year long subscription to do this. I'll probably only wind up doing it 1 or 2 times in 2014.

You get a 30 day free trial if you download it between release and the end of January. So just do what you gotta do in that time.

Otherwise it's $5 for a year, not that big of a deal.

#12 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

@overnow: You could use the free 30 day trial so long as you download it from December 27- January 31. Otherwise you'll just have to pay $5 for a year subscription.

#13 Edited by Hunter5024 (5702 posts) -

Yay Celebi! I believe after him the only event pokemon I still need are Deoxys and the generation 5 ones.

#14 Edited by Chemystery (230 posts) -

So they are just charging for the bank and not the transporter right? I don't want to pay for an application to transfer my pokemon and the subscription fee. That would feel like to many shenanigans to me.

#15 Edited by StrainedEyes (1325 posts) -

@chemystery said:

So they are just charging for the bank and not the transporter right? I don't want to pay for an application to transfer my pokemon and the subscription fee. That would feel like to many shenanigans to me.

No, you need the bank to transfer. That is why they are giving people a free trial month.

#16 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Finally a Celebi. It's the only event Pokemon I've been missing for years.

I kind of hope they regularly give away Pokemon like this through Bank. The subscription may be cheap, but it really doesn't even need to exist. Getting a promo Pokemon or two every month would at least make it feel like my money is going towards something.

#17 Posted by SMTDante89 (2582 posts) -

Instead of creating a new topic on this, apparently the Pokemon Bank has been delayed to an unspecified time due to high traffic on the Nintendo Network.

#18 Edited by JackSukeru (5915 posts) -

@turtlebird95 said:

Just an update after today's Nintendo Direct: If you use Pokemon Bank by September 2014 you get a free Celebi, even if you only use the free trial offered during the first month.

Seriously, who doesn't want one of these?

I want one of those!

The delay is fine with me, I still need to get back and ready my Black 2 game for all the transfers.

#19 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3440 posts) -

Tomorrow's the day! Here I come Shiny Electabuzz!

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4362 posts) -

Instead of creating a new topic on this, apparently the Pokemon Bank has been delayed to an unspecified time due to high traffic on the Nintendo Network.

#21 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3440 posts) -

@colourful_hippie said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@smtdante89 said:

D: Fuuuuuck...

#22 Edited by cmblasko (1251 posts) -

That's unfortunate. I hope they get everything cleared up soon.

#23 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

@colourful_hippie said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@smtdante89 said:

D: Fuuuuuck...

Yeah, the whole e-shop is down. Fuck, it'll be almost February by the time this shit launches.

:(

#24 Edited by Capum15 (4907 posts) -

Ah damn. Gonna have to wait even longer to get a Cyndaquil, Mudkip and Turtwig now. Love those three as starters.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5702 posts) -

So apparently the Pokemon Bank isn't very good at blocking hacked pokemon. While it was up in Japan for a short while people managed to get through less blatant offenders.

#26 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2414 posts) -

@hunter5024: Yeah I heard about that. Going to be more cautious of who I accept battle invitations from now on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.