Alright! We're moving forward with the league. Check this thread.
There's no easy way to stage a league/tournament. It would have to involve PMing your opponent and setting a time with them. If people actually want to put up with that BS then I'll gladly help organize it.
- No legendary Pokemon.
- No tier limits (except the legendary pokedudes) until the Pokemon Bank is out and people can actually develop new tiers. I've already seen Blaziken get it's ass kicked non stop, for example, and that is considered Uber tier on Smogon as of the last round of games. If we there are genuinely OP Pokemon that break the game, we can ban them.
- Seasons would ideally last 1 week unless there are too many players in that particular season. Then we can raise the time limit.
- Whilst having a league or league + playoff system is nice, that would be absolute hell and chaos to organize, maintain, and play. Instead, we jump straight to a knockout tournament system with random pairings. I would create a bracket and update it once or twice a day.
- The winner or a match would post in the thread "hey I won my match against person A" for example. It's a good idea to take a screenshot of the win or upload your battle video to the Global Link so that if someone tries to cheat, we can easily stamp them out. Same goes for the person trying to use banned Pokemon.
- You can't have more than of the same Pokemon in your party.
- Same goes for held items. You can't have 6 "leftovers" for example.
- Battles will be fought using the normal preset (I believe that is what it is called in game) that drops all Pokemon to level 50. This doesn't negate you raising your Pokemon because a lot of great moves are learnt past level 50. In the future if only the hardcore players still want to play then we can consider anything goes rules.
Follow Nintendo's Current 3 Pokemon Rule (which they may update) or use the full 6?
- Ranked matches currently allow only 3 Pokemon (the game says it can update rule changes whenever Nintendo wants).
- Do we want to follow their system or use all 6? I leave the vote to you guys.
The winner gets internet bragging rights (yaaaay)! Anyway, let me know what you think of the idea. Setting up matches would suck hairy ass but the matches themselves would probably be fun.