Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Communication Error in GTS

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

So 80% of my trades in the GTS end in a "Communication Error" where I have to press the 3DS power button to close Pokemon, got back to the system menu and start the game again. It's almost like the 3DS equivalent of the blue screen of death. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm wondering if it's a router settings thing? Or is it a common bug?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By alanm26v5

It's happened to me, at first a lot but less so over time. Or maybe it's server time of day related. Turning off the search filter once you find what you're looking for was suggested and seems to help.

Pugtato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Pugtato

Yeah, I don't think you can use the filter that only shows trades asking for Pokemon you have. That worked for me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Friend of mine was having a similar issue a few days ago: he could Wonder Trade all he wanted, but whenever he tried to use the GTS it would end in a communication error. It didn't soft-lock his game like yours, though.

I personally have never had any communication errors of any kind.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Strange. I've done a fair amount of GTS trading and it hasn't happened to me at all.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

It's happened to me, at first a lot but less so over time. Or maybe it's server time of day related. Turning off the search filter once you find what you're looking for was suggested and seems to help.

That's probably it ... I filter by Pokemon I actually have. I guess I'll just wade through the unreasonable "trade me a lvl 1 Mewtwo for a Magikarp"... that's a slight exaggeration haha

Anyway, thanks everyone. (And for the record I can Wonder Trade no problems, same with direct trading... it's just GTS)

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I've done over 50 GTS trades, apparently, and I've never seen this once.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.