Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Duders, GTS trade is CRAZY

• 53 results
    Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't know how many have used it, but holy crap it's crazy easy to get everything I want.

I have Pokemon X. I started with Fennekin and Squirtle. Using JUST Eevees I was able to trade for all three x and y starters and all genereation 1 starters. I then used a Hounder and got Yveltal! And all these trades literally happened within minutes. I got Yveltal for Hounder in probably 2 minutes...why would someone give it away??

Just use it, its a blessing for 26 year olds like me who don't have any friends with 3DS's.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Welp time to start farming Eevees to get all the starters. Thanks for the advice.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you trade for shit you haven't seen? I don't really care that much about the starters. But there are some other classics I'd like to get, but just haven't been lucky enough to come across. Assuming what I saw was correct and the ones in mind are actually in the game.

Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Can you trade for shit you haven't seen? I don't really care that much about the starters. But there are some other classics I'd like to get, but just haven't been lucky enough to come across. Assuming what I saw was correct and the ones in mind are actually in the game.

Yes, I hadn't seen a Yveltal, you just have to know its name. It's the bottom option when you try to pick a pokemon to trade for..it lets you type in the name.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it lets you type in the name.

Oh man, this changes everything. Thanks for the heads up.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Yes, I hadn't seen a Yveltal, you just have to know its name. It's the bottom option when you try to pick a pokemon to trade for..it lets you type in the name.

Holy shit. I didn't know that. Thanks!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capum15

Don't know how many have used it, but holy crap it's crazy easy to get everything I want.

I have Pokemon X. I started with Fennekin and Squirtle. Using JUST Eevees I was able to trade for all three x and y starters and all genereation 1 starters. I then used a Hounder and got Yveltal! And all these trades literally happened within minutes. I got Yveltal for Hounder in probably 2 minutes...why would someone give it away??

Just use it, its a blessing for 26 year olds like me who don't have any friends with 3DS's.

A Yveltal for an Eevee? ...really?

I saw people wanting those when browsing for starters, but I never thought people would actually do that.

Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:
    @counterclockwork87 said:

A Yveltal for an Eevee? ...really?

I saw people wanting those when browsing for starters, but I never thought people would actually do that.

I got Yveltal for Houndor, the rest for Eevee, but its not like Hounder is any harder to get than Eevee...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: Wow. That's...weird?

Granted I've gotten like 10 Pokemon from the GTS. Starters and a few others, but I didn't think the Legendaries would go.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah it's pretty fucking awesome. I like how it shows the Pokemon too so you can tell if it's a shiny.

Also the amount of people looking for Typhlosions is hilarious.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's probably people either duplicating pokemon with the storage box glitch or self-less samaritans giving away their starters.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Capum15

@trafalgarlaw: Is there even a dupe glitch in X yet? Also your post sent me down a wiki path with me reading up on all the crazy glitches in past Pokemon games. Man, finding Missingno. back in R/B was great.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hatking said:

They let you do that? They never used to.

Fuckin'word.Mew, here I come.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

@trafalgarlaw: Is there even a dupe glitch in X yet? Also your post sent me down a wiki path with me reading up on all the crazy glitches in past Pokemon games. Man, finding Missingno. back in R/B was great.

Duplicating rare candies like crazy!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

Duplicating rare candies like crazy!

That shit was dope. This is the first one I've played since Blue. Trying to get my favorite Pokemon from that era, Sandshrew. Apparently it's either rare in this game, or didn't make the cut. There aren't many available for trade, and people are all asking for crazy shit.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I always see people asking for a Yveltal or Xerneas for the most mundane things. I can't imagine how those trades get fulfilled, it just seems like spamming.

Maybe reeeally hardcore Pokemon people know that they're going to end up playing through the game several times, so they don't value the legendaries as much?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else had problems with it erroring out when trying to trade? I bred two Chespins and Squirtles and went to get the other starters with them. And it took several tries to get working trades. Sometimes it would say that Pokemon has already been traded, which wasn't too big of a deal except when a person would keep coming up in searches. The worst though was when you'd go to trade and it would just say "Communication error, turn off the power" and then you couldn't do anything. Overall I'm impressed that the server backend stuff isn't on fire and worked at launch considering industry trends, and I'm sure it'll sort itself out, but still kind of an annoying experience so far.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Moonshadow101

@alanm26v5: I've definitely had several errors, but usually I just try the same trade again and it works.

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else had problems with it erroring out when trying to trade? I bred two Chespins and Squirtles and went to get the other starters with them. And it took several tries to get working trades. Sometimes it would say that Pokemon has already been traded, which wasn't too big of a deal except when a person would keep coming up in searches. The worst though was when you'd go to trade and it would just say "Communication error, turn off the power" and then you couldn't do anything. Overall I'm impressed that the server backend stuff isn't on fire and worked at launch considering industry trends, and I'm sure it'll sort itself out, but still kind of an annoying experience so far.

I've had this issue as well. If you turn off the filter to search for pokemon you have, it should work fine. I turn on the filter to see if I can trade anything, turn it off after and it goes through no problem.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By koolaid

Really...? Maybe I don't understand it. People put down their pokemon and say what they want in return right? All I see is people offering lvl 1 shellders in exchange for Xerneas.

Also looking for Geodudes and krabbys if anyone gots em

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunter5024

I've been trying to get a Xerneas. The most commonly requested pokemon for that (after Yveltal and Mewtwo) is Feebas, because pokemon players are assholes. I hope they forget to undo it when the pokemon bank launches. That'll show em. I have an army of Feebas at the ready.

I have found that the way to go for GTS is to put your pokemon up and wait for a reasonable person to come and do the trade, cause they usually will. Trying to search through people offering their stuff just leads to a million people looking for legendaries.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's probably people either duplicating pokemon with the storage box glitch or self-less samaritans giving away their starters.

Or putting them in the day care center with a ravaging Ditto...that ravages all pokemon is comes across. I have 4 squirtle , 4 charmanders, 5 bulbasaurs, 5 tyrunts, 3 finnikin, 3 chespin and 4 Froakie by just getting one and having ditto do it.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By CoinMatze

I just put up a request for an Yveltal for a Frogadier with its hidden ability Protean. I feel terrible.

Edit: 5 hours later and somebody totally traded his Yveltal away. That thing is probably cloned/cheated/hacked, right?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I know people go crazy for the starters. In Diamond I breed my Empoleon for Piplups to get all the Pokemon I needed and it worked out.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been awesome since Gen IV.

It's actually just people breeding starters trying to get the right Nature and Ability. I have half a box of Lvl. 1 Froakies, for example.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's pretty addicting hunting for good deals. I ended up getting a Deino for a Magikarp.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have boxes filled with Protean Froakies, Magician Fennekins, and adorable Goomys. Most of the Fennekins have 2-3 31 IVs, but I'm the idiot trying to get a female magician with at least 4 perfect stats.

Always be breeding.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Moonshadow101

@flappy said:

Always be breeding.

Well that's the creepiest thing anyone has ever said ever.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By donchipotle

I have a box full of Skrelp that I use for GTS purposes. Using just Skrelp I have managed to get all the gen 6 and 1 starters, all the non-legendary X exclusives, a Snorunt (So I could get Frosslass <3), and a Ditto.

So anyone playing Y...yo get some Skrelp. Those things are like gold.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@donchipotle:

Do you find them mostly surfing or with a specific rod?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

It's been pretty useful for finding pokemon I want on my team early on.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

I have boxes filled with Protean Froakies, Magician Fennekins, and adorable Goomys. Most of the Fennekins have 2-3 31 IVs, but I'm the idiot trying to get a female magician with at least 4 perfect stats.

Always be breeding.

Are Hidden Ability starters easy to find? I heard something about them being in the Friend Safari, but I'd just like to know if I should be throwing them at my Ditto instead.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once gave away Ho-oh for a Porygon....

and I've never made a better decision in my life. Porygon-Z blasts fools like BRAP! BRAP! BRAP!

Believe it or believe it, some people don't really give a damn about legendaries.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Man, I fucking love the fact that the GTS is available anywhere. Managed to get a Ditto and I will commence using it as a breeding slave to trade away starter Pokemon for other dope ass Pokemon.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redyoshi: Hidden Ability starters (Gen VI, anyway) are pretty easy to get now. If I have dozens of Froakie/Fennekin, I'm sure there are others out there with more. They're in the Friend Safari and they're easy to get; it's just a matter of throwing them at the closest ditto available.

If you need one, I'll throw a couple your way.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: Hm, well if you're sure you have any you don't need, I'll shoot you a PM.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So just how easy is it to screw over little kids with blatantly lopsided trades?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadfan said:

Man, I fucking love the fact that the GTS is available anywhere. Managed to get a Ditto and I will commence using it as a breeding slave to trade away starter Pokemon for other dope ass Pokemon.

Yeah, mine's been in the daycare for like 4 days at this point. He's never leaving.

I like to think he enjoys it. Helps me sleep. Also the fact that I got an Absol helps me sleep, especially since I've trained him since level 1. He's my little False Swiping buddy. Thanks, person who gave me their ditto before I had even gotten the second badge, and thanks, cool guy/lady on Wonder Trade, for giving me an Absol to breed.

I just put up a request for an Yveltal for a Frogadier with its hidden ability Protean. I feel terrible.

Edit: 5 hours later and somebody totally traded his Yveltal away. That thing is probably cloned/cheated/hacked, right?

Jeeze.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By PandaBear

Breeding with Ditto makes breeding in Pokemon too easy. Every starter is a worth the same as a Weedle or Zubat.

Also, watch out for hacked Pokemon. But if you don't care about that just get the iPhone app and make your own... I really hope they crack down on the hacks when the Pokemon Bank launches.

I mean people ask for lvl 1 Mewtwo and all kinds of stupid shit on there. Nintendo should have SOME filters on stupid requests.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear said:

Breeding with Ditto makes breeding in Pokemon too easy. Every starter is a worth the same as a Weedle or Zubat.

Except people actually want the starters, so they're inherently worth way more. Also you don't need a ditto to mass breed. There are almost always common Pokemon in the same breeding category that would let you do just the same. Fennekin can breed with Rattata for gods sake. (Or Bunnelby, for this gen's Rattata.)

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@zeik said:

@pandabear said:

Except people actually want the starters, so they're inherently worth way more. Also you don't need a ditto to mass breed. There are almost always common Pokemon in the same breeding category that would let you do just the same. Fennekin can breed with Rattata for gods sake. (Or Bunnelby, for this gen's Rattata.)

Yeah, but it's the female that determines the breed. And the majority of the starters are male. Without Ditto the starters would have been harder to get. It's not a huge deal, just an observation.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@driadon said:

@donchipotle:

Do you find them mostly surfing or with a specific rod?

I imagine you can get them with a super rod, but all you need is a good rod. Once you get that, start fishing in Cyllage City. You'll run into a bunch of Skrelp there and sometimes a Horsea will pop up to say hello.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I have the fortune of having the Pokerus and also a bunch of togepi in my friend safari, so I've been milking stuff out of that for a while until I eventually build up my ultimate pokemon team. Need to get Yvetal now, clearly.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By overnow

I kept putting down level 19-20 Eevees and asking for low level starters. Basically every time I'd catch a new Eevee I'd look at my the one I'd deposited for a trade and it would have already been excepted. Just did this over and over until I had all of the starters.

Also lots of people are trading Haunter, Machoke, Kadabra, etc for another of the same one just to evolve.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2 Xerneas and 2 Yveltals now. should I stop? I had 3 Yveltals but I traded one away for a technician breloom.

LetsGameFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now, don't get me wrong, but the legendary pokemon don't seem that good, apart from events or the beast/birds, so in other words, main ones like groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, Reshiram, Xerneas, and Yveltal, don't feel like that good, as they're part of the main story, however ones like Zapdos, Mew, Mewtwo, Suicune, Zygarde, Giratina, Cresselia, Victini, etc... Are more of a challenge, the only reason i traded my Yveltal is because It was a foreign Ditto, so easy to get shinies with it.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't know, my Xerneas seems to be kicking ass right now, and my younger brother says the same thing about his Yveltal.

Then again, this game is much easier than previous gens.

Anyways, I just see all that stuff as trade spam. I didn't realize people actually did those trades.

Bobchug747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow a load of breeders got their hands on all the starters and started breeding them. Now I have every single starter pokemon. You jelly? ;)

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be "jelly" if I didn't already have them all already myself. They're easy to get, just get one from someone, breed copies and go nuts on the GTS.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@theblue: getting at least first form of every pokemon is pretty easy. The only pokemon worth anything are all those legendaries and shiny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.