Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Flareon Move Set

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chemystery

I was just curious if any bothered evolving a Flareon to see if they finally gave it some decent moves. I'm trying to get to it now but it's taking me a while.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

According to Serebii, Flareon still seems pretty limited in its moveset.

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SpaceBoat

Serebii says Flareon learns Flare Blitz now, which I think is pretty significant.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Like SpaceBoat said, he learns Flare Blitz now, which always seemed like a no brainer. It's one of the only decent physical fire moves. Though I'm quite certain he doesn't have the bulk to pull it off. He still doesn't have shit for coverage, though people haven't discovered egg moves yet so that might change things. Most of Eevee's evolutions have limited movepools.

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flareon has pretty good special defense, but I don't think it has the speed to pull off much, even with Flare Blitz. You're right about it's other defensive stats though. I don't think it will last long either way, with such low HP.

But hey, if you're a fan of Flareon, or want to use one in the single player, as least it has a STAB attack that uses its (much higher) attack stat. Something that isn't just Flame Charge.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

According to Serebii, Flareon still seems pretty limited in its moveset.

Ack. I didn't even think to actually check. Thanks to everyone for all the useful advice!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.