GB Pokemon League Archive

#51 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@dogman795 said:

What's the policy on mega-evolution?

No policy, it's totally cool for season 1.

We aree now at 22 players. The following players will have to play in the qualifying first round for sure (they were not part of the original 16) due to the format: wess, darthorange, colinwrightt, hachor, brokemon, dogman. The other round 1 slots will be shuffled.

#52 Posted by SteepInKline (161 posts) -

I signed up to be on the waiting list - my trainer name's Tom, and my friend code is 3222-6101-2935.

#53 Posted by ThaMilkMan (343 posts) -

Wanted to say my name on the bracket is ThaMilk and my fc is 3093-7398-3347

#54 Posted by GoranP (1115 posts) -

Just to be clear you don't have to post your FC in the thread (unless you simply want to) since everyone will be PMing each other.

#55 Posted by mattscout007 (86 posts) -

Ah well, waiting list for me too. Trainer name is Watson, and 3DS friends name is Matt.

#56 Posted by MasterVerhoffin (135 posts) -

I decided to throw my (overpriced Luminose City) hat into the ring, even though I'm pretty terrible :P. Let's see how this goes!

#57 Posted by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

Alright, I'm feeling ready now.

My Trainer name is Matt and my friends list name is also Matt. Which could get kind of confusing because it seems like there's another Matt here. I have my favorite color set to green, if that makes a difference.

#58 Posted by GoranP (1115 posts) -

I will publish the teams when I have all of them so that could also help differentiate you, no worries. We are now up to 24 people! The following will have to play in the qualifying first round because they were not a part of the first 16: wess, darthorange, colinwrightt, hachor, brokemon, dogman, steepinkline, mattscout. Other round 1 competitors will be shuffled.

#59 Posted by MasterVerhoffin (135 posts) -

@goranp: Did you miss me, or am I the only one getting excluded? It looks like it should be 25.

#60 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (138 posts) -

Been busy past few days, will sort out my team by the weekend!

#61 Posted by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

3 of my 6 were just born and I have midterms the next two weeks :(

Worst comes to worst I'll just use the team I used to beat the elite four and blame that when I lose :P

Any ETA for when this will roughly start?

#62 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@masterverhoffin : Sorry, but an odd number of participants would be even more unfair than the current system of placement. Hopefully someone else joins in before the deadline tonight!

3 of my 6 were just born and I have midterms the next two weeks :(

Worst comes to worst I'll just use the team I used to beat the elite four and blame that when I lose :P

Any ETA for when this will roughly start?

Likely 2 days after the registration cut off.

#63 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Damn, my plan of rolling six deep on Caterpie isn't allowed.

#64 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

i haven't finished the game yet so i cant enter this season but is there likely to be a second? i should have a good team ready and raring for competition when this seasons over

#65 Posted by Itwongo (1097 posts) -

Found out a way to fast-track EV training yesterday. You'll need either the Macho Brace or the Power items you can buy post-game in the Battle Maison, a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent, and Pokerus, if you can get it.

Give the Pokemon you want to train the Brace or Power item of your choosing to hold, and infect it with Pokerus.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/hordes.shtml

Use this list to find out which horde you should look for and where to find it. Click on the Pokemon and look on the page for a box labeled "Effort Values Earned" to figure out which Pokemon gives what stat and how much of it. When you have your target, go there.

Stand in the tall grass or wherever you're supposed to encounter these hordes, and use Sweet Scent. When you use Sweet Scent outside of battle while standing in tall grass when the weather's clear, you will always summon a horde battle. If you're lucky, you'll get the one you're looking for.

Once you have the right horde, beat the SNOT outta them. Beat them as fast as possible to save time. This is where area attacks like Earthquake or Surf come in handy.

Macho Brace and Pokerus double the amount of EV's you get for beating Pokemon. Power items give 4 EV's in a specific stat before multiplication. In horde battles, EV's are dealt per individual Pokemon defeated.

As an example, fighting a horde of Zangoose with Pokerus+Macho Brace will net you 40 Attack EV's. With Pokerus+Power Bracer, you will net 60 Attack EV's.

#66 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@itwongo: Meh, Super Training is a nice, fun break in gameplay. Keeps it from getting stale. It is insane how quickly you can do it with hordes though.

#67 Posted by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

@itwongo: Meh, Super Training is a nice, fun break in gameplay. Keeps it from getting stale. It is insane how quickly you can do it with hordes though.

For super training do they just need to hit the bags or do they need to do the activities as well? I have a Machamp that just destroys the activities in seconds and earns a bag. Can I just accumulate bags and use them with another pokemon or does it have to do the minigame as well?

#68 Posted by Itwongo (1097 posts) -

@gunslingerpanda: I'm not saying it isn't, I like Super Training too. I just mean if you're pressed for time before the tournament, there's a solution.

#69 Edited by Sheeana (6 posts) -

For super training do they just need to hit the bags or do they need to do the activities as well? I have a Machamp that just destroys the activities in seconds and earns a bag. Can I just accumulate bags and use them with another pokemon or does it have to do the minigame as well?

You could just accumulate bags on one pokemon to use on another but the evs gained from the mini-games would kinda go to waste. I think the fastest way to use super training is to do a handful of the level 3 mini-games, go back and use any of the L level bags and repeat.

#70 Posted by MasterVerhoffin (135 posts) -

@sheeana said:

@darthorange said:

You could just accumulate bags on one pokemon to use on another but the evs gained from the mini-games would kinda go to waste. I think the fastest way to use super training is to do a handful of the level 3 mini-games, go back and use any of the L level bags and repeat.

That's also how I've been doing it and it works well enough. I just wish it kept track of the total stat gains so far for you.

#71 Posted by Wess (94 posts) -

My 3DS name and trainer name are both Wess. Will send along my team name.

Is this starting this weekend? And what kind of time allotment will there be to coordinate and complete a match?

Looking forward to it!

#72 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@wess: Yes, this Saturday. As for matches it is entirely up to you schedule them with your opponents but you will have plenty of time. The season finishes on November 8, so you gotta get the matches in before or by then.

#73 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

Only 12 people have registered their teams so far. Don't forget to do that or you will not be able to participate.

#74 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@goranp: Could you add a link to the Challonge page in a more prominent position in the original post? I had to dig through the spoilered text to find it so adding a link further up might help others.

Oh, I had another question. Where is/How do I access this battle replay upload function? I haven't seen it any where on Pokemon GL or in game.

#75 Posted by Itwongo (1097 posts) -
#76 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

My 3DS name and trainer name are both Dylan. Good luck to everyone involved.

#77 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Both my trainer name and my 3DS are named Frank. Looking forward to participating.

#78 Posted by MasterWGS (42 posts) -

Whoo, didn't realize I hadn't checked in the last couple days. Almost missed the cutoff. Ready to battle errbody.

#79 Edited by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

Think we can soften the deadline up to 12 pm Pacific for any stragglers? If not then I am out because I was late too :(

If I am still good then here is my info:

• Trainer Name/Friends List Name: Marco
  • Bracket Name: DarthOrange

Good Luck and may you all Have Batman.

#80 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@gunslingerpanda said:

@goranp: Could you add a link to the Challonge page in a more prominent position in the original post? I had to dig through the spoilered text to find it so adding a link further up might help others.

Oh, I had another question. Where is/How do I access this battle replay upload function? I haven't seen it any where on Pokemon GL or in game.

Once you finish a battle it asks you if you want a replay saved (as long as you've game synced). In theory, the replay would show up on the site (but this is Nintendo we're talking about.I'll put the bracket in a more visible place.

I've also received a couple of late team registrations but with good reason. Since I'm not updating the thread until a little later on Saturday, you now have until I post the teams to register your team or be disqualified.

#81 Edited by Itwongo (1097 posts) -

@goranp: Where did you hear that it would show up on Pokemon GL? I can't find any mention of it on the internet or in-game.

I have found out you can upload battles that you can watch in-game using the Versus Recorder, though.

#82 Posted by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think you can watch them on Pokemon GL, which is kind of a shame. But you can download other videos and watch them in game. If you've synced, you can select videos to upload, which gives you a code for that video. To watch other videos, you just enter the code.

#83 Posted by GoranP (1115 posts) -

Oh wow, I've been totally misinformed. That's a bummer and a half! Ah well, I'll update the first post when I post the teams later today.

#85 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

Forgot to mention my trainer name and friend list name are both Adam.

Also, are we using Sleep Clause? Please say we're using Sleep Clause.

#86 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

Season 1 has kicked off! Good luck everyone.

@gunslingerpanda said:

Forgot to mention my trainer name and friend list name are both Adam.

Also, are we using Sleep Clause? Please say we're using Sleep Clause.

Anything goes apart from the few rules mentioned in the first post. We can later vote on restrictions for future seasons.

#87 Edited by Itwongo (1097 posts) -

@goranp: Oh jeez.

Trainer/3ds name: Cole

And don't forget to post the Replay Code for your battle in this thread!

#88 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Yo. I got an email saying I was removed from the tournament.

#89 Posted by GoranP (1115 posts) -

@breadfan: That's because you never registered a team (it's part of the regulations we've set up and has been in the first post since the day it was posted).

#90 Posted by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

Man, some of these teams are pretty hardcore. It should be interesting to watch, good luck everyone.

#91 Posted by Itwongo (1097 posts) -

Wow, I expected a lot more people to be repping Blaziken in this.

#92 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@itwongo: I was hoping to see more Blazikens :( They're real easy to kill.

If anyone is interested in using my teamspeak server for the tournament, send me a PM and I'll give you the details for it.

#93 Edited by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

I just fought SebastianK94 and won.

If anyone is interested in watching the battle, the code is JHJW-WWWW-WWW2-XL5E

It was a really good battle that came down to our last Pokemon! But I think his Garchomp was Choice Banded into Earthquake and my Aegislash has an Air Balloon. :(

#94 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@spaceboat: There's a letter missing from the third line of your replay code :(

#95 Posted by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

Oh, ha, it's also a W. My heart's still pounding.

JHJW-WWWW-WWW2-XL5E

#96 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

@spaceboat: Just saw the replay, that was a really good match.

#97 Posted by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

Where do you go to watch the replays?

#98 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

@darkshaper said:

You need to do it in game. While connected to the internet use the Vs. Recorder then press "Search by code" then enter the replay code.

#99 Edited by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@darkshaper said:

You need to do it in game. While connected to the internet use the Vs. Recorder then press "Search by code" then enter the replay code.

Ah ok thanks!

#100 Posted by DarthOrange (3800 posts) -

Just saw the replay. There goes what little confidence I had :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.