Luchadeer's Friendly Yet Deadly Pokemon League Season 3
Season 3 has kicked off! Unfortunately I don't have time to post the teams today but I will do that asap. If you play some matches before they get posted, just double check that your opponent wasn't trying to pull a fast one on you. Good luck and have batman! Season end date is Dec. 15.
Update: Hey guys sorry to be a pain but I really don't have the time to put together that team list (yes, I know it doesn't take that long), so just post your teams in the thread this time around (no need to post moves). Sorry for the trouble, and if the tournament takes longer to complete because of this, we'll extend the deadline.
Rules/Logistics for Season 3. Read this or suffer the world's most painful death!
1. You are to battle with the "normal" preset that sets all Pokemon to level 50. This season we are doing a best of 3 for every match (meaning you have to win 2 games against your opponent to advance) with a double elimination format (winners/losers brackets).
2. You are allowed to have a full team of 6 pokedudes, though you can have less if you're crazy. You may also have up to 3 subs. So you can have a total of 9 Pokemon eligible to participate.
2. B) In a best of 3 set, you cannot make subs if you won the previous match. So if you're 1 - 0 up that means you have to play the next game with your previous team of 6. However, losers of the latest game in a best of 3 set can use up to all 3 of their subs. So for example if you win 1 then lose the next game, you are allowed to make up to 3 subs for the final game.
C) The original 6 you register must be the starting team for the first game in a set.
3. If you are in the the tournament, you must PM me your 9 pokedudes that you will use for this season. Failure to do so results in exclusion (more details with point no. 9.
4. No legendary Pokemon, and at least 1 Pokemon from your overall team of 9 must be from the new generation.
5. You can't have more than 1 of the same pokedude in your party, and the same goes for held items (so you can't have 6 leftovers for example). Items are locked to their pokedude, so you can't have leftovers on Dragonite in one fight but Mudkip in the other.
6. When a match is over, update your score on the bracket and post in this thread if you won or lost (we don't need both of you to post/update, just one).
7. Include replay codes of your matches in your posts so that everyone else can also see them.
8. Do not use this thread to set up match times/friend codes with your opponents, please use the PM system for that.
9. Registration for season 2 will end on Nov 12. The tournament will start on Nov 15 (again, you must register you team with me by then).
10. We will decide the length of the season when we see how many players have signed up. As always, it is a good idea to take a picture of your victory/the opponent's team in case someone here tries to grief.
11. Registration priority will, as always, be given to GB members that have not simply signed up to the site for the sake of this tournament.