I haven't bought/seriously played since FireRed/LeafGreen

#1 Posted by theimmortalbum (416 posts) -

... and X and Y are seriously drawing me back in. What the hell? I was in fourth grade when Red and Blue came out and that's all I played. And here I am, with a job and a daughter, and I'm considering buying the new Pokemon on Sunday.

That's really crazy to me, that this series has been this long lasting.

#2 Posted by DarthOrange (3495 posts) -

I also have not played a Pokemon since Fire Red. This seems like the perfect time to jump back in.

#3 Posted by RavenousJoker (50 posts) -

I have not missed a generation yet.

#4 Edited by DonChipotle (2655 posts) -

Pokemon is still a solid series.

Ain't ever too old for some Pokemon

#5 Posted by Nefarious_Al (97 posts) -

I've never played a Pokemon game. I'm gameflyin' X.

#6 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2140 posts) -

I've seen a lot of people jumping back into Pokemon with X and Y. Welcome back!

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (5955 posts) -

Yep, I'm a grown ass adult, and for some reason I've decided that now is the time to finally play one of these Pokemon games. There's a lot of hype and excitement floating around in the Twittersphere and forums, and I want to get in on that action.

#8 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2590 posts) -

I think this is probably the game to play. The updated graphics has kinda gotten me excited about this game. I own one game of each generation and I think the last one I played to a point of trying to "catch them all" was Platinum. I'm getting funny nostalgic feelings when playing this one, I couldn't say the same when playing through Soulsilver, pokemon white, and pokemon black 2. Well I kinda lied I couldn't finish White or Black 2 probably cause I felt the nintendo burnt out feeling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.