Pokemon Fossiles

#1 Posted by Enav (2 posts) -

How do I evolve my Tyrunt? Plzzzzzz Help

#2 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (138 posts) -

Level it up to 40 I think.

#4 Posted by Enav (2 posts) -

Mines LVL 45 :(

#5 Edited by Snail (8580 posts) -

@enav: Well I wrote quite a bit but the site chose to delete everything? Basically I advised you check out Bulbapedia, Marriland, and Serebii for information on this pokémon, and how it can evolve.

I just checked and Bulbapedia says the pokémon's evolution method is "currently unknown". Anyway, when it is known, these will definitely be among the first "wiki" sources where you'll be able to find that info.

You can also keep searching online forums though, something might turn up there.

#6 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (138 posts) -

Mine evolved around level 40. Could involve time of day?

#7 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I've heard a few people say it might be about level 39 and be morning in the game. I can't test this myself, but I've read it two or three times so maybe it's worth a shot?

#8 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2308 posts) -

@spacekangaroo said:

I've heard a few people say it might be about level 39 and be morning in the game. I can't test this myself, but I've read it two or three times so maybe it's worth a shot?

I got mine at level 39 and it was around 7PM for me when it happened. Not entirely sure what the deal is with this Pokemon.

#9 Posted by Zeik (2223 posts) -

Friendliness?

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5542 posts) -

Pokemon become more powerful through their bond with their trainer. Friendship is the key to their power. Maybe you just don't love him enough.

#11 Edited by Quid_Pro_Bono (238 posts) -

Yeah bulbapedia is saying 39. My Tyrunt is only 21 right now, but it seems pretty damn strong. Someone absolutely pushed my shit in online with a Tyrantrum.

ED: Did anyone take the sail fossil? Just seemed like the wrong choice, name wise.

#12 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (238 posts) -

@zeik: Like, walk around a lot with them. Use pokemon-amie to rub them, feed them pokepuffs, that kind of shit. There's a "love" mechanic, and some pokemon need to love you and then be leveled up to evolve. Azurill to Marill, for instance.

#13 Edited by Zeik (2223 posts) -

@zeik: Like, walk around a lot with them. Use pokemon-amie to rub them, feed them pokepuffs, that kind of shit. There's a "love" mechanic, and some pokemon need to love you and then be leveled up to evolve. Azurill to Marill, for instance.

That was more a question about whether that applied to this Pokemon than what it was. Although as I understand it, the "love" mechanic that you can raise through Amie is different than the one you get from using them and keeping them from dying, which is the one required to evolve.

#14 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

You need to level Tyrunt up to Lvl. 39 or higher while it's daytime. (4:00am - 6:59pm)

The other fossil, Amaura, is the same just at night. (7:00pm - 3:59am)

Source

Very few Pokémon evolve based on their happiness.

#15 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (238 posts) -

@zeik: Oh whoops! I misunderstood what you were asking. I didn't know that the pokemon-amie thing is a separate mechanic - that kind of makes it more useless! Interesting info though!

#16 Posted by Zeik (2223 posts) -

@zeik: Oh whoops! I misunderstood what you were asking. I didn't know that the pokemon-amie thing is a separate mechanic - that kind of makes it more useless! Interesting info though!

Well I think it has it's own benefits. I believe it increases exp gain and some other stuff.

#17 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

@zeik said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

Well I think it has it's own benefits. I believe it increases exp gain and some other stuff.

Some pokemon only evolve with it.

It also make the game ridiculously easy, it like increases crit rate as well and sometimes your pokemon will hold on w/1HP when they shouldn't.

#18 Posted by Brent (28 posts) -

@zeik said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

Some pokemon only evolve with it.

It also make the game ridiculously easy, it like increases crit rate as well and sometimes your pokemon will hold on w/1HP when they shouldn't.

Some pokemon evolutions only occur when pokemon are affectionate enough, like Eevee to Sylveon. Other benefits are permanent once the pokemon's affection maxes out (5 hearts)

The full list of Amie benefits is this:

The pokemon in question will get a 20% boost to exp gain

The Pokemon is more likely to shrug off status effects (paralysis, poison, etc)

The pokemon is more likely to land a critical hit

The pokemon is more likely to evade attacks

The pokemon is more likely to be unaffected by status change moves

The pokemon will sometimes hold at 1HP from a move that should have KO'd it

The text in battles changes to reflect the "bond" maintained by the trainer and the pokemon (the pokemon will look over their shoulder, as if listening to the trainer, instead of "what should Eevee do?" it will say "Eevee is awaiting Trainer's instructions..." and the like.

#19 Posted by Jawshua (253 posts) -

Serebii says that it levels at 39 during the day time.

#20 Edited by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Yeah it is the day time for Tyrunt since my Amaura evolved at night.

#21 Edited by alanm26v5 (437 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: I leveled my Amaura at 4AM, but it didn't evolve. I have no idea what times day and night start though.

Edit: Night must start at 8PM because it didn't evolve at 7:30 but it did after 8. Hope that helps someone.

#22 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I got lucky and got a female Tyrunt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.