Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Pokemon Gen. 6 begins - Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just announced.

• 156 results
    DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#151  Edited By DonutFever

I like Froakie. Dude looks hella unhinged. 

Fennekin is too furry-ish for my tastes, but I imagine the final evolution would be pretty badass for it.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Levio

I can't wait to bond with all these Pokemon. Hopefully they expand upon the bonding gameplay so it's not just an insignificant diversion from the battling.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @rockyhorrorgerri

@MariachiMacabre said:

@rockyhorrorgerri

I watched the press release, looks pretty awesome, considering investing in a 3DS now. But they want to incorporate more co-op and connection worldwide, does this mean that it may hold some functionality for becoming an MMO. Granted I play PokeMMO and I get my fill and it IS the internet, but still that would make this game perfect.

They mentioned it will use some sort of online thing to connect to other players but I didn't see anything more. I doubt it's MMO stuff. I doubt you'll see other players but even just being able more easily duel your friends would be great.

Yeah I realize it wouldn't be others walking around the whole time, but I feel like there should be a set area where this could be a thing :/ Then it'd be perfect.

Yeah that'd be great. Basically Safari Zone but with the addition of others who can challenge you and help you find Pokemon.
    Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

My favorite thing about this announcement is how the internet is flipping the fuck out over the game being 3D. It's not the end of the world, guys! This means Gamefreak can spend less time making hundreds of individual sprites of animation for 600+ different Pokemon and instead focus more time on refining the core mechanics of the game.

I'm super excited for this. I didn't really like Black and White all that much after the initial hype of "new pokemon game" wore off. But the jump to 3D looks like a breath of fresh air in the series. Also glad it's continuing the tradition of new Pokemon looking really dumb and reassures that my entire team will again, like the past 10+ years, be made up of only Generation 1 and 2 Pokemon. Froakie looks pretty boss though. It all depends on his evolutions.

I'll probably be going with version X. Always went with the cooler color versions over the warmer colors in the past.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By Hunter5024

So I just watched the actual press release, and I feel like he used very particular language at the end when he said you can use "some of" your old favorites. Do you guys think maybe this will be a Ruby and Sapphire situation where you're not allowed to transfer between previous versions? I mean this game was made super quick, and I could see them doing that if it meant they wouldn't have to model and animate 700 different pokemon right off the bat.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By k9

It has been a long long time since I have owned a handheld. And my only reason for owning gameboy 10+ years ago was for pokemon games. Maybe if this game gets praised for its combat system I will consider buying a 3DS. The combat has to be excellent + more dragon type pokemons; the best pokemon type.

No Caption Provided
    Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Grim_2_

I'm pretty hype for this really but I really hope they add a lot more type combination.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Sploder

I love the fucking frog

also

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.