Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Potential Game Breaking Bug Found

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I wonder if players will have to mail physical copies of their game to Nintendo again. I wonder if those who bought a digital copy will have to mail their 3DS.

Hopefully they'll patch this. I'm not sure if I've ever received a SpotPass notification for a patch download, and I don't think I've ever downloaded one when opening a 3DS game, but it should be entirely possible right? It's most likely happened before, I imagine.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the heads up. I'd rage so hard if I had to restart.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

I wonder if players will have to mail physical copies of their game to Nintendo again. I wonder if those who bought a digital copy will have to mail their 3DS.

Hopefully they'll patch this. I'm not sure if I've ever received a SpotPass notification for a patch download, and I don't think I've ever downloaded one when opening a 3DS game, but it should be entirely possible right? It's most likely happened before, I imagine.

Only game I paid attention to that patched was Mario Kart, and it only made you if you tried to play online.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@snail said:

nintendo does have the option on the 3ds to patch a game however it requires people to go to the e-shop to download it, they have done it before with Mario kart and i believe EU copies of devil survivor overclock

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

@snail said:

Haha supposedly the eShop version of Zero Escape is fixed though they didn't patch the retail card. And also Mario Kart 7 had an online patch. I'd imagine with something as big as Pokemon they'll come up with something. They update stuff all the time on the digital side, adding content and whatnot.

I heard in a review that the 3D is a mess and ruins the frame rate. Any confirmations on that? I wonder if they could patch that.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redyoshi

I heard in a review that the 3D is a mess and ruins the frame rate. Any confirmations on that? I wonder if they could patch that.

The game stutters a bit for me whenever they show a close up of both Pokemon's faces during a battle, and sometimes when I walk into a town where it's rainy. It's nothing huge, but it's noticeable. 3D has no effect outside of battle anyway, except for specific areas, so I mostly play with it off.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mormonwarrior: 3D lowers the framerate in battle mostly during attack animations, but even when 3D is disabled, there's some noticeable framerate drop sometimes when the camera changes angles.

Jollus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jollus

@chemystery: I don't see how that SD card fix would help with the eShop version. Pull the SD card and you can't launch the game.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jollus said:

@chemystery: I don't see how that SD card fix would help with the eShop version. Pull the SD card and you can't launch the game.

I'm not sure either. It's just what I saw. Maybe by pulling it out and putting it back it gets rid of some sort of cache or something? I just figured a rumor of a solution is better than nothing.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did "that one dude what's on gamefaqs" become a reliable source of video game news? Until a major outlet reports this, I wouldn't be too worried.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the heads up.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

This is indeed a bug. I was able to replicate by saving next to one of the taxis near the end of the district where they tell you not to go any further. Did it before I found this thread though. Just lost 12 hours of game time. :(

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Did the SD card thing work for you?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scrawnto

Good to know. It sounds like something I should be able to avoid pretty easily now that I know about it.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Shucks. That's a bummer. Not surprised that goofy town breaks something somewhere, though. Ugh, that camera~

At least it's an easy thing to avoid.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chemystery

Shucks. That's a bummer. Not surprised that goofy town breaks something somewhere, though. Ugh, that camera~

At least it's an easy thing to avoid.

I have no idea how anyone thought that camera was a good idea.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CynicalBuzzard

That would have to suck to have to start over from scratch.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By afabs515
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gike987

@superkenon: Always use the bike in that city, it makes the camera more bearable.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean one can catch a Missingno in X/Y?

brent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There is a user found fix for this bug to force the game to load the save. When loading the game, press the home button while the screen is still black before the music starts. If done properly, the game will load.

Nintendo has stated that they will be releasing a fix for this bug on the eShop, so the game will be patched.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's Nintendo's response.

If you're pretty far in the game and this happens to you, wait for this patch before you delete your data. Otherwise try some of the various troubleshoots people have come up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamranmackey: I'm pretty sure it works like the Mario Kart 7 patch. Nintendo could have worded that nicer lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.