Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Rumor: Huge list of Mega Evolutions leaked

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Source

If this is legit, holy fucking shit! Every single starter from gens 1-5 (presumably 6 too, but who knows) is on here. This has me ridiculously excited because, well, if I was to compile a list of my top 10 Pokemon, like 90% of them are on this list.

So what do you guys think? Is this legit, or is there no way this can be real. If it is real, HOW FUCKING EXCITED ARE YOU TO DIGIVOLVE?!

Of course be sure to take this rumor with a gigantic grain of salt, as to me this sounds way too good to be true. A few things to consider:

• Wobbuffet is already really powerful.
    • Gyarados and Aerodactyl were on a list of recently trademarked Pokemon (many of which have Mega Evolutions) and are absent here.
    • The picture looks like it'd be really easy to Photoshop.

If anyone has any other evidence that this rumor could be phony (or if it officially gets debunked) let me know and I'll add it to the OP.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Gengar, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, AND Emboar? Okay. Cool. I was hoping they'd include Gengar.

Because Gengar is the best Pokemon.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This doesn't show any mega evolution pokemon though, we've seen most of these pokemon in some form or another.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

Mega Gengar go hard!. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Gyarados? Well, Gyarados is pretty much the most badass pokemon out there anyway, so that's cool.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sad part about pokemon is they say you'll catch them all, that's the goal. In truth you will never catch them all.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Zangoose is already the best Pokemon.

Seems redundant.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Mega Alakazam, Mega Gengar, Mega Scizor, Mega Dragonite, Mega Tyrannitar, Mega Heracross, Mega Salamence, Mega Gallade, Mega Zoroark, Mega Terminator Bug I forget the name of? Seems like they have most of their bases covered (guess it was too much to hope for Mega Jolteon)

I am really intrigued as to how useful mega evolutions will be. They look cool and I guess allow some variety in pokemon skills, but will they be significantly better than standard pokemon? I get some pokemon (like Absol and most starters) needing a bit of a boost to be competitive, but pokemon like Mewtwo and Gengar are already pretty top-tier. It seems mega evolutions could just be a battling gimmick and have no use in competitions, allow pokemon to run different movesets and take different roles, or completely change the balance of the metagame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wobbuffet is on the list.

No, I don't think this is real.

Excited if it does turn out legit, though. Volcarona has been paying off for me quite well already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Gyarados? Well, Gyarados is pretty much the most badass pokemon out there anyway, so that's cool.

There was a list that came out awhile ago of recently trademarked Pokemon and Gyarados was on it. Many of those Pokemon were announced to have Mega Evolutions, so there might still be hope!

Though to be honest this picture should be taken with a giant grain of salt because it sounds way too good to be true.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As my favorite pokemon, I wish Arcanine was on this list.

Still not sure if I like the mega-evolution concept, especially since it means that some of these pokemon, like Mawile/Kangaskhan/Lapras, that I want to get evolutions/should probably get evolutions, probably won't.

At least with the way they're setting it up (character needs the watch thingy) if it ends up not working they could just scrap this whole idea for the next gen of games.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alakazam is already Mega, can't get any better.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please someone explain this mega-evolution thing to me? And what's this I hear about digivolving in my pOKEMAN!!?!?!?

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please someone explain this mega-evolution thing to me? And what's this I hear about digivolving in my pOKEMAN!!?!?!?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@gnatsol said:

You give a pokeman an item to hold and during a battle they can activate the item to go Super Saiyan and get super buffed up powers. Once the battle ends they revert to normal. Below is a super top secret leaked photo I found of Pikachu's new form when I google image searched Pikachu Super Saiyan.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnatsol said:

In battle, if you have an eligible Pokeman and the proper Mega Stone equipped, you can trigger the Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution changes the Pokemon's appearance to some extent, and gives them a unique ability which usually grants them a particular stat boost. Some Pokemon even get a new type.

It really is more fan service than anything. If you look at the confirmed Pokemon to have a Mega Evolution most of them are fan favorites. As for the Digivolving thing lol it's basically what mega evolution really is. Your trainer gets a wristwatch thing and when the bond between you and your Pokeman is strong enough, he can Mega Evolve! (That's exactly how Digivolving works)

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: If pikachu won't take a thunderstone and use it, what makes you think it'll agree to that?

Surge: "SHUT IT DOWN!"

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

They can't make Volcarona look any better, which means...

Galvantula I would be excited for though, I wasn't as fond of its look compared to Joltik's simple design and silent, creepy vibrating.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

That's a pretty decent list, the only ones who aren't on there who I'd really want to see are Gyarados, Marowak, and Arcanine. Honestly though, no one should believe this leak. Something about Pokemon games just invites people to make shit up, I've seen so many rumors before every Pokemon game that never panned out. More so than any other franchise I can think of.

@lyisa said:

Excited if it does turn out legit, though. Volcarona has been paying off for me quite well already.

Fun Fact: Wobbuffet is already one of the most powerful pokemon in the game.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Garchomp with a Mega Evolution?! I feel like triggering that should just end the game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Niceanims

Gotta be fake. So many rumors and fakes are being slung around that you really need to take this stuff with a grain of salt. My personal problems with it mainly lie with Wobbuffet. He's already so powerful and good at what he does, there's very, very little they can do to make him better. Also, a lot of these guys are already ultra-powerhouses that reeeaaaally don't need an upgrade, and seeing them alongside a lot of pokemon that are so desperately in need of a boost creates this weird dichotomy.

That said, I'd totally be down with what this chart is serving up in terms of megas.

The new issue of corocoro magazine is out soon (now?) and they have a rock-solid track record for revealing legit shit. News of what's new will hit later this week. Supposedly there's at least one new mega revealed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a pretty decent list, the only ones who aren't on there who I'd really want to see are Gyarados, Marowak, and Arcanine. Honestly though, no one should believe this leak. Something about Pokemon games just invites people to make shit up, I've seen so many rumors before every Pokemon game that never panned out. More so than any other franchise I can think of.

@lyisa said:

Fun Fact: Wobbuffet is already one of the most powerful pokemon in the game.

I know, but for reasons that having a mega evolution won't make better. Thats why I don't think its real.

zadepsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty sure its fake at this point. Mega Gyrados has been confirmed i believe, and he's not even listed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.