So these have to have every Pokemon right?

• 75 results
#51 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

So let's say that not all 10,000 Pokemon are in X/Y - then how do you get the old ones into the game? If I remember correctly in the DS games you would insert a GBA cartridge to import older Pokemon into Pal Park. As far as I know, there isn't a way to have 2 games inserted into the 3DS at once, so how would you get access to the Pokemon not present in X/Y?

Most likely you would miss out on the Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald Pokemon since those were the only GBA games. Red/Blue and Gold/Silver pokemon are in SoulSilver/HeartGold. Then you have the other DS games, Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, Black/White, and Black 2/White 2.

#52 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@SamStrife said:

@Canteu said:

@SamStrife: NOBODY LIKES GEN IV!

I can name around a dozen GEN IV pokemon that are fine, maybe even double that if I'm feeling generous. Gen V though, there's like 5, if that.

Oh you're talking about the actual Pokemon of that gen, not the quality of the games. Cause Gen IV games were dog shit. Gen V is the best the actual game has been since Gen II.

That's true.

#53 Posted by Boboblaw (329 posts) -

@SamStrife said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@SamStrife said:

@Canteu said:

I can name around a dozen GEN IV pokemon that are fine, maybe even double that if I'm feeling generous. Gen V though, there's like 5, if that.

Oh you're talking about the actual Pokemon of that gen, not the quality of the games. Cause Gen IV games were dog shit. Gen V is the best the actual game has been since Gen II.

That's true.

Yeah that's not wrong, despite the fact I probably put more hours into Pearl then any other Pokemon game, the games really lacked content compared to HG/SS and B/W.

#54 Posted by Bollard (5838 posts) -

@Boboblaw said:

@SamStrife said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@SamStrife said:

@Canteu said:

That's true.

Yeah that's not wrong, despite the fact I probably put more hours into Pearl then any other Pokemon game, the games really lacked content compared to HG/SS and B/W.

I wish I had played HG or SS, I think Gold and Silver were the best Pokemon games ever. They really need to do that dual world concept again, it was fantastic. Platinum is the only Pokemon game I've ever bought and not finished (and I've bought one of every pair that has been released, and the combined game of the gen), cause I realised Sinnoh is just dull.

#55 Posted by Boboblaw (329 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: HG/SS is just full of way too much stuff, it's probably my favorite of the series by far for many reasons.

Pretty excited for X/Y though.

#56 Posted by Bollard (5838 posts) -

@Boboblaw: Did you play the originals?

#57 Posted by Kenobi (396 posts) -

You know simply solution would be to have three versions, you could get all the Pokemon if you own all three that would encourage trading. Instead if having a few select trainers with pokemon every one wants.

#58 Posted by Shaanyboi (1342 posts) -

Gold/Silver Pokemon forever.

#59 Posted by byterunner (319 posts) -

@SamStrife said:

@Ariketh said:

@SamStrife said:

@Canteu said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx: well, it's close enough.

Nobody likes Gen IV anyway.

Gen IV is fine. Gen V is the problem.

Let's get real: G3 is the problem. G5 ain't exactly the best generation, but if you're going to call one of these games a problem, it's G3.

Gen 3 has some of the best Pokemon going, don't be silly.

Oh hell naw, you did not just say that about Generation 3. Gen 3 had the BEST pokemon designed, ever.

GEN34LYF

#60 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

I wonder will this game introduce cross species breeding of pokemon? Cause if so, that would be totally rad. First thing I'd do is breed a Pikachu with a Snorlax.

#61 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

@byterunner said:

@SamStrife said:

@Ariketh said:

@SamStrife said:

@Canteu said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx: well, it's close enough.

Nobody likes Gen IV anyway.

Gen IV is fine. Gen V is the problem.

Let's get real: G3 is the problem. G5 ain't exactly the best generation, but if you're going to call one of these games a problem, it's G3.

Gen 3 has some of the best Pokemon going, don't be silly.

Oh hell naw, you did not just say that about Generation 3. Gen 3 had the BEST pokemon designed, ever.

GEN34LYF

Considering some of the absolute duds people ignore in Gen 1 & 2, I may be inclined to agree with you on a good day.

#62 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Canteu said:

also, V is the best it's been since I.

This made me crack up.

#63 Posted by L44 (573 posts) -

If i can't get Delibird, no sale.

#64 Edited by LackingSaint (1854 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

I wonder will this game introduce cross species breeding of pokemon? Cause if so, that would be totally rad. First thing I'd do is breed a Pikachu with a Snorlax.

Uh, cross-species breeding has been a thing for a while now in Pokemon, dude.

PS Gen 5 is my favourite pokemon generation deal with it bitches

#65 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I dunno about all but it would at least need to have the majority in each X and Y, make choosing one mean something again, so if you have X and a friend has Y you can get all 600

#66 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

@LackingSaint said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Whoa really? So snorlax + pickachu = ?

#67 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@Hitchenson: I'm not talking about the pokémon designs. About that i could mostly not give a shit about.

I'm talking about the game itself.

Video game forum y'all.

#68 Posted by Panpipe (477 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

@LackingSaint said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Nah, they'll never do cross-species breeding. Well, never say never, but I think that would be a very controversial thing to do.

What means is that you can breed different species of pokemon but you'll only end up with a baby of one of the pokemon.

#69 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Canteu: Ah. Yeah, that's understandable. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the more story focused approach, I just want to go around catching Pokemon and getting gym badges in my Pokemon adventuring. Then again, I doubt I'll ever get another Poke game since I have Soul Silver (which is without a doubt the best Poke game), so it's not really a concern of mine what they do with the series.

#70 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

@Panpipe said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

@LackingSaint said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Nah, they'll never do cross-species breeding. Well, never say never, but I think that would be a very controversial thing to do.

What means is that you can breed different species of pokemon but you'll only end up with a baby of one of the pokemon.

Man that sucks, I guess I'll be skipping this generations game till I can get my Snorchu.

#71 Edited by Ravelle (1404 posts) -

Isn't crossbreeding nearly impossible to do? It would take years to cross 500+ pokemon with each other, making different models for each crossbred pokemon.

#72 Edited by Moonshadow101 (575 posts) -

It is basically impossible. There's no way in hell they're going to create pokemon data for 600*599 = 359,400 new halfbreeds. (assuming gen VI brings us to at least 600.) The actual number would be lower, since Charmander x Bulbasaur and Charizard x Venusaur would probably yield the same child, but we're still talking about increasing the number of pokemon by thousands and thousands. It's insane.

#73 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@Hitchenson: There's a story? Whatever the story was, my team destroyed it.

#74 Edited by Boboblaw (329 posts) -

@Chavtheworld:

Yeah, I played the shit out of Red and then Gold. Loved both of them, especially Gold, but considering HG is the same game but with so much more shit is just awesome.

#75 Posted by manicraider (87 posts) -

Forget how you get every Pokemon, it's the fact that people actually get it accomplished that surprises me. I know that hardcore fans don't mind because they have the time and drive but it seems very unattractive to the average player (I expect).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.