Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Today's CAD strip got me thinking...

• 82 results
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Akyho
    No Caption Provided

AH AH AHA!!! AHAAH!!! AHAA!!! AH!!!! DEAD BABY WHAT A GREAT PUNCHLINE!!

As much as I would love to just leave it there. I dont think I could.

This strip marked the exact point I lost all humor towards CAD. I was a big fan, had read it for years before hand and even paid for the CAD animated serise as stupid as that was. SINCE IT WAS A SUBSCRIPTION IT TURNS OUT!!

After that very strip. I cannot laugh or enjoy CAD.

I prefer my dead baby comedy to be more cartoony.

No Caption Provided

Actually on the topic of Pokemon......I like it.....sorry, CAD got in the way.

I like pokemon however I have stopped investing in Nintendo stuff as the only thing I usually played for more than 2 hours on anything Nintendo was a pokemon game. I am not wasting my money on any more Nintendo stuff, its just not for me. GBA days were the best.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ShaggE

Despite the ridiculous miscarriage plot and the fact that Buckley is a terrible human being, I don't mind CAD at all. Haven't read it in years, but it was entertaining enough by "two gamers on a couch" standards. The sheer rage people fall into whenever the site is brought up is kind of bizarre to me. Especially now, since it's even more of a non-entity than it used to be. Might as well be ranting about Myspace.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Akyho

@ShaggE: Yeah. However I can bring up a worse culprit on writing art and humor.....Megatokyo.com and its a bigger none-entity in the history of webcomics.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By topsteer

@WinterSnowblind: I'd like to see different types of starters because generally, Fire/Grass/Water are some of the most common types of Pokemon in the games. The starters are normally some of the best of that type but they're easily replaceable. I feel as though some of the types were really underused in the past. I think it'd be awesome to see a Poison or Bug starter.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ShaggE

@Akyho said:

@ShaggE: Yeah. However I can bring up a worse culprit on writing art and humor.....Megatokyo.com and its a bigger none-entity in the history of webcomics.

I never actually read Megatokyo. I think I'm done with "gamer comics" altogether, though. Even the good ones aren't exactly great, and their obsession with being topical and/or edgy can lead to a lot of real groaners.

I do need to seek out some good webcomics sometime. I've fallen woefully far behind on Something Positive, which was the only other one I read regularly, and I can't be bothered to start from the top.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By yetiantics

I might've missed the part where I care whether this comic should offend me or not. But hey! Internet, right?!

...yeah, I never was a big "Webcomics" guy.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Ghostiet
    @ShaggE said:

I do need to seek out some good webcomics sometime. I've fallen woefully far behind on Something Positive, which was the only other one I read regularly, and I can't be bothered to start from the top.

I wholeheartedly recommend Octopus Pie, Gunnerkrigg Court and Sinfest.
    RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By RobertOrri

This thread about today's CAD strip got me thinking...

"Do people still read CAD?"

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Hitchenson said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Is it jealous hate around here? Sure sounds like it. Don't like the comic just move on. This "I hate CAD' thing is as old as the bloody internet by now. Get over it.

If people have a negative opinion about stuff, it can only be jealously.

Riiight, gotcha.

Well concerning what people's arguments for it are...I can't imagine them being so worked up over a webcomic for any good reason. But its the popular thing to hate right?
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Ghostiet
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Hitchenson said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Is it jealous hate around here? Sure sounds like it. Don't like the comic just move on. This "I hate CAD' thing is as old as the bloody internet by now. Get over it.

Riiight, gotcha.

Well concerning what people's arguments for it are...I can't imagine them being so worked up over a webcomic for any good reason. But its the popular thing to hate right?
    Calling CAD "popular" is a miscarriage of factuality. And I do not intend to make light of one, since they are often harder on the woman than on the man.
    Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Shady

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

B^U

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By JoeyRavn

Seriously, guys? Are we still debating whether CAD is good or bad? If you're jealous if you don't like it? Seriously? Could we refocus to my initial goal here, or should we move on to a new and fresh, CAD-less topic? I think there's potential for an interesting debate here, but... *shrugs*

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shady

Then you probably should have started this topic without the CAD comic. It's not like he's the first one to make this observation.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Shady said:

Then you probably should have started this topic without the CAD comic. It's not like he's the first one to make this observation.

It was just for context, since, you know, it was what made me think about that at the moment. But, sure, I'm directly responsible for what people post.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shady

@JoeyRavn said:

@Shady said:

It was just for context, since, you know, it was what made me think about that at the moment. But, sure, I'm directly responsible for what people post.

If you had even one iota of forethought, then you would have known where this was going to end.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Shady said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Shady said:

If you had even one iota of forethought, then you would have known where this was going to end.

Yeah. Sure. I'm done here.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shady

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Animasta

I'm sorry dude but starting your post with a Thing that people dislike is probably going to start people talking about the Thing, even if the Thing has a point.

go post a leigh alexander article and see how far you get :D

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Shady

I also made a grammar mistake and agreed completely with you!

Or not. Apparently I can't read anymore.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hitchenson

@Ghostiet said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Hitchenson said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Riiight, gotcha.

Calling CAD "popular" is a miscarriage of factuality. And I do not intend to make light of one, since they are often harder on the woman than on the man.

This made me laugh more than it should.

And shockingly, the masses can like a lot of shit that not everyone loves. OPINIONS. The it's cool to hate popular stuff excuse is bullshit.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Nadril

@Akyho: Wait. So you're linking VGCats as an example of a good webcomic?

Yikes.

As far as the Pokemon thing goes, I think its best it stays on a handheld. Seems to make more sense that way.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72  Edited By Levio

For people who haven't read CAD and want to understand why people hate CAD so much, I present the CAD animated series:

I think it speaks for itself.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Shady said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

B^U

Exactly what I meant. Its ages ago. Get over it.
    Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#74  Edited By Slag

I'm not a Pokemon fan so it never occurred to me that it "needs" a "proper console" version.

really half of the fun of the gameplay seems at least on the outside looking in to be maximized on experience only a handheld can provide.

I would think Pokemon would probably be a mega hit (think Angry Birds Big) on Smart phones if Nintendo would let it happen.

If it were to go on the WiiU, I would think a Skylanders angle of selling interactive collectibles (gotta catch 'em all after all) would be the route Nintendo should go.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Hunter5024

The main Pokemon series core mechanics have been designed for handhelds, so I think that's where the main series should stay. But if they're willing to rethink a few things, a console Pokemon game could potentially be pretty cool. I think they should do it, just once, I would love to see what they come up with for a Pokemon game of that scale.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shady

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Shady said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

B^U

Exactly what I meant. Its ages ago. Get over it.

You probably need to take a chill pill.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Akyho

@Nadril: I am not. Just I giggle more at VGcats and that joke that was in response to Tim Buckley's random insercion of a dead baby.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a game similar to all that PS3 and PSP stuff where you could play the game on consoles and then play it on the WiiU too. Either way I could also go for a straight up Pokemon on consoles. I would love to see some awesome battle graphics.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By glyn

So nobody expects Nintendo to release a full blown Pokemon game on their new console. Do you really think Nintendo would develop a 3d game just for a handheld device?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DoctorWelch

Unlike every other idiotic person in this thread (I didn't actually read every post), I'm actually going to talk about Pokemon. That comic strip is half the problem with Pokemon, the other half is that they simply don't need to change because morons will buy the same game over and over and over again. Also, kids don't really know anything about how stale Pokemon has gotten, they only see the first game they play standing on its own. If I had that perspective, I'm sure I'd love the new Pokemon game. However, as someone who grew up playing the first generation, I can confidently say that it has become a stagnant, uninteresting franchise that has done little, if any, significant innovation in a decade and a half.

I've given up on Pokemon for years, and I think everyone frustrated with this franchise should do the same. The fact is, we are never going to get what we want. The franchise has already gone too far up it's own ass to redeem. Now there are something like 700 hundred Pokemon, most of which are terribly designed replacements of old Pokemon. Anything limited to the first 151 (or including the second generation could also be acceptable) is only a dream at this point, and chances are the franchise will keep going until it goes so far up it's own ass that it creates a rip in spacetime and we all die.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#81  Edited By egg

Why must there be a console version of Pokemon? Handhelds have console capabilities now anyway so it's about time Pokemon fanboys stop wishing for this. Yea maybe it was a valid thing to want back in the 90 but times have changed.

Get an XL at least, for that console-like screen.

Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jokers_Wild

Part of the fun of Pokemon was taking it everywhere and playing it with people. I suppose a console version would work if it had proper online functionality, but Nintendo just doesn't have the online infrastructure that other platforms have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.