What Happened To the Route Pokedex?

#1 Posted by Chemystery (214 posts) -

I miss the pokedex being broken down into routes so you could see if you caught all the pokemon in that area. I can't think of a reason why they would get rid of it but it seems like they did. Sad times.

#2 Posted by Snail (8578 posts) -

What?! Oh man... I hope there is a good reason you're missing out on. Not really seeing what that could be though.

That was seriously one of my favorite features added to Black/White. Or was it only added on Black 2/White 2? Anyway, it was awesome, really helpful for completing the Pokédex.

#3 Edited by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Just spent a bit of time messing around with the pokedex looking for it. Came here hoping to find answers but it looks like I have to leave disappointed. :(

#4 Posted by Chemystery (214 posts) -

I don't understand why GameFreak keeps doing this to us. They come up with great features like raising the difficulty and the route pokedex and then they remove it for no reason. I wish they would man up and stand by SOME of their changes at least.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18904 posts) -

It will be back in X2 and Y2.

#Kappa

#6 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1026 posts) -

Yeah was pretty bummed about this too! Also bummed at the damn framerate with the 3D on!

#7 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

Yeah was pretty bummed about this too! Also bummed at the damn framerate with the 3D on!

I always leave it off because the effect is weak and the game barely uses it anyways. I'm not surprised they went that direction because it looks like 3DS would never be able to handle it which is why 3D isn't even an option in 2v2 battles

#8 Posted by Snail (8578 posts) -

I don't understand why GameFreak keeps doing this to us. They come up with great features like raising the difficulty and the route pokedex and then they remove it for no reason. I wish they would man up and stand by SOME of their changes at least.

When did they raise the difficulty level?

#9 Posted by Chemystery (214 posts) -

@snail: They had that key system in the last game that could make the game easy or hard. I thought for sure they would keep some sort of difficulty slider going.

#10 Posted by Snail (8578 posts) -

@snail: They had that key system in the last game that could make the game easy or hard. I thought for sure they would keep some sort of difficulty slider going.

Huh? Key system? Wow, I must have completely missed that then. Or maybe I just don't remember it at all? You mean in Black 2/White 2 right?

#11 Posted by Zeik (2206 posts) -

@snail said:
@chemystery said:

Huh? Key system? Wow, I must have completely missed that then. Or maybe I just don't remember it at all? You mean in Black 2/White 2 right?

After you beat the game you unlock a key that you can activate to make the game easier or harder, depending on which version you were playing. You could trade it with the other version to get both. It was annoyingly complicated, but it was nice that it was there at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.