Complete Set of Series 1 Pokemon Card

#1 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

This thread is fucked up!?

#2 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

When I was younger my brother and I collected all the series one Pokemon cards and have them all in mint condition. How much do you think they are worth?

#3 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

why is vinchenzo's post above vivek's when vivek made the thread...

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"why is vinchenzo's post above vivek's when vivek made the thread..."
I came into this thread and he had no post, it was weird. Probably a forum glitch.
#6 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"shadows_kill said:
"why is vinchenzo's post above vivek's when vivek made the thread..."
I came into this thread and he had no post, it was weird. Probably a forum glitch."
yeah i clicked it and only saw your post . refreshed and it was like that..
#7 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -

God I remember when Pokemon cards first came out.  It was freaking awesome.  My first holo was Flarion.  I also remember wanting a Pikachu card so bad I got one off eBay for like $4.  God those were the days.

#9 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"At least five dollars apparently!"
Thats not all the cards I have all 150
"
I know. But regardless, they don't seem worth very much. Just because you have 17 more cards than in that eBay bid does not make them worth $500 all of a sudden. Just throw them out or something, nobody collects them anymore.
#10 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
I know. But regardless, they don't seem worth very much. Just because you have 17 more cards than in that eBay bid does not make them worth $500 all of a sudden. Just throw them out or something, nobody collects them anymore."
I have 133 more cards then the ebay guy.....
#11 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
I know. But regardless, they don't seem worth very much. Just because you have 17 more cards than in that eBay bid does not make them worth $500 all of a sudden. Just throw them out or something, nobody collects them anymore."
"
Alright, granted that was a quick eBay skim. They're not worth much, is what I'm getting at. Take the $10 you can get from a nephew and buy yourself a candy bar.
#12 Edited by Vivek (517 posts) -

Yeah probs wait 20 years. Or till 2012 apparently the world ends then.

#13 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Shini4444 said:
"Pokemon cards.... I somehow have a bunch of Japanese ones.
 JJOR64 said:
"God I remember when Pokemon cards first came out.  It was freaking awesome.  My first holo was Flarion.  I also remember wanting a Pikachu card so bad I got one off eBay for like $4.  God those were the days."
I bought a Geodude for 8. I really liked Geodude.
"
my first holo was a golem. (or is it golom?)
#14 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I wanna love ya all night loooong

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
"
Alright, granted that was a quick eBay skim. They're not worth much, is what I'm getting at. Take the $10 you can get from a nephew and buy yourself a candy bar."
I guess Yu-Gi-Oh cards are still worth something or this guy is just insane.   Link
#16 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Gah! Sorry Coltonio, I meant to thumbs up your post but accidentally gave you a thumbs down.

:(

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13208 posts) -

Yeah, I remember back in the day, when we were like, "These holographic charizards are going to be worth a lot some day!!" But no, not very much at all.

...I want these cards, though. Someday I'll pick em up. I'll put them in a little book and flip through it whenever I want to remember a time when life didn't totally suck (the 90's).

Summer vacation, no work, no school... Damn, I'm 18 and already looking forward to retirement.

#18 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
JJOR64 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
"
Alright, granted that was a quick eBay skim. They're not worth much, is what I'm getting at. Take the $10 you can get from a nephew and buy yourself a candy bar."
I guess Yu-Gi-Oh cards are still worth something or this guy is just insane.   Link"
if i sold all my yu gi oh cards for that price... brb im going to do just that.
#19 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Gah! Sorry Coltonio, I meant to thumbs up your post but accidentally gave you a thumbs down. :("
All is forgiven brother.
#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"JJOR64 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Vivek said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
"
I guess Yu-Gi-Oh cards are still worth something or this guy is just insane.   Link"
if i sold all my yu gi oh cards for that price... brb im going to do just that."
Me to.
#21 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Well, if you have a first edition, mint copy, then this might be worth it...  Click

I have this card but it's not first edition and not really mint, so I dunno how much you could get for it if it isnt under those conditions.

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13208 posts) -

Ive got that charizard too, but I carried it around in my wallet for forever. It's actually the only remaining pokemon card I can find... The rest are like, in a box in my grandmothers basement. Actually, I think my uncle gave them to his step-son or something.

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -
Shini4444 said:
"How much are Digimon cards worth? I have a load of them."
I have Digimon cards too.  I also used to play Duel Masters as well.  I was considered a nerd in middle school.  lol
#24 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Only got one starter pack and like one booster pack of pokemon cards.

Dude Yu Gi Oh.  Now THATS a card game ;D

#25 Posted by pokeorder (1 posts) -

ill buy them all for $10

#26 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

...and then sell them all off individually here I presume.

#27 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -
pokeorder said:
"ill buy them all for $10"
Firstly Jog on.

And secondly after a bit of research I found out that they are worth around 150GBP. So i think ill wait

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.