Could you name all the original 151 pokemons?

#1 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -
I could and I was the only one in my class. I can still remember a few, the most famous ones or my favorite ones. I remember thinking I was so cool because I figured out that Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres all ended with a spanish number.

Its a shame the Pokemons these days look more like Transformers and so forgettable.
#2 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -

Yes, not only that, I could recite the entire poke'rap if asked.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14366 posts) -

I used to be able to. It was my party trick. When they added new Pokemon I totally disowned the franchise for a couple of years because I could no longer name all of them. I eventually got over it.

#4 Posted by Icemael (6314 posts) -

After almost(or maybe more than) 1000 hours of Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow their names are burned into my mind.

#5 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

Certainly not in order, but yes, I could name all 151 first generation Pokemon, and the additional 100 second generation Pokemon as well. I lost interest in the series when it got to the third generation, though -- I never beat any of the games and can only remember the starter Pokemon.

#6 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

Alllmost.. I think.
Wait... oh shit I COULD NAME THEM ALL!
Oh wait wait... no.
I couldn't.

#7 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -
Bullet_Jr said:
"Yes, not only that, I could recite the entire poke'rap if asked."
Now the poke'rap is stuck in my head -.-'

I could name most of them though I always forget a few...
#8 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -

Not really, maybe 10 or something like that.

#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I used to know them both in order and in time with the PokeRap.

#10 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -

I never had a PokeRap to help me, why didn't they broadcast such a useful learning tool in Europe? I could just about name them all but once they starting adding new ones and ditched Brock, I completely abandoned the show. I like my originals god damn it!

#11 Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) -

(Sadly?) I can name almost all of them.

#12 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I can name them all in picture and I can recite the pokerap, but I can't just randomly throw out names off the top of my head and get them all.

#13 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

I could never recite them, but at one point I could have named them if shown their pictures. Now, I'm not even confident I could name half of them.

#14 Posted by ParrapatehRappa (185 posts) -

Oh man that Pokerap brought back some awesome memories. Memories of being young and carefree, and when Pokemon was just the coolest shit around.

Good times.

#15 Posted by Karmum (11518 posts) -

I can't really answer that, since I know I can't answer all or most of them, but maybe like 25 - 30 percent of them.

#16 Posted by Guardian (318 posts) -

I can still pokerap. 

Naming then in ORDER, now that would be impressive. I love the original 151.
#17 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -
Icemael said:
"After almost(or maybe more than) 1000 hours of Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow their names are burned into my mind."
Quoted for truth. I can recognize the first generation of pokemon easily. Almost the same with the second generation. But after that....  I honestly can't name one pokemon from any generation afterwards.

#18 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

yes

#19 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

I lost interest in Pokemon in 2000 when I moved on to high school, but I used to love the show and the games. I'd say I could name quite a few of the original 151 but would do better with their pictures in front of me.

I think I know one Pokemon from the second generation - Togepi? I think he was introduced shortly before I completely lost interest.

#20 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

Wait, people watched the Pokémon anime?  I am stunned at this revelation.

(Not really, I'm just being farcical.)

Anyways, the answer is yes.

#21 Posted by Guardian (318 posts) -
Binman88 said:
I think I know one Pokemon from the second generation - Togepi? I think he was introduced shortly before I completely lost interest.
True. I can't even name the starters for the 2nd generation. 
I can't say i've lost interested in Pokemon when I would instantly play Red/Blue/Green again.
#22 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

Most likely not in order, and not very rapidly, but yes.

#23 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Miniman said:
"Jayge said:
"I can recite the pokerap"
Tell me more.

"
I still have the original 2.b.a master CD o.o
#24 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Miniman said:
"Jayge said:
"I can recite the pokerap"
Tell me more.

"
I still have the original 2.b.a master CD o.o
"

Holy fucking nostaligia batman, I have it too!

What did that come with again?
#25 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

O GOD THIS SONG PWNS SO MUCH!!!

#26 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

most likely...

#27 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Unfortunately I could...shameless.

-- God Bless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.